England - the solution

England - the solution

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
02 Jul 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
You are but a voice in the wilderness. Absolutely right on every point! EPL is mere props for the great foreign players who get some exposure in EPL then move to a real league like La Liga or Bundesliga. England marches backwards egged on by butt kissing press! Once they are eliminated then they turn on them like so may hyennas! I've been trying for two weeks at opening blind English eyes and they set upon me like jackals!
Provide some evidence that our England players are being propped up by foreigners in the EPL.

rc

Moves
02 Jul 10

Originally posted by knightmeister
Provide some evidence that our England players are being propped up by foreigners in the EPL.
our England? our England? How can this by Knighty my son!

Moves
02 Jul 10
1 edit

world cup 2010.

edit: champions league 2010

utd in the previous two finals sell ronaldo, out in the quarterfinals.

linerpoo usually get at least to the last 16 sell alonso, out at the group stage.

arsenal, zero players in englands world cup squad, out in the last 16.

all the england players play in england, why are they not driving their clubs to european success like robben and sneijder were?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
02 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by trev33
world cup 2010.

linerpoo usually get at least to the last 16 sell alonso, out at the group stage.

all the england players play in england, why are they not driving their clubs to european success like robben and sneijder were?
I think you are being selective with your evidence. What about Gerrard driving his team forward to win the 2005 CL final? No mention of it.

What about Rooney? When he's on fire at Man United he terrorises the best European defences full of foreign defenders.

Don't forget Scholes bashing one in against the Barca forgeaign superstars (CL semi 2008) and English players like Ferdinand , Hargreaves , Scholes out thinking them at OT.

I haven't even mentioned the English dominance of the European cup in the late 70' s and early 80's. That happened when our English teams were dominated by domestic players and the foreign influx had not really begun. But nevertheless the Liverpool team with almost entirely scottish , English , welsh , irish players still mullered the Italians , Spanish, Germans in Europe.

Interestingly , back in those days , English clubs with English players were feared in Europe , but once they put on an England shirt they were s++++te . Just like now.

Something happens when these club players put on the England shirt - they just don't play the same - are you blind? Rooney for example , could hardly control a ball. Put him in a red shirt next season and he'll be flicking it all over the shop again.

s

Moves
02 Jul 10

To wit: World Cup results. Scored three goals in four games sans foreigners. Allowed five goals. Do you need more? They really, really sucked. Rooney is the sorriest striker in recent WC memory. He passed the ball to more Germans than the Germans did. Terry and Upson in back. I've seen livelier stumps on comatose amputees! Midfield? Was there one? I agree these selfsame players look awesome while surrounded by foreigners. I rest my case!

s

Moves
02 Jul 10

As if there were further need of proof of English soccer mental farts now they just announced they consented to keep on being fleeced by Capello! There is no hope, England! You have been had! I really feel sorry for your great nation. England needs to tear a page off Nigerian prez' playbook and sack the entire team, coach and FA prez. No guts, no glory. Capello money could be spent more wisely buying off refs as in 1966!

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
03 Jul 10

To wit: World Cup results. Scored three goals in four games sans foreigners. Allowed five goals. Do you need more? They really, really sucked. Rooney is the sorriest striker in recent WC memory. He passed the ball to more Germans than the Germans did. Terry and Upson in back. I've seen livelier stumps on comatose amputees! Midfield? Was there one? I agree these selfsame players look awesome while surrounded by foreigners. I rest my case!
I did not say that England were Ok this world cup. I agree , they sucked big time. My argument is that other countries get much more out of their players than we do. The German players (as individuals) are not blessed with incredible skills compared to the England players. For example , Real Madrid are looking to buy Gerrard NOT Schweinsteiger.

The simple fact is that good players can be made to look bad if they have no confidence and no team system that works. Average players can look great if they are given confidence and belief in themselves and a team system that works.

Anyone who knows football knows this is true.

I fail to see how "surrounding players with foreigners" makes any difference. If the ball is passed to you and you control it well and turn and score , why does it matter whether the ball was passed by Kaka or Matthew Upson?

If you took a part time lower league player and put him in the Real Madrid side , he would still be found out. Rooney et al CAN play alongside the likes of Ronaldo and Alonso and Drogba precisely because they are good enough to.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
03 Jul 10

As if there were further need of proof of English soccer mental farts now they just announced they consented to keep on being fleeced by Capello! There is no hope, England! You have been had! I really feel sorry for your great nation. England needs to tear a page off Nigerian prez' playbook and sack the entire team, coach and FA prez. No guts, no glory. Capello money could be spent more wisely buying off refs as in 1966!
I agree , keeping Capello is a poor decision . I agree English football needs a complete overall. I don't agree that the current crop are not good enough to be moulded into a winning team. Our players are as good as the German players , it's just the Germans are strong mentally as a unit and very organised. That comes from a history of doing well but also a brilliant team set up and management.

Put the German players into the chaotic pressure cooker of the England set up and then give them a hapless manager who doesn't know what he's doing and they would soon show you how average they are.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
03 Jul 10

world cup 2010.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

............van Haal and Mourinho ?
🙄

rc

Moves
03 Jul 10
1 edit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🙄
The German players (as individuals) are not blessed with incredible skills compared to the England players. For example , Real Madrid are looking to buy Gerrard NOT .

ummm would you care to rephrase or edit that statement???

Schweinsteiger plays for Bayern Munich, that is the team who made it to the final of the champions league, perhaps you noticed, Real Madrid were not there????

s

Moves
03 Jul 10
1 edit

I did not say that England were Ok this world cup. I agree , they sucked big time. My argument is that other countries get much more out of their players than we do. The German players (as individuals) are not blessed with incredible skills compared to the England players. For example , Real Madrid are looking to buy Gerrard NOT Schweinsteiger.

The longside the likes of Ronaldo and Alonso and Drogba precisely because they are good enough to.
Here's my reasoning. Too many foreigners means fewer English playing and gaining experience. Look at how it has affected Italy's side. England has great players who do not seem to gel as a national side. It is a true enigma. Reform is needed. Perhaps a sports college like Germany has where fundamentals are taught. In my home town in Texas we have a spring youth tournament with international participation. Not once have we had a youth team from England. Does not mean thee aren't any, but they are not getting international experience early. I'm sure they get experience elsewhere, just not sure in what amount.

England can do it if they set their minds to it. Study those 20' where they had Germany on the ropes. Study how Spain does it and Brazil. I agree the talent is there, just needs to be exploited.

Moves
04 Jul 10

I think you are being selective with your evidence. What about Gerrard driving his team forward to win the 2005 CL final? No mention of it.

What about Rooney? When he's on fire at Man United he terrorises the best European defences full of foreign defenders.

Don't forget Scholes bashing one in against the Barca forgeaign superstars (CL semi 20 ...[text shortened]... all. Put him in a red shirt next season and he'll be flicking it all over the shop again.
we're talking about 2010 not the 70s or 80s, you can't compare the two.

am i blind? did you watch england during the qualifying rounds? there's a reason why a lot of people said england would win the world cup and most said they at least had a good chance.

liverpoo got lucky in 2005. gerrard had a good game in the final i'll admit but there was only one other englishman in that final. and with gerrard probably being englands best player at the world cup this year it's hardly a good advertisement for english players.

my point if you missed it was that because the quality foreign players left these clubs they struggled in the cl. with them they can do well in europe, as has been proven over the past 5 years or so. technically ronaldo, alonso, fabregas etc. are much better than anything england can produce. why do you think gerrard and lampard play so well for their clubs but can't reach that level of form for england? it's all about the class of player around them creating chances for them...

talk about me being selective with my evidence, you're giving me the scholes goal in the cl against barce? one goal? this is the player that many thought was passed it during 08 and you’re giving him as an example of the class of english players because of one goal? lol it just proves my point. hargreaves is class i'll give you that, the best player england had in the 2006 world cup many said. born in canada, moved to germany as a teenager, hardly english though is he? hargreaves further proves my point about youth coaching below.

what about rooney? the utd team was set up for rooney to score and he did... what did they win without ronaldo?

england has a serious problem with producing good quality technically gifted players and the success of the pl has a lot to do with this. Most of all coaching at an early age is the problem, it's just not good enough in the uk or ireland when you compare it with germany or spain for example. look into youth coaching before you comment wrongly on that. there are 10 times as many fifa-licensed coaches in germany coaching young players in germany than there is in england. it's similar with spain. you just have to look at the way they can control and pass the ball to back this up.

rc

Moves
04 Jul 10
1 edit

am i blind? did you watch england during the qualifying rounds? there's a reason why a lot of people said england would win the world cup and most said they at least had a good chance.

liverpoo got lucky in 2005. gerrard had a good game in the final i'll admit but there was only o you just have to look at the way they can control and pass the ball to back this up.
you just have to look at the way they can control and pass the ball to back this up. trev the rev

yes, it is almost soul destroying to watch football, where the players cannot even pass the ball to ones own team members or goal keepers who refuse to throw the ball to their own player and simply loft it into the air making it a 50/50 ball. This is the reason i refuse to watch Scotland, it like a chess player who has failed to master the fundamentals of pin, skewer and mate in one. England were running on the myth that their, 'spirit', would make up for any lack of technique, hope chess at its worst.

p

Moves
04 Jul 10

liverpoo got lucky in 2005. gerrard had a good game in the final i'll admit but there was only o ...[text shortened]... you just have to look at the way they can control and pass the ball to back this up.
Any decent player can control and pass the ball !!
I was doing that at 13 yrs old playing for my School team .,if you can't control and pass the ball you dont become a proffessional footballer ,simple as that !! A coach will coach you in the art of positioning ,build up your strengh and endurance . Technical skills ,stamina ,set pieces etc ,etc .
The England team were not good enough ...Rooney is good at Man Utd because he has a team that works together and he does'nt come up against a world class disciplined defence every week .
Gerrard and Lampard are limited to roving all over the place ,in and out of position giving the ball away far to easily.
John Terry ,is such an egotistical big headed waste who wants to play in the oppositions half all the time !!!!
You are right when you say the premier lge is a cause of a problem with the Uk and Ireland bringing on players .
Its all to easy for Prem lge managers to just go out a buy the best Foreign players thus keeping young home grown talent out of the first team. If that England team kept their shape and position it might of been a different story . Give a player like Terry ,say, 150,000 pounds a week ,build him up saying he is the best central defender in the world , and taking in to account his lacking grey matter ... equals >> loose cannon ,plays where he wants too ,has no respect for his manager and that can be said about nearly every other player in that England side !!!
English ,Scottish, welsh and Irish players could pass the ball like Spain do . But you would have to take big ego's , prima donna's, and vast amounts of money away .. Saying that ,it ain't gonna happen !!!
I honestly do not think i will see in my remaining life time ( i am now 49 ) any cup coming to any Uk team ,definitly not England !!!

Moves
04 Jul 10

🙄
how many cl titles do the 4 managers of the pl teams in the cl last year have between them?

anyone making a top 10 list of european managers would include at least 2 of them, possibly 3 or even all 4 if they're slightly retarded (liverpoo fans 😵

so no, all 6 of them are very good coaches, it's the players who didn't do it.