1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 17:554 edits
    Ok kids, lets get it on!!

Starting off I would just like to say, GO BUCKS!!!!

Also, I think we can all agree that the Big Ten is by far the best division in college football as where the SEC is a pathetic joke of a division. In addition, USC should finish dead last in the polls this year as we watch my Buckeys take it all!!!

Comments?
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 18:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ok kids, lets get it on!!

Starting off I would just like to say, GO BUCKS!!!!

Also, I think we can all agree that the Big Ten is by far the best division in college football as where the SEC is a pathetic joke of a division. In addition, USC should finish dead last in the polls this year as we watch my Buckeys take it all!!!

Comments?
    You are just like a door knob....everyone get's a turn!!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 18:13
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You are just like a door knob....everyone get's a turn!!
    So who is your team and where are they ranked?

As for myself, the last time I heard we were ranked #2.
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 00:34

I'm a die hard Minnesota Gopher fan. We should at the least double up our total wins from last year. That would make two wins this year...at the least.

Yes I root for big Ten teams against all others. After the Big Ten I favor Notre Dame, who is almost a Big Ten team anyway.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '08 05:00
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I'm a die hard Minnesota Gopher fan. We should at the least double up our total wins from last year. That would make two wins this year...at the least.

Yes I root for big Ten teams against all others. After the Big Ten I favor Notre Dame, who is almost a Big Ten team anyway.
    If I recall correctly, I think you play us this year. See you in battle my Big Ten friend.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '08 23:18
    Two years in a row Meecheegan loses its opening game! This year it was Utah 25-23 over the mighty Wolverines. But the Big 10 teams will look alot better after the conference schedule kicks in.

I'm an Oklahoma fan. Boomer Sooner.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '08 23:27
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Two years in a row Meecheegan loses its opening game! This year it was Utah 25-23 over the mighty Wolverines. But the Big 10 teams will look alot better after the conference schedule kicks in.

I'm an Oklahoma fan. Boomer Sooner.
    Music to my ears!!

Unfortunately, my Buckeyes just lost their star running back Chris Wells. I hope he is well enough for the USC game. I shudder to think of their chances without him in two weeks. In fact, we only have one more scrimmage against OU next week to get ready!!

I am looking forward to the Illinios/Missouri game tonight. Should be a good one.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    30 Aug '08 23:49

Preseason rankings don't mean squat. Rankings during the season don't mean squat. The only rankings that matter are the final rankings after the bowl games. By then, your Buckeyes will have laid their annual egg and will be an afterthought.

As far as the coolege team that I root for, well that would be the University of Texas. I believe they are currently ranked 11th, which doesn't mean squat because we have a very young team and a tougher conference than the Buckeyes do. We will get an idea of what we look like in Dallas in October against Oklahoma.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Aug '08 02:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    31 Aug '08 18:47
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Preseason rankings don't mean squat. Rankings during the season don't mean squat. The only rankings that matter are the final rankings after the bowl games. By then, your Buckeyes will have laid their annual egg and will be an afterthought.

As far as the coolege team that I root for, well that would be the University of Texas. I believe they are curr ...[text shortened]... Buckeyes do. We will get an idea of what we look like in Dallas in October against Oklahoma.
    The only thing that matters is that the Big Ten is the one and only conference. The rest are for amusement, only.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Aug '08 19:55
    The only thing that matters is that the Big Ten is the one and only conference. The rest are for amusement, only.
    2 of the Big Ten's top three from last year lost. Most of the rest played at home against Mid American conference creampuffs.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '08 20:462 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    2 of the Big Ten's top three from last year lost. Most of the rest played at home against Mid American conference creampuffs.
    You mean like the cream puff Florida Gators that Michigan beat last year?

Your right of course, the SEC is a joke of a conference. It's just a good thing my Buckeyes allowed LSU to beat them in the NCG to make them feel better about themselves. Now that's sportsmanship!!
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Aug '08 23:06
    Let's check out your theory on the conferences. Just for grins, let's see just how many teams each of the respective conferences has in the top 25 rankings. I will list the team and their ranking before play began. The teams in bold lost their game yesterday.

SEC - 6 teams

Georgia - 1
    Florida - 5
    LSU - 7
    Auburn -10
    Tennessee - 18
    Alabama - 24

Big 12 - 5 teams

Oklahoma - 4
    Missouri - 6
    Texas - 11
    Texas Tech - 12
    Kansas - 14

Big 10 - 4 teams

Ohio State - 2
    Wisconsin - 13
    Illinois - 20
    Penn State - 22

PAC 10 - 3 teams

USC - 3
    Arizona State - 15
    Oregon - 21

Big East - 3 teams

West Virginia - 8
    South Florida - 19
    Pitt - 25

ACC - 3 teams

Clemson - 9
    Virginia Tech - 17
    Wake Forest - 23

Mountain West - 1 team

BYU - 16

Now, the way I see it, the Big 12 had one of their four ranked teams lose as well as Michigan getting humped at home by Utah. Pretty impressive to me. Oh, by the way, that was a Big 12 school that beat Illinois.
  14. 19th hole
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 00:31
    Michigan :'(
  15. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 00:48
    You must be really amused with Florida and LSU.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree