1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 May '07 11:48
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    🙄

You've two coaches...
    A) spends £700 thrillion and wins 2 leagues and 2 cups.
    B) operates on a transfer surplus and wins 2 leagues and 2 cups.

Which is the better manager?

Also, apart from the appalling lack of appreciation of truth in your point, you should realise that devaluing Mourinho's work due to his big spending, and what every coach would like to do are completely independent of each other.

D
    LOL!!! You think a manager's quality is reduced to that kind of arithmetics? You're even much more of an idiot than I thought.

And of course that they're not independent. That any coach in his position would spend big tells you that spending would not be an identifying factor in evaluating the relative quality of a manager.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 May '07 12:13
    Originally posted by Palynka
    LOL!!! You think a manager's quality is reduced to that kind of arithmetics? You're even much more of an idiot than I thought.

And of course that they're not independent. That any coach in his position would spend big tells you that spending would not be an identifying factor in evaluating the relative quality of a manager.
    Funny, the man who can't even spell cheque calls me an idiot.

🙄

Nice way of avoiding the truth by the way. How other than through the number of trophies won(ie: getting the best out of your players), developing youth systems (transfer surplus) and skill in the transfer market would you rate a manager?

You can't honestly believe the rubbish you're spouting? Ask any man on the street who they'd prefer to have in charge of their team, and EVERY time it would be the man who achieves success without having to spend kazillions.

As for the other point, you're being insane. Allow me to operate on a transfer deficit of over £300 million over 2 years, and I could pretty much guarantee you a trophy. The fact that Rafa might like to be able to spend £300 million, has absolutely no bearing on my quality as a manager.

D
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 May '07 12:46
    The fact that Rafa might like to be able to spend £300 million, has absolutely no bearing on my quality as a manager.
    Exactly. But it illustrates quite well that spending cannot be an identifying factor in evaluating the capacities of a manager as so many (you included) seem to forget.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 May '07 12:50
    You can't honestly believe the rubbish you're spouting? Ask any man on the street who they'd prefer to have in charge of their team, and EVERY time it would be the man who achieves success without having to spend kazillions.
    Mourinho did it with Porto, spending much much less than Liverpool, Valencia. (and winning domestically, as well). One UEFA and one CL with a team built by him and made extraordinary by him. The man has consistently won trophies every year and yet your sour grapes cannot give him credit for it.

It's pathetic.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 May '07 13:15
    Nice way of avoiding the truth by the way. How other than through the number of trophies won(ie: getting the best out of your players), developing youth systems (transfer surplus) and skill in the transfer market would you rate a manager?
    I almost forgot this jewel.

Look at what Mourinho did with Porto.

How much was Deco's value when he arrived there?
    How much did Paulo Ferreira cost Porto in 2002 and by how much was he sold in 2004?
    Who dramatically improved Ricardo Carvalho from Porto's youth and by how much was he sold afterwards?
    Who signed and turned Maniche from an ok player into an international and by how much was he sold?
    Derlei, Postiga, Valente as well. The list is huge for two years.

He just doesn't need to do it nowadays as he's now in the buyer position, simply because he can. If he's given carte blanche, he'd be a fool not to take it.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 May '07 13:341 edit
    Funny, the man who can't even spell cheque calls me an idiot.
    check

–verb (used with object)
    1. to stop or arrest the motion of suddenly or forcibly: He checked the horse at the edge of the cliff.
    2. to restrain; hold in restraint or control: They built a high wall to check the tides.
    3. to cause a reduction, as in rate or intensity; diminish: The new measures checked the rapidity with which the epidemic was spreading.
    4. to investigate or verify as to correctness: She checked the copy against the original.
    5. to make an inquiry into, search through, etc.: We checked the files, but the letter was missing.
    6. to inspect or test the performance, condition, safety, etc., of (something): Check a used car thoroughly before buying it.
    7. to mark (something) so as to indicate examination, correctness, preference, etc. (often fol. by off): Please check the correct answer. They checked off the names of people they wanted to invite.
    8. to leave in temporary custody: Check your umbrellas at the door.
    9. to accept for temporary custody: We accept responsibility for any article we check here.
    10. to send (baggage) on a passenger's ticket, usually on the same carrier used by the passenger, for pickup at the destination: We checked two trunks through to Portland.
    11. to accept (baggage) for conveyance, and to convey, under the privilege of a passenger's ticket: Check this trunk to Portland.
    12. to mark with or in a pattern of squares: to check fabric.
    13. Agriculture. to plant in checkrows.
    14. Chess. to place (an opponent's king) under direct attack.
    15. Ice Hockey. to obstruct or impede the movement or progress of (an opponent). Compare back-check, fore-check.
    –verb (used without object)
    16. to prove to be right; correspond accurately: The reprint checks with the original, item for item.
    17. to make an inquiry, investigation, etc., as for verification (often fol. by up, into, etc.): He checked to make sure his answer was correct. Check into the matter.
    18. to make a sudden stop; pause: The horse checked before he jumped.
    19. Chess. to make a move that puts the opponent's king under direct attack.
    20. to crack or split, usually in small checks: Painted surfaces may check with age.
    21. Poker. to decline to initiate the betting in a betting round, usually to force another player to make the first bet rather than raise it.
    22. Hunting. (of hounds) to stop, esp. because the line of scent has been lost.
    23. Falconry. (of a hawk) to forsake the proper prey and follow baser game (fol. by at).
    –noun
    24. Also, British, cheque. Banking. a written order, usually on a standard printed form, directing a bank to pay money.
    25. a slip or ticket showing the amount owed, esp. a bill for food or beverages consumed.
    26. a ticket or token that when matched with a counterpart identifies an article left in the temporary custody of another, the purchaser of a ticket, a person who is to be served next, etc.
    27. a criterion, standard, or means to insure against error, fraud, etc.: This handmade sample is a check that the machine-made samples have to match.
    28. an inquiry, search, or examination: We made a quick check but found nothing missing.
    29. Also called check mark. a mark, often indicated by (), as on a list, to indicate that something has been considered, acted upon, or approved.
    30. a person or thing that stops, limits, slows, or restrains: The increase of duty was an effective check on imports. He was a check on her enthusiasm.
    31. a sudden arrest or stoppage; repulse; rebuff: Taxation caused a check in the accumulation of vast fortunes.
    32. a control, test, or inspection that ascertains performance or prevents error: They ran a check on the dependability of the automobile.
    33. a pattern formed of squares, as on a checkerboard.
    34. one of the squares in such a pattern.
    35. a fabric having a check pattern.
    36. Chess. the exposure of the king to direct attack: The king was in check.
    37. Ice Hockey. any of several maneuvers designed to obstruct or impede the forward progress of an opponent. Compare board check, body check, cross-check (def. 5), hook check, poke check, sweep check.
    38. a counter used in card games, as the chip in poker.
    39. a small crack: There were several checks in the paint.
    40. an egg, designated for market, having a slightly cracked shell and an intact inner membrane.
    41. Masonry. a rabbet-shaped cutting on the edge of a stone, by which it is fitted to another stone.
    42. Hunting.
    a. the losing of the scent by a dog or pack.
    b. (in fox hunting) a period in a hunt, following the losing of the scent by the hounds, during which the field rests quietly while the hounds cast to regain the scent.

*From www.dictionary.com

Idiot.
  7. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    26 May '07 14:07
    check

–verb (used with object)
    1. to stop or arrest the motion of suddenly or forcibly: He checked the horse at the edge of the cliff.
    2. to restrain; hold in restraint or control: They built a high wall to check the tides.
    3. to cause a reduction, as in rate or intensity; diminish: The new measures checked the rapidity with which the epidemic was spre ...[text shortened]... sts quietly while the hounds cast to regain the scent.

*From www.dictionary.com

Idiot.
    Yes but in America they also spell boot with a T.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 May '07 14:23
    check

[b]24. Also, British, cheque. Banking. a written order, usually on a standard printed form, directing a bank to pay money.

*From www.dictionary.com

Idiot.[/b]
    I didn't realise dictionary.com was so unreliable.

Do they use their/there/they're and your/you're interchangeably as well, out of respect to all the lazy people like yourself?

D
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 May '07 14:25
    Grammatical mistakes aside, my point was that all those nitwits that devalue Mourinho's work just because he spent large should realize that any coach with the power to spend would do so.
    Why are you now changing your original point by bringing his achievements with Porto into it?

Don't move the target just because your original point was such a shile of pite.

D
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 May '07 15:161 edit
    I didn't realise dictionary.com was so unreliable.

Do they use their/there/they're and your/you're interchangeably as well, out of respect to all the lazy people like yourself?

D
    LOL!! You keep banging your head against the wall, I see.

www.dictionary.com quotes from several dictionaries.

WordNet: a written order directing a bank to pay money; "he paid all his bills by check"
    American Heritage Dictionary:A written order to a bank to pay the amount specified from funds on deposit; a draft.
    Merriam-Webster: a written order signed by its maker directing a bank to pay a specified sum to a named person or to that person's order on demand

Do you need more or did it enter your thick skull of yours? Besides, I don't really care about occasional spelling or grammar mistakes in a language that it's not my own, but I admit it's funny seeing you in that hole you dug up for yourself.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 May '07 15:192 edits
    Why are you now changing your original point by bringing his achievements with Porto into it?

Don't move the target just because your original point was such a shile of pite.

D
    His achievements and the managerial skills that he's shown in the past are obviously on topic, as they are part of the evidence of his quality as a manager.

Did you run out of arguments or something?
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 May '07 17:12
    His achievements and the managerial skills that he's shown in the past are obviously on topic, as they are part of the evidence of his quality as a manager.

It's hard to debate with an ADHD monkey who keeps going around in circles.

I say:
    "You've two coaches...

Which is the better manager? "

to which you say:
    "
    LOL!!! You think a manager's quality is reduced to that kind of arithmetics? You're even much more of an idiot than I thought. "

And then you proceed to make multiple posts telling me how great he is because he was type B manager at Porto?

I like my debating partners to hold their own position throughout, rather than assume my position for parts of the debate.

D
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 May '07 17:20

Remind me again, Palonka, what was your original point with this thread.

D
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 May '07 17:21
    Remind me again, Palonka, what was your original point with this thread.

D
    Defending Mourinho. But I'm sorry you didn't get it.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 May '07 17:22
    It's hard to debate with an ADHD monkey who keeps going around in circles.

I say:
    "You've two coaches...

Which is the better manager? "

to which you say:
    "
    LOL!!! You think a manager's quality is reduced to that kind of ari ...[text shortened]... own position throughout, rather than assume my position for parts of the debate.

D
    LOL!!!

You DO have a reading disability.

I'll repeat (emphasis given by me so you'll be able to understand it this time):

No simple arithmetics there, buddy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree