1. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 15:08
    There's only one World Cup and no one's got it. It was stolen and never found... :'(
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 15:11
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    There's only one World Cup and no one's got it. It was stolen and never found... :'(
    Pickles found it under a bush didn't he?
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 15:20
    Originally posted by blade68
    Pickles found it under a bush didn't he?
    He did, but it was stolen again in 1983 and never found. The one you see these days is a gold replica.
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 21:14
    Originally posted by darvlay

Still only one for England? How embarrassing.
    I think they do better than that in the world cup of darts.
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 05:10
    Originally posted by rhb
    If we're talking about the FIFA world cup, then no. If we're talking about world cups in general, then you need to include all sports and all genders where a world cup is contested.
    A very good point. tell me red night..how many CRICKET WORLD CUPS has the USA won?

Also Rugby Union world cups?
    Rugby league world cups?

you need to get totals for all 'world cups'
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 05:17
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    He did, but it was stolen again in 1983 and never found. The one you see these days is a gold replica.
    that is not 100% correct.
    the first every 'world cup' trophy was given to the Brazilen team after their 3rd victory in the competiton in 1970

the one you see is not the original

(unless you mean the one gien to the brazilan FA to keep was stolen in 1983?😏)
  7. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 08:11
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Thanks to Germany's recent victory over Brasil, the Germans have climbed into a tie for most World Cup Titles. Here is the complete list:

Brasil 5
    Germany 5
    Italy 4
    USA 2
    Uruguay 2
    Argentina 2
    France 1
    Norway 1
    England 1
    Oh its a stupid soccer world cup.
  8. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 14:02
    Originally posted by trevor33
    well duh

how did england do in their first world cup?

lost to the usa i do believe πŸ˜›
    I don't think so, they beat Chile 2:0! whilst USA got beat 3:1 by Spain, Spain and England qualified from the group and USA finished bottom of that group and of course were knocked out.
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 14:36
    Originally posted by spurs73
    that is not 100% correct.
    the first every 'world cup' trophy was given to the Brazilen team after their 3rd victory in the competiton in 1970

the one you see is not the original

(unless you mean the one gien to the brazilan FA to keep was stolen in 1983?😏)
    I agree with Spurs73.

The 'Jules Rimet' trophy was nicked in London, but found by Pickles the dog, and was given to the Brazilian side in 1970 after their 3rd World Cup win.

The World Cup we see now was first won in 1974 by West Germany, but I don't remember it getting pinched in 1983???

Can anyone else add anything?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 15:35
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    I don't think so, they beat Chile 2:0! whilst USA got beat 3:1 by Spain, Spain and England qualified from the group and USA finished bottom of that group and of course were knocked out.
    no.

they did beat chile but lost to the usa 1-0 and where ultimitly knocked out.
  11. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 17:061 edit
    no.

they did beat chile but lost to the usa 1-0 and where ultimitly knocked out.
    What point does your "no" make? Although your response post is factually correct (but only skirting around the issue and selectively stating facts) my response post was valid, I'm sure you are intelligent enough to understand, but nevetheless I will go through as if you do not:

Your question was, how did england do in their very first world cup game? the answer was that they beat Chile on 25th June, USA did not beat England until the 2nd game on 29th June so how could it have been England's first world cup game as you cited? As I said the final result of the group was Spain (top) and England (2nd) go through (of course they where ultimately knocked out as you say because they did not win the world cup in 1950 πŸ™„ And again as I said USA finished bottom of the group and were eliminated at the first hurdle.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 17:32
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    What point does your "no" make? Although your response post is factually correct (but only skirting around the issue and selectively stating facts) my response post was valid, I'm sure you are intelligent enough to understand, but nevetheless I will go through as if you do not:

Your question was, how did england do in their very first world cup game? th ...[text shortened]... nd again as I said USA finished bottom of the group and were eliminated at the first hurdle.
    i asked how england did in their first world cup not their first world cup game πŸ˜‰

they beat chile, lost to the usa and spain in their group and where knocked out.

spain played the other group winners to decide the wold cup champions, brazil, sweden and an already qualified uruguay.

obviously you're the one not smart enough to be able to read πŸ˜›
  13. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 17:444 edits
    i asked how england did in their first world cup not their first world cup game πŸ˜‰

they beat chile, lost to the usa and spain in their group and where knocked out.

spain played the other group winners to decide the wold cup champions, brazil, sweden and an already qualified uruguay.

No you did not, this is what you first asked (this is a paste from your post):
    edit: how did england do in their very first world cup game?
    You later asked without using the word 'game'

Edit:
    Looks like you aren't smart enough to read your own posts, go back and have a look at your first post, it's just that I replied to the 2nd of your posts instead of your first that's all.

Edit:
    They were not knocked out in the group stage as your post implies, they beat a team but I cannot remember who off the top of my head in the last 16, and I think they were knocked out by Portugal in extra time in the 1/4 finals
  14. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 18:02
    the list specks for itself

usa 2 worlds cup

england 1

πŸ˜›

edit: how did england do in their very first world cup game? πŸ˜‰
    and here it is!
  15. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 18:102 edits

It's not worth arguing with you, if you want to take it further PM me

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree