College football 2008

College football 2008

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
01 Sep 08

Originally posted by UserChevy
Michigan :'(
Team up north. 😀

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Sep 08

Originally posted by whodey

You're right of course, the SEC is a joke of a conference.
Fixed!

And I think the joke is on you and the rest of the Big Ten. Did you notice that besides Michigan spiiting the bit against the highly tauted and dangerous Utes of Utah, that highly regarded Illinois was humbled by Mizzou? You shouldn't stray into the tough conferences for games because it turns to embarrassment.

m

Moves
01 Sep 08

The biggest joke by far in week one was the ACC.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Sep 08

Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
The biggest joke by far in week one was the ACC.
True, but the Big 10 finished a close second.

w

Moves
02 Sep 08

Looking forward to seeing trojans vs buckeyes. This will give us a good idea of the depth of the two teams. Whats the status on beanies leg. Hopefully he can play before the big game!!

m

Moves
02 Sep 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
True, but the Big 10 finished a close second.
As is typically true, the ACC and the East were much worse than the big 10 week.
It also once again is tough to win on the road. Tennessee (a ranked SEC team) lost at UCLA.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Sep 08

As is typically true, the ACC and the East were much worse than the big 10 week.
It also once again is tough to win on the road. Tennessee (a ranked SEC team) lost at UCLA.
You're a joke as usual. The ACC and Big East played much tougher teams than the Mid American Conference. Utah, a non-BCS conference team, managed to win on the road, didn't they?

w

Moves
02 Sep 08
1 edit

It also once again is tough to win on the road. Tennessee (a ranked SEC team) lost at UCLA.[/b]
Ain't life grand?

Next I think we see may see Florida fall to Miami.

I just love the SEC!!!

w

Moves
02 Sep 08
3 edits

Originally posted by weirdboy120
Looking forward to seeing trojans vs buckeyes. This will give us a good idea of the depth of the two teams. Whats the status on beanies leg. Hopefully he can play before the big game!!
USC should be placed #1 at the beginning of every year regardless of the year or team. That is just how good they ALWAYS are. It is only a matter of who can then knock them off during the regular season. All you can hope for is that they have a few dinged up players or two when you face them during the regular season.

One thing is for sure, if you are going to beat USC, it better be early. Whoever they play in whatever bowl they are placed they will be ready. Even though I don't know where they will wind up at the end of the year or who they will be playing, I will predict that they have a 99% chance of winning. It is just a shame they did not face LSU in last years NCG. I think they would have whipped up on them pretty easily. In fact, even though my Buckeyes lost to LSU in the NCG, I am still glad we did not face USC in the Rose Bowl instead. I fear my Buckeyes would have gotten beaten much worse by USC.

Having said all that, my only peace of mind in facing USC in a few weeks is that we are playing them early. The only bad part to it is that I am sure they will be ready. After all, it is more or less a bowl game at the beginning of the year.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Sep 08

The Big Ten went 7-3. Here's the powerhouse teams they managed to beat:

Coastal Carolina
Maine
Youngstown State
Western Kentucky
Akron
Northern Illinois (and Minnesota needed a TD with 22 seconds left to eke out the victory)
Syracuse

6 very weak Mid Majors; 1 legit win (Northwestern over Big east Syracuse)

This crap conference lost in its other two matchups to BCS Conference teams and as mentioned Michigan lost at home to Mid Major Utah.

The Big Ten???? PFFT!

w

Moves
02 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
The Big Ten went 7-3. Here's the powerhouse teams they managed to beat:

Coastal Carolina
Maine
Youngstown State
Western Kentucky
Akron
Northern Illinois (and Minnesota needed a TD with 22 seconds left to eke out the victory)
Syracuse

...[text shortened]... d as mentioned Michigan lost at home to Mid Major Utah.

The Big Ten???? PFFT!
Having watched some football this year till this point, I will concede that my Buckeyes are not the best football team in college football. In fact, they are not one of the best 5 in college football. I would say, however, that they are a top 10 team. I just don't know where exactly they fall.

Of course, the only wild card is their new QB sensation Prior. If they can get him up and running along side a healthy BB Wells with a solid "D", all bets are off!! Maybe they will shock a few people including myself.

As far as the rest of the Big Ten, will will have to see how Penn State does the rest of the year. Otherwise I agree. Pfft!!

m

Moves
02 Sep 08

You're a joke as usual. The ACC and Big East played much tougher teams than the Mid American Conference. Utah, a non-BCS conference team, managed to win on the road, didn't they?
I am not sure what you watched. But the Big East and the ACC were not good at all.
(1) The Big east had three bad losses (and that is not counting Lousiville's 27-2 loss to Kentucky). Northwestern the tradition bottom team in the big 10 won by 20 against Syracuse. Pitt a ranked team (also at home) and some peoples Big East surprise lost by 10 to Bowling Green. Rutgers (at home) loses by 17 to Fresno State
(2) While some of their opponents may end up being better than the teams the Big Eats played, the ACC's week was far from good: a ranked Virginia Tech team loses to East Carolina, NC State loses 34-0 to South Carolina. (Virginia's 52 -7 performance against USC certainly wasn't impressive and on a neutral field Clemson (a top 10 teams loses 34-10 to Alabama).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Sep 08

I am not sure what you watched. But the Big East and the ACC were not good at all.
(1) The Big east had three bad losses (and that is not counting Lousiville's 27-2 loss to Kentucky). Northwestern the tradition bottom team in the big 10 won by 20 against Syracuse. Pitt a ranked team (also at home) and some peoples Big East surprise lost by 10 to ...[text shortened]... ly wasn't impressive and on a neutral field Clemson (a top 10 teams loses 34-10 to Alabama).
The ACC went 7-4 with losses to 3 top 25 caliber teams + one stunner on the road. Only Wake Forest beat a BCS conference team; the rest of the wins were against small schools.

If Big Ten teams played Alabama, South Carolina and USC, they would have taken beatings, too. I'd say both leagues have a lot to prove in the week's ahead.

m

Moves
02 Sep 08

The ACC went 7-4 with losses to 3 top 25 caliber teams + one stunner on the road. Only Wake Forest beat a BCS conference team; the rest of the wins were against small schools.

If Big Ten teams played Alabama, South Carolina and USC, they would have taken beatings, too. I'd say both leagues have a lot to prove in the week's ahead.
Unlike the ACC losses which were blowouts, Illinois lost on the road to #6 Missouri by only 10. Time will tell who is a top 25 caliber program but if you are counting South Carolina as a top 25 type team (which no one thought before this week, then by the same logic Utah (who beat Michigan by two) is a top 25 team as well.

w

Moves
03 Sep 08

Unlike the ACC losses which were blowouts, Illinois lost on the road to #6 Missouri by only 10. Time will tell who is a top 25 caliber program but if you are counting South Carolina as a top 25 type team (which no one thought before this week, then by the same logic Utah (who beat Michigan by two) is a top 25 team as well.
I would have to agree with you, the ACC and Big East have a lot to prove.

Really, the only time I have been impressed with any of the teams therein is when WVU beat up on Oklahoma in the last bowl game that they played. Of course, all WVU had to do was beat lowly Pittsburg to meet my Buckeyes in the NCG but they inexplicably were unable to do it. It is puzzling to say the least.