1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 16:53
    Originally posted by Eladar
    A perfect bowl season for me! The regular season sucked, but the bowl season was rather nice. Too bad I forgot to watch the game last night.
    Where did o who finish the season?? Staring at UT's backside. We'll see you next year.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 17:071 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Guess you should have watched the game. I'll break it down for you mullet.

After Colt McCoy was knocked out of the game after 5 plays, Texas managed to maintain a 6-0 through the first Quarter. In the second quarter when Alabama's defense had nothing to do but pin their ears back and blitz a true freshman QB with less that 2 full quarters of game tim e was never in doubt, you really showed your ignorance, but then, it is commonplace for you.
    Translation: Alabama made all the big plays and won going away.

Two of Alabama RBs had over a 100 yards but you think Texas played great D? LMAO!

EDIT: And McCoy is the consummate choker against decent defenses. He passed for all of 127 yards against Oklahoma. Against Nebraska he had only 184 yards, threw three picks and almost lost the game with a play of mind numbing stupidity at the very end. Alabama probably would have won bigger if they hadn't knocked McCoy out.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 17:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Two of Alabama RBs had over a 100 yards but you think Texas played great D? LMAO!

Alabama did not make all the big plays and win going away.

The Texas D did in fact keep Texas in the game while their freshman QB settled. It's not just a question of run total, did you even look at the sack count?

Not sure you even saw the game by the sound of it. 😛
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 17:51
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Alabama did not make all the big plays and win going away.

The Texas D did in fact keep Texas in the game while their freshman QB settled. It's not just a question of run total, did you even look at the sack count?

Not sure you even saw the game by the sound of it. 😛
    I saw the game. I saw this score at the end of it: Alabama 37 Texas 21.

Not sure what you saw. Texas got the ball at their own 7 yard line with 3 minutes to go; maybe Big 12 fans expected the Longhorns to drive the field but nobody else did. Alabama came up with a BIG PLAY; a sack and a turnover. And then scored a touchdown. And then another touchdown. That's WINNING GOING AWAY.
  5. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 18:08

Not sure what you saw. Texas got the ball at their own 7 yard line with 3 minutes to go; maybe Big 12 fans expected the Longhorns to drive the field but nobody else did. Alabama came up with a BIG PLAY; a sack and a turnover. And then scored a touchdown. And then another touchdown. That's WINNING GOING AWAY.
    It's absolutely clear that Texas, even though they lost, is the better team. No doubt.

I would have voted them #1 and Alabama #2.

<starting stopwatch for no1's response time...>
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 19:24

EDIT: And McCoy is the consummate choker against decent defenses. He passed for all of 127 yards against Oklahoma. Against Nebraska he had only 184 yards, threw three picks and almost lost th ...[text shortened]... idity at the very end. Alabama probably would have won bigger if they hadn't knocked McCoy out.
    You are a real idiot. One of those RB' picked up 70+ yards on ONE play.

The other had one long run as well as several shorter runs. Yes They had a couple of bad plays, but overall, they played exceptionally well. Alabama had a good second quarter. They stunk in the first quarter. They were pitiful in the third quarte and through the first half of the forth quarter. They had a HUGE advantage when McCoy got knocked out, and then they eeked out a win. in the end.

As far as your edit goes, double check your figures. McCoy won MORE games at QB than ANY other QB in HISTORY. Re-read that and let it soak in before the next tidbit. He was 3-0 in bowl games up to last night. Since he left the game at 0-0 and they actually took the lead, I don't think they should hang a loss on him. You look at his stats and they will back up very well what i am saying.

Only an absolute idiot would make a proclamation that Alabama would have won bigger had Colt been in there. This isn't Hawaii we are talking about, this is Texas.
    The true Freshamn turned the ball over 5 times in the game. He still managed to toss two TD's against the vaulted Alabama defense. What does that tell you?

Alabama nearly spit the bit against a kid QB and a back up center. Those Alabama mullets even screwed up the gatorade toss on their own coach!! Yes, they won the game. No, they didn't blow anybody out. It was also a good thing the zebras kept those flags in their pockets on the three occaisions that would have torched Alabama. One pass interference in the end zone on Malcom Williams. One hold by McClain over the middle. And another face guarding against Malcom Williams which prevented a touchdown.

Texas held up well under all of the adversity, whether you think so or not.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 19:26

You are a rube going away.

Texas had more sacks against Alabama than Alabama did agaisnt Texas.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 19:30
    You are a real idiot. One of those RB' picked up 70+ yards on ONE play.

The other had one long run as well as several shorter runs. Yes They had a couple of bad plays, but overall, they played exceptionally well. Alabama had a good second quarter. They stunk in the first quarter. They were pitiful in the third quarte and through the first half of the ...[text shortened]... touchdown.

Texas held up well under all of the adversity, whether you think so or not.
    "The refs screwed us".:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 19:39
    I will admit that Alabama's fake punt was really pitiful. Some plays should be attempted only by the great teams.😏
  10. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 20:23
    Ohio State and Texas cries alot after playing the SEC Champion in the Championship game.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 00:43
    Where did o who finish the season?? Staring at UT's backside. We'll see you next year.
    OU won its bowl game this year. Texas lost its BCS bowl.

True, this year is rather backwards. Usually its OU that wins the Big XII, then loses in a BCS game.

Too bad for you that Texas couldn't 'put up' when it mattered. You had your shot, but lost. There isn't much else to say. You can make up all the excuses that you like, but the fact remains, Texas lost.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 03:33
    Originally posted by Eladar
    OU won its bowl game this year. Texas lost its BCS bowl.

True, this year is rather backwards. Usually its OU that wins the Big XII, then loses in a BCS game.

Too bad for you that Texas couldn't 'put up' when it mattered. You had your shot, but lost. There isn't much else to say. You can make up all the excuses that you like, but the fact remains, Texas lost.
    No excuses chump. Just looking at where "o who" finished and where Texas finished in the rankings and smiling. Another year with you guys looking at our backsides in the standings.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 03:45
    I'm glad you can enjoy your loss, Mr. "Texas wins its bowl games" guy.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 18:432 edits
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Ohio State and Texas cries alot after playing the SEC Champion in the Championship game.
    😠 Ohio State was simply outplayed both championships. In fact, the first one they didn't even show up. There is no crying involved for this OSU fan. So as was pointed out, the SEC has won a NC since 2006. So how many more are they due? Will they win 4 more in a row?

You know, I'm am sick to death of SEC fans chanting "SEC, SEC" the entire game. It may take anther 100 years but one of these days they will get their due and Whodey will be there to enjoy it thoroghly!!! 😠
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 18:461 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    😠 Ohio State was simply outplayed both championships. In fact, the first one they didn't even show up. There is no crying involved for this OSU fan. So as was pointed out, the SEC has won NC since 2006. So how many more are they due? Will they win 4 more in a row?
    Unless we can convince more sportswriters and coaches that Boise State deserves a shot at them probably.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree