1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 18:451 edit
    Fear , anxiety and pressure can make the best sportsmen look like idiots in any context , be it tennis , golf , or football etc etc. This is my take on the 0-0 Algeria game.

England need a Psychologist not a tactician. They need to relax , take the pressure off themselves and think positively. There's a deeply ingrained psychological problem within the England team , and it's been there for a long time now over decades.

We will never really get anywhere until it's addressed. Seems to me like Capello knows that this problem is there but has just succeeded in creating more pressure for the players with his disciplinarian regime.

I think we need someone like Derren Brown working with the team. Some kind of team hypnotism , or radical psychology to snap them out of whatever daze they are in.

As for now , I suggest a good knees up and some practical jokes in the camp. Unless they stop taking the whole thing so seriously and lighten up they will just crash out. No team can do well if their team spirit is subdued and anxious. There has to be some fun and lightness. Focussed yes thats' good , but the players really looked as if they were going to be executed in public if they lost.

No team can do itself justice and express itself if they are all wearing collective millstones as they play. Capello should go for a long walk and leave the players alone with some sports psychologists and a few crates of beer.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 19:22
    Maybe the "dentist's chair" has finally found its place?
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 21:16
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Fear , anxiety and pressure can make the best sportsmen look like idiots in any context , be it tennis , golf , or football etc etc. This is my take on the 0-0 Algeria game.

England need a Psychologist not a tactician. They need to relax , take the pressure off themselves and think positively. There's a deeply ingrained psychological problem within ...[text shortened]... g walk and leave the players alone with some sports psychologists and a few crates of beer.
    Good analysis. However, rest of world seems to handle pressure well. What I see is no team cohesion, locker room cancers in their midst like Terry, overblown egos, crybaby attitudes and this peculiar mindset telling them English public should cheer despite two poor outings back to back. If they can't handle the boo birds, how are they going to handle Slovenia? Someone needs to tell them that in spite of being overrated they might still make a run like Italy did in 06. A few tweaks in lineup might also help. Rooney is not a starter and not the same player since UEFA injury. Insert Cole. Sit Heskey. Send Crouch home. Start Dafoe. Good riddance Carragher. Put Milner back in. Teach them how to pass, hustle for balls all over field, exhibit patience. Perhaps the shrink might also remind them that EPL is overrated. Shrink needs to remind them that if they can't scare birds on opponent's net then unlikely to scare opponent. BTW, I'm glad you admit they looked like idiots.
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 21:18
    I as a Scotsman am still going to support the English in their next game.

I might even bet a few quid on them.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 21:40

England need a Psychologist not a tactician. They need to relax , take the pressure off themselves and think positively. There's a deeply ingrained psychological problem within ...[text shortened]... g walk and leave the players alone with some sports psychologists and a few crates of beer.
    some acid and a few kegs of ganja should be enough to encourage creativity and battle nerves.
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 21:56
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I as a Scotsman am still going to support the English in their next game.

I might even bet a few quid on them.
    We have been hunting traitors for years, guess we found another one 😛
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 22:06
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    why do you think he had to flee to ireland.
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 22:06
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    You can suck my sweaty balls my friend. I'm guessing you still live in the same area you grew up in...tell me i'm wrong.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 22:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    some acid and a few kegs of ganja should be enough to encourage creativity and battle nerves.
    what do you think ganja is?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 12:36
    Originally posted by trev33
    what do you think ganja is?
    i have really no idea 😉
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 12:52
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    ...locker room cancers in their midst like Terry.....overblown egos.....crybaby attitudes......Rooney is not a starter and not the same player since UEFA injury... ...Send Crouch home....Start Dafoe......Put Milner back in...
    So you're pretty new to footy then?

🙄😵
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 23:15
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    So you're pretty new to footy then?

🙄😵
    footie? you mean that quasi sport with the diving ballerina pratfalls to fool refs? The one with phantom fouls and phantom teams (France, England, Italy, Spain), phantom PK's, ejections for phantom kicks? I'm beginning to believe, like very rusty, that indeed it is a sport of crybabies who get sent home for being loathsome like their coaches and refs! Just because your team is doing poorly don't take it out on us Yanks! EPL(english puke league) is showing the world how it's done! Fake league. Can't compete on world stage. Upstaged by Argentina and Brazil. One WC win at home and never back to the big final. Stop taking your country's ineptitude out on us. You know full well the 66 win was rigged! Thread name is right. What was left out was febrile mind of limeys!
  13. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 03:471 edit

England need a Psychologist not a tactician. They need to relax , take the pressure off themselves and think positively. There's a deeply ingrained psychological problem within g walk and leave the players alone with some sports psychologists and a few crates of beer.
    Are you a psychologist? trying to drum up some business?

In all due respect England have not even played that badly? they havent even lost a game and they get boo'd for their effort...The English team have not let the fans down, but the fans let the team down with such bad sportsmanship by boo-ing them.

Shame on you English fans who participated in boo-ing, your team has done well, to be there for a start, to remain unbeaten and still be in contention...
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 08:031 edit
    Rooney is not a starter.

Send Crouch home.
    So drop England's best player from the side and send another one of the strikers home altogether?

Epic.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 08:46
    So the England players are "bored". Are they on vacation now?

If Terry wanted to voice his concerns, he shouldn't have come to the media he should have gone to the coach. The point of saying in front of cameras that he will talk to Capello is just a way of him trying to defend himself from potential consequences.

Same goes for Deco and Portugal, by the way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree