1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 19:00
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    What point does your "no" make? Although your response post is factually correct (but only skirting around the issue and selectively stating facts) my response post was valid, I'm sure you are intelligent enough to understand, but nevetheless I will go through as if you do not:

Your question was, how did england do in their very first world cup game? th ...[text shortened]... nd again as I said USA finished bottom of the group and were eliminated at the first hurdle.
    How did England do in '74 and '78?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 20:03
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Same as the USA in 1986.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 21:17
    It's not worth arguing with you, if you want to take it further PM me
    ok i said game in my first post and they won their first game - fair enough.

didn't mean to say game but there you go, i just looked back at the second post.

from the sources i'm reading they where knocked out in the group stage as only the group winners where being advanced.
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 04:14
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Just noticed your post, off the top of my head I guess (from your stance and history of hating the english) that they were knocked out in the group stage. I suspect that you already know the answer. I'm not an ardent fan but like most follow the home nations in international events.

I still cheer on Wales, N. Ireland and even Eire I only use the word 'even' for Eire only because they are not part of the UK. But unfortunately in recent years I have found that I no longer cheer for Scotland, I used to, but over the years some of the mindless Scots I have encountered that boo England have gotten to me and I now am sort of nuetral over Scotland. It's weak of my charactor I know to let those mindless morons who take pleasure in the misfortune of others grind me down, but there you are no one is perfect that also applies to me too.
  5. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 04:24
    Originally posted by trevor33
    ok i said game in my first post and they won their first game - fair enough.

didn't mean to say game but there you go, i just looked back at the second post.

from the sources i'm reading they where knocked out in the group stage as only the group winners where being advanced.
    No you were correct I have just checked and seem to have it completely wrong, they were in fact eleiminated in the group stage as you say. While I was checking I found something quite amusing which you might enjoy, I know red night will as he hates the english.

Nonetheless, England were not able to score even one goal in response. When the 0-1 result reached Fleet Street, many English newspapers corrected the obvious typo, reporting the result as a more plausible and palatable 10-1 to England.
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 06:47
    I no longer cheer for Scotland, I used to, but over the years some of the mindless Scots I have encountered that boo England have gotten to me and I now am sort of nuetral over Scotland.
    I'm with you there!

I've never forgiven them for stopping singing the National Anthem either!

😉
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 09:04
    Originally posted by blade68
    I'm with you there!

I've never forgiven them for stopping singing the National Anthem either!

😉
    I used to cheer for them though, but just got fed up with the antics of some of their supporters

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree