1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 03:51
    The Visigoths are at the gate and we are about to see
    the sacking and ultimate fall of Romo. Romo burns NeroFL laughs hard! Defintely not a starter! The experiment is over. Bring in someone, anyone. The guy stinks. The Cowboys stink! No pass rush. No QB protection. Silly fouls. You name it. The Cowboys will do it and do it wrong. Current head coach makes me miss Barry Switzer and even Campo. Wade Phillips is outcoached by rookie coaches!
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 11:41
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    the sacking and ultimate fall of Romo. Romo burns NeroFL laughs hard! Defintely not a starter! The experiment is over. Bring in someone, anyone. The guy stinks. The Cowboys stink! No pass rush. No QB protection. Silly fouls. You name it. The Cowboys will do it and do it wrong. Current head coach makes me miss Barry Switzer and even Campo. Wade Phillips is outcoached by rookie coaches!
    Not all of us are privlidged enough to be a Bengals fan I suppose. šŸ˜›
  3. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 14:51
    The Cowboys will do it and do it wrong. Current head coach makes me miss Barry Switzer and even Campo.
    Campo? Really?
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 22:40
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Campo? Really?
    Yeah! Non Campo Mentis, the mental Cowboy's coach. Even worse is Phillips. His only talent is having a really cute daughter. Football? Never won a palyoff game. I have now wagered die hard coworkers that the Cryboys will not make the playoffs.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 22:411 edit
    Visigoths at the gate seeking to bring about the fall of Romo.

Good. Very good. šŸ™‚
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 22:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Not all of us are privlidged enough to be a Bengals fan I suppose. šŸ˜›
    I feel your pain indeed! I'm not worthy of crying out in pain for compared to yours mine is nothing! However, you have to admit at least your owner is not meddlesome like Jones! Bengals are woeful, yet better this year the Cowboys.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 00:4213 edits
    I feel your pain indeed! I'm not worthy of crying out in pain for compared to yours mine is nothing! However, you have to admit at least your owner is not meddlesome like Jones! Bengals are woeful, yet better this year the Cowboys.
    Let me put this into perspective. Their are but 4 NFL franchizes that have gone 0-6 for four seasons in their history. Of course, the Bengals are one of them, however, they have done it 6 times and 5 of which were under the current owner, Mike Brown, since he took over the reigns in 1990. Since 1990, the Bungals have but ONE winning season, after which, they promptly and dutifully lost the one playoff game they had with the Steelers. Before that, the team was so bad the team constructed a tarp to prevent fans at home from pelting their team with various artifacts in and around the stadium. In addition, the city took legal action against the owner because the city had bought him a state of the art stadium, all at the tax payers expense, and he then provided them with dung. In effect, they underlined the clause that said the city was provding him with the stadium for him to provide the city a competitive team, and they underlined the word competitive as a means to sue him. The next thing you know, Carson Palmer comes into town and they have their one and only winning season. Now since they had the one winning season, they no longer can accuse him of not being competitive. Since that time, however, they have returned to their losing ways. The owner is nothing more than a lawyer who only cares about making money. Case in point, the team at one point would be flown into a city when playing away on Saturday, as where every other team was flown in on Friday and then rest a night, just to save a buck or two on hotel expenses. Then to keep all the money in the family, he has his daughter in line to take over the team and he has other relatives involved in other aspects of the team. For example, you have cousin Fred doing the scouting and Aunt Lucy doing the drafting etc etc. Of course, they have no GM. After all, why would they need one after all the success they have had without one? I suppose he is even too cheap to hire his nephew Jethro who needs a job to be the GM.

Of course, I may sound bitter and disgusted, but it is only becuase I am. šŸ˜›

I do recognize that they have a winning record currently, but it is my prediction they either wind up at .500 or a losing season this year. Simply put, their wins have been some of the ugliest wins I have ever witnessed this year. I just don't think the winning will continue.
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 01:53
    bring back Ikiy WoodsšŸ˜µ
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 01:57
    Let me put this into perspective. Their are but 4 NFL franchizes that have gone 0-6 for four seasons in their history. Of course, the Bengals are one of them, however, they have done it 6 times and 5 of which were under the current owner, Mike Brown, since he took over the reigns in 1990. Since 1990, the Bungals have but ONE winning season, after which, th ...[text shortened]... he ugliest wins I have ever witnessed this year. I just don't think the winning will continue.
    Hear, hear, but Cowboys not far behind at all. The Bengals do have a ismall history indeed. At least the Cowboys have given us brilliant seasons. Tell ou what. Trade you Romo for Palmer! Deal. Romo might light it up with 85 and who knows, Palmer may be a better fit the the boys. Neither player can be happy about their state of affairs. It worked for Denver and the Bears!
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 01:58
    Originally posted by spurs73
    bring back Ikiy WoodsšŸ˜µ
    My favorite Bengal ever! Good choice, but can't even do the Icky shuffle anymore!
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 02:51
    My favorite Bengal ever! Good choice, but can't even do the Icky shuffle anymore!
    Don't forget James Brooks. He was the fastest man on the team.

Really their problem is ownership. Therefore, it matters little what players or coaches you bring in because ownership has proven itself incompetant time and time again. As I said, their woes began with Mike Brown took them over.

As for Palmer, if he knew what is good for him he would get off the team. The Bungs seem to consistantly keep at least one great player around for everyone to root for. Before Palmer, it was Corely Dillon. I remember a game when Corey broke the single game record for total rushing yards. The funny part was, they almost lost the game!! I have never seen a running display like that before in my life because he had next to no blocking or pass support, it was all Corey. Of course, he later went to the Patriots and won a few Super Bowls. I suggest Palmer do the same.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 11:35
    Don't forget James Brooks. He was the fastest man on the team.

Really their problem is ownership. Therefore, it matters little what players or coaches you bring in because ownership has proven itself incompetant time and time again. As I said, their woes began with Mike Brown took them over.

As for Palmer, if he knew what is good for him he would get ...[text shortened]... course, he later went to the Patriots and won a few Super Bowls. I suggest Palmer do the same.
    In that case, forget the Cowboys. It is sad when ownership seems apathetic. But fans seldom protest with their feet or remotes. Same goes for other franchises. Just looking at what they do on draft day is baffling. Then they bring in lockerroom cancers in on free agency and teams go kaput. Detestable indeed. Sports seem to offer redemption in the form of overachieving teams like the Twins last night. What a gritty performance! I wish the Cowboys had such spunk.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 15:07
    Jerry Jones is a pretty old man. Perhaps he'll die in 10 or 20 years and the next owner will do better.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 22:33
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Jerry Jones is a pretty old man. Perhaps he'll die in 10 or 20 years and the next owner will do better.
    Age is not the problem. Obtuseness is as is unwillingness to fire the general mgr. Once he does that the team might turn around if they bring in a decent gnrl mgr and have a decent draft for once then the team might rertrun to glory years form. As for now, the gnrl mgr being himself the team gets a meddlesome owner.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 18:08
    I never said age was the problem. I said age is the solution. šŸ˜‰

Btw, Dallas is losing to KC. I hope they blow this game all together.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree