1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 09:31
    England football team , here's a solution to our woes.....

We need to look at the other countries, swallow our pride and analyse what they do differently from us and copy them.

We could take a long hard look at the Germans and assess what they do right the way through the system. We need to look at things from the people right at the top , the structure , the grassroots , the team identity , the tactics , the mentality , the corporate side , the appointment of manager etc etc.

No stone should be left unturned in this analysis , and if radical changes need to be made at all levels (eg disbanding the FA and starting again - re-structuring the kids game - employing team psychologists) then so be it. Whatever it is they are doing needs to be understood and applied.

So if we can't beat them copy them. The Germans have obviously figured some thing out that we haven't - it's time to learn , change and re-shape everything.

It's simple - figure out how they do it - and then copy it and apply it.

I'm sure that the Germans already know what is wrong with us. We don't , and that's the point.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 09:471 edit
    Originally posted by knightmeister

We need to look at the other countries, swallow our pride and analyse what they do differently from us and copy them.

We could take a long hard look at the Germans and assess what they do right the way through the system. We need to look at things from the people right at the top , the s re that the Germans already know what is wrong with us. We don't , and that's the point.
    Solution

Step 1:
    Stop thinking that we are one of the best teams in international football but there's some little magic fault or issue that's stopping us from reaching our deserved potential.

Step 2:
    End the prima donna mentality of the 'big' players that are groomed into thinking they are keystone of their club and then try and carry the attitude across to the international squad.

Step 3
    Learn how to play football again. No copying other countries, start with the proper grass roots style of play and develop a new, modern style of English play that suits the players in the squad.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 09:59
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Solution

[b]Step 1:

Stop thinking that we are one of the best teams in international football but there's some little magic fault or issue that's stopping us from reaching our deserved potential.

Step 2:
    End the prima donna mentality of the 'big' players that are groomed into thinking they are keystone of their club and then try and car ...[text shortened]... of play and develop a new, modern style of English play that suits the players in the squad.[/b]
    And experiment with using an English coach ... ?
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 10:00
    No copying other countries, start with the proper grass roots style of play and develop a new, modern style of English play that suits the players in the squad.
    This. Rec'd.
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 10:59
    Solution

[b]Step 1:

Step 2:
    End the prima donna mentality of the 'big' players that are groomed into thinking they are keystone of their club and then try and car ...[text shortened]... of play and develop a new, modern style of English play that suits the players in the squad.[/b]
    I agree and disagree.

The players are good enough to reach finals and semi finals.

I don't buy the "prima donna" jibe. English players have been under performing for years before the big money came in. There are many players in the current team who work hard for the cause. Rooney , for example , may have been rubbish but he was always trying.

The style that England play in the future should dictate the players , not the other way round. Our style should prevail over decades (like the germans) and if a top player doesn't fit the system they don't play.

We should copy other teams style of play and add the the best of our own . This is what our top clubs do in Europe very successfully. They do not play 442 in Europe veyr often.
  6. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 11:51
    An English Coach will not make a difference. I like Capello and if you watch the matches back, how many England players were doing what they were supposed too? Coach can't pass, shoot for them, but he can certainly organise them. I don't think the players were carrying out instructions.

I remember a few years ago our players were moaning about moving back to a 4-4-2 because it suited the "English game". Players make the systems work.

We were outclassed by the Germans. The better team won. I hope it would have been different if Lampard's goal was allowed to stand, but I am not so sure.

I also really hope they didn't play bad because they didn't like the coach. They are professional footballers, very well payed, and were playing for the country. And that is all the motivation they should need.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 12:02
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    An English Coach will not make a difference. I like Capello and if you watch the matches back, how many England players were doing what they were supposed too? Coach can't pass, shoot for them, but he can certainly organise them. I don't think the players were carrying out instructions.

I remember a few years ago our players were moaning about moving bac ...[text shortened]... payed, and were playing for the country. And that is all the motivation they should need.
    It's really quite simple. Drop the locker room cancers and strive towards team chemistry. A better balance of youth and experience. England looked really old and out of sorts and did not belong on same pitch with Germany. Stop overinflating the team. The rest of the world knew England was second rate except Capello and the team plus rest of country. Simply not very good! England needs to accept this fact. They could still play hard. USA is definitely not as good as England, but played hard and with heart. Japan, Korea and others do more with way less. An ego deflating pump and insertion of heart into the minds of the already quite good players would go a long way towards improving the team. HOw come they could play 20' of great soccer right before half and then come out flat for 2nd half? Halftime adjustments were never there. The England of the Algeria game is what emerged from that tunnel.
  8. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 12:10
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    It's really quite simple. Drop the locker room cancers and strive towards team chemistry. A better balance of youth and experience. England looked really old and out of sorts and did not belong on same pitch with Germany. Stop overinflating the team. The rest of the world knew England was second rate except Capello and the team plus rest of country. Sim ...[text shortened]... djustments were never there. The England of the Algeria game is what emerged from that tunnel.
    Agreed ^^^
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 12:14
    Simply give up football and do something you are good at.
    I must admit I can't think of what that could possibly be though 😀
  10. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 12:21
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    At the moment, cricket 🙂
  11. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 12:23
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Coming from a jock, that is hilarious!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 13:14
    Originally posted by knightmeister

We could take a long hard look at the Germans and assess what they do right the way through the system. We need to look at things from the people right at the top , the s ...[text shortened]... re that the Germans already know what is wrong with us. We don't , and that's the point.
    yes they can pass to their own players and retain possession, score goals and defend when necessary. Its hardly rocket science is it.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 13:15
    Coming from a jock, that is hilarious!
    we are world champions at elephant polo!
  14. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 13:351 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we are world champions at elephant polo!
    Not even good at Curling now.

Oh, YOU still have Andy Murray. 😉
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 14:031 edit
    Not even good at Curling now.

Oh, YOU still have Andy Murray. 😉
    elephant polo and snooker, and rugby and cycling and football management and tennis and making whiskey and playing the fiddle . . . . . in fact, you had the easiest road to the world cup in the tournaments history and you fluffed it big time, perhaps if you were not so self deluded it would not have been so hard on you. Your house was abandoned to you and the whole of Celtdom breathed a sigh of relief!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree