1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Mar '11 21:23
    Originally posted by skeeter
    The loss to Pakistan is a foregone conclusion - they're be still stinging after we demolished them and the Aussies will cop the backlash. Canada is capable of anything and the Aussies don't play well in 'must win' situations.

Bet that they (Australia) don't make the quarters

skeets
    Check the Pakistani's record in world cups vs. Australia.
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '11 21:43
    Pakistan wasn't half the team four years ago that they are now. They will thrash the Aussies. Bet on it....

skeets
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 06:59
    The loss to Pakistan is a foregone conclusion - they're be still stinging after we demolished them and the Aussies will cop the backlash. Canada is capable of anything and the Aussies don't play well in 'must win' situations.

skeets
    I thought the next Aussie game was on Sunday against Kenya (?)

Are you saying that cananda will beat the Aussies? (Surely you jest)
    But if they do, then Australia dont deserve to be in the finals anyway
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 19:53
    England on the seesaw again. How humiliating for the South Africans having lost to that bunch...
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 21:30
    Just saw highlights of the Ireland vs. Windies game.

What's the use of having a review system in place if the 3rd umpire is not going to use all the technology at his disposal to make the correct call? Christ, what an abomination.
    The Irish player was clearly struck outside the line, yet because hawk-eye is suggesting the ball would hit the wickets the call is 'on field call' out LBW. Eh? Isn't the reason we have these massively expensive slow motion cameras etc. so the 3rd umpire can review bad on-field calls?
  6. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 10:13

skeets
    The Aussies are nowhere near the same team as they were in recent years but what a load of trash this is - Aussies don't play well in "must-win" situations? Where has that been relevant? I'm sure there IS some relevance somewhere but if you look at World Cups(esp. since 1999), they have had a lot of "must-win" situations there.. otherwise you won't be progressing, let alone winning! I presume you are anti-Aussie.....?

How much would you like to bet that the Aussies won't make the quarters?
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 19:46
    Originally posted by AussieG
    The Aussies are nowhere near the same team as they were in recent years but what a load of trash this is - Aussies don't play well in "must-win" situations? Where has that been relevant? I'm sure there IS some relevance somewhere but if you look at World Cups(esp. since 1999), they have had a lot of "must-win" situations there.. otherwise you won't be progre ...[text shortened]... ussie.....?

How much would you like to bet that the Aussies won't make the quarters?
    Dude, she's just trolling. Pay her no mind.
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 19:58
    So, any English have anything to say? The England team are probably not going to advance to the quarter finals. Not on current form at least.

It's weird - they don't look a bad team on paper, but they have looked like losing every single pool game so far.
    The Netherlands got close to beating them, India should have beaten them if they were just awake in the field and South Africa lost on the toss on a gravel road.

I can't see them beating this Windies side and Bangladesh still has The Netherlands game ahead, so England must win.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 21:23
    Originally posted by Crowley
    What you meant to say was South Africans dont play well in must win situations.

Snap!! ๐Ÿ™‚
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 21:27
    Mr. Cricket is back (Mike Hussey). Yay.

How dare they even consider not sending him over, after all he's our new Michael Bevan?

Was hard to watch Aus v Kenya game.

Something is just not clicking with the Aussies, though on paper, it would have seemed like a simple win.

If Michael Clarke is going to turn the ball more than Krejza or Smith , then perhaps they should leave Krejza out. Maybe Smith as well and play Dave Hussey.
  11. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 22:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

How dare they even consider not sending him over, after all he's our new Michael Bevan?

Something is just not clicking with the Aussies, though on paper, it would have seemed like a simple win.

If Michael Clarke is going to turn the ball more than Krejza or Smith , then perhaps they should leave Krejza out. Maybe Smith as well and play Dave Hussey.
    He wasn't sent over because he was injured. Great to see him in the side. I reckon his brother is unlucky.. Cameron White is really struggling.. can be a match winner if he gets going but he'd wanna do it quick!
  12. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 22:18
    Yeah, no dramas - writing on here loses the meaning in what you're trying to say.. it was meant with a grin - I should have put a smiley! --> ๐Ÿ™‚ We all know that comment was silly ๐Ÿ™‚
  13. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateโ„ข
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 00:50
    So, any English have anything to say?
    Nope! We don't really care about cricket. We're all so used to being thrashed by EVERY other nation that if you tell us there's a match we automatically assume we've lost.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 04:53
    Originally posted by AussieG
    He wasn't sent over because he was injured. Great to see him in the side. I reckon his brother is unlucky.. Cameron White is really struggling.. can be a match winner if he gets going but he'd wanna do it quick!
    Yes, Dave Hussey should be in the side too. He can bowl spin in ODI's as well as Krejza, plus he's a great ODI batter.

Cameron White should be given another couple of chances. On those "postage stamp" sized grounds, if he gets his eye in, he can knock a few over the fence without too much effort
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 10:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

The Oz team looks MUCH better with him in there.
    He works so well batting down the order and can shepherd the tail if needs be. I so wish South Africa will use Kallis in the same way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree