College Football 2011

College Football 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 Sep 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
No, I don't.

You shouldn't get as much credit normally for a win in a neutral site as one where you actually have to play against a team on their home turf. In fact, LSU's "neutral" site game was in neighboring Texas which is quite a bit closer to them than it was to Oregon. Contrast that with Boise State playing Georgia in Atlanta.
LSU is right at home in Arlington.

You are saying a Neutral site is as good as a home game????
No, it is not. So extra credit is awarded!!

Bama has played 3 HOME games. LSU has played 1 HOME game.
Bame has beaten TWO ranked teams. LSU has beaten THREE ranked teams.

If you think that is equivalent, then you are nuts.

Color it any way you like (you always do anyway).

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
27 Sep 11

Great test for Bama/Gators in the Swamp this weekend! The noise level should only help Florida, but I'm afraid they have too many holes on D to stop the Tide...

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 Sep 11

Originally posted by SmookieP
Great test for Bama/Gators in the Swamp this weekend! The noise level should only help Florida, but I'm afraid they have too many holes on D to stop the Tide...
Perhaps we will see some Muschamp Magic!!!!

t

Moves
27 Sep 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit

You're arguing about something that is irrelevant... they are 1 and 2 obviously and we will find out who is better when they play each other.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 Sep 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
You're arguing about something that is irrelevant... they are 1 and 2 obviously and we will find out who is better when they play each other.
Your grasp of the obvious is frightening.

t

Moves
27 Sep 11

Your grasp of the obvious is frightening.
Hey I'm not arguing about irrelevancies here.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 11

What I said is that I think Alabama is the "best" team based on what I've seen. Looking at the games, I fail to see how anyone can claim that LSU has played better. Mississippi State was in the game until the 4th and West Virginia ran up over 500 yards against the Tiger defense. Alabama runs better and plays better D. Do you claim otherwise?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 Sep 11
1 edit

What I said is that I think Alabama is the "best" team based on what I've seen. Looking at the games, I fail to see how anyone can claim that LSU has played better. Mississippi State was in the game until the 4th and West Virginia ran up over 500 yards against the Tiger defense. Alabama runs better and plays better D. Do you claim otherwise?
What I claim is part of Alabama's "better play" is the comfort of home and a lesser
overall caliber of competition.

We will see how it plays out because I was not over impressed with Alabama thus far.

It plays tougher with the target on your back.

The win over Oregon is the most impressive win by either team.
Here is what Oregon has done thus far:

L 40-27 vs LSU in Arlington
W 69-20 vs Nevada @ home
W 56-7 vs Missouri State @ home
W 56-31 vs Arizona @ Tuscon

Penn State has not beaten anyone of consequence with wins against
Indiana State, Temple (a 14-10 squeaker) and Eastern Michigan.

Arkansas has has beaten Missouri State, New Mexico and a 38-28 win over Troy,
all at home.

Those are Alabama's two quality wins.

West Virginia's wins are about the same caliber as Penn State's with wins against
Marshall, Norfolk State and Maryland (@ Maryland).

Miss State blew out Memphis, lost a 41-34 game to Auburn (both away) lost a close
game to LSU 19-6 and won a close game against Louisiana Tech (both @ home)

I think both Alabama and LSU are very talented. I think Alabama may be more disciplined.
I think LSU may have the best players.

Thus far, LSU has played better competition, and in my estimation, is the better team.

w

Moves
28 Sep 11

I have to say, listeining to the bickering over whether Alabama or LSU is better is nauseating to say the least. It's like arguing over whether the Yankees or Red Sox will win the world series.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by whodey
I have to say, listeining to the bickering over whether Alabama or LSU is better is nauseating to say the least. It's like arguing over whether the Yankees or Red Sox will win the world series.
You are such a genius. The Red Sox are actually in danger of missing the playoffs altogether.

Same is true of the Braves.

And, for the record, Ohio State still sucks. 😛

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by whodey
So what does it matter? Short Stick & no1Mcnoodle will argue ad-nauseum regardless of your posts. I say just a little bit more entertaining than nothing.

So which are the marquee matchups this weekend? Wisconsin/Nebraska? that one looks pretty good. Florida/Alabama? Texas A&M/Arkansas promises to be somewhat a game. Clemson/Virginia Tech should be alright.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by SmookieP
So what does it matter? Short Stick & no1Mcnoodle will argue ad-nauseum regardless of your posts. I say just a little bit more entertaining than nothing.

So which are the marquee matchups this weekend? Wisconsin/Nebraska? that one looks pretty good. Florida/Alabama? Texas A&M/Arkansas promises to be somewhat a game. Clemson/Virginia Tech should be alright.
Good job Smokestack

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Oct 11

Does Alabama going into the Swamp and crushing the Gators alter your opinion at all, SC?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
02 Oct 11

Does Alabama going into the Swamp and crushing the Gators alter your opinion at all, SC?
Alabama looked very good no doubt.
I guess now we wait and see which team stumbles before their ultimate meeting.

t

Moves
02 Oct 11

Wasn't the Gators first half rushing stat -14 or something?