Cricket at Youtube

Cricket at Youtube

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee

To me it seems Baseball is all about swinging the bat as had as you can, cricket is more about the skill of the shot, guiding the ball into areas of the field over all 360 degrees where the fielders aren't placed.
If you swing as hard as you can, you won't hit anything.

"Hit 'em where they ain't." Wee Willie Keeler.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by Crowley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZBjhTd4Z9M
Why can't I find any cricket fights? Do they call it something else like 'slap fest' or something?

P-

d

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Why can't I find any cricket fights? Do they call it something else like 'slap fest' or something?

P-
"Limpwristers"

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
30 Nov 06

P-
Because cricketers take it like men and carry on.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
30 Nov 06
1 edit

This is how you should punch (not like those girlie soccer players):
&mode=related&search=

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Nov 06

This is how you should punch (not like those girlie soccer players):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4N9LA8jIA&mode=related&search=
WoW!

Funny how there is no sound... just a fuzzy buzz... but I swear I can hear a 'thwap' when the punch lands.

Did that guy live?

P-

DS

Moves
30 Nov 06

P-
They don't fight - that just wouldn't be cricket old chap.

d

Canberra, Australia

Moves
01 Dec 06

WoW!

Funny how there is no sound... just a fuzzy buzz... but I swear I can hear a 'thwap' when the punch lands.

Did that guy live?

P-
A fuzzy buzz is all that poor fellow has been able to hear ever since.

V
Thinking...

Odersfelt

Moves
01 Dec 06
1 edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZBjhTd4Z9M
Ha, I always enjoy seeing Ponting take that one in the face!

Isn't one of those guys Mark Vermuelen who had a ball go between visor and peak of his helmet and split his skull?
And then had the same thing happen again after he'd recovered?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by Varg
Ha, I always enjoy seeing Ponting take that one in the face!

Isn't one of those guys Mark Vermuelen who had a ball go between visor and peak of his helmet and split his skull?
And then had the same thing happen again after he'd recovered?
Not sure, I wish I could get some more South African videos. There is one where Dave Callaghan (I think it was him) took one on the eye, right through the visor.

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
01 Dec 06

P-
There was footage of a South African guy in English county cricket whacking the snot out of a spectator on the field on the news services here 5 or 6 weeks ago. Dont know where to find the footage.
I do agree with the doc in saying that its just not cricket.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by lordhighgus
There was footage of a South African guy in English county cricket whacking the snot out of a spectator on the field on the news services here 5 or 6 weeks ago. Dont know where to find the footage.
I do agree with the doc in saying that its just not cricket.
Hey! Now that you mention it - Didn't Ol' Merv try to smack a spectator with his bat when he was walking off after being dismissed?

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
01 Dec 06

Hey! Now that you mention it - Didn't Ol' Merv try to smack a spectator with his bat when he was walking off after being dismissed?
Hell yeah mate. There was a wire cage between them. You know the tempers of bowlers.
Liked to have been a fly on the world to see Warneys face when Cullinan pulled a 357 Mag on him in the dressing rooms and told him he was going to kill him. Funny stuff.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by lordhighgus
Hell yeah mate. There was a wire cage between them. You know the tempers of bowlers.
Liked to have been a fly on the world to see Warneys face when Cullinan pulled a 357 Mag on him in the dressing rooms and told him he was going to kill him. Funny stuff.
Merv is a legend!
Too bad I can't find any footage of that...

I didn't know about Daryll threatening fatty. HAHA, Warne always had his number.

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
01 Dec 06

Merv is a legend!
Too bad I can't find any footage of that...

I didn't know about Daryll threatening fatty. HAHA, Warne always had his number.
Warney cacked his undies, as you do when the business end of a cannon is pointed at you. Funny enough, they are mates.
There will be footage of it somewhere, Merv is a national selector along with David Boon.