England vs. Algeria

England vs. Algeria

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by barstudd
If you hate to gloat...then why do you?

how stupid will these comments be if England win their next game? its not beyond them.

why even have doubt? the past doesnt dictate the future.
Because I can! You see another miracle for this sorry bunch like you see one for France? That's laughable. How do you like my crystal ball this time? After all I did fix it after you pointed the cracks out to me. So your logic is that because England might win I should suspend disbelief and keep my comments to myself at risk of looking stupid? Where, pray tell me, do you point out the same for those who predicted a win for England over Algeria. You gonna call them stupid too? At first I called it for England then I changed after I learned James was going to be at goal. Not because he's not a good goal keeper, but because of ehat pulling Green does to team morale. At least Algerian coach made up an injury to his Green-like keeper. Same people called it 5-1 England over USA! Are they stupid? Frankly your comments approximate the adjective way more than mine. Face it. England is an overrated, mediocre side.

b
dinky-di Aussie

Australia

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Because I can! You see another miracle for this sorry bunch like you see one for France? That's laughable. How do you like my crystal ball this time? After all I did fix it after you pointed the cracks out to me. So your logic is that because England might win I should suspend disbelief and keep my comments to myself at risk of looking stupid? Where, pr ...[text shortened]... approximate the adjective way more than mine. Face it. England is an overrated, mediocre side.
your reading what you want into everything, your being opinionated and negative leading into being argumentative rather than understanding.

Im not stating France or anyone else for that matter winning or losing anything, Im simply saying that anything is possible, God is in the future and knows the outcome of this tournament, but you and I are not God nor are we in the future so we dont really have a clue whats going to happen.

s

Moves
18 Jun 10

your reading what you want into everything, your being opinionated and negative leading into being argumentative rather than understanding.

Im not stating France or anyone else for that matter winning or losing anything, Im simply saying that anything is possible, God is in the future and knows the outcome of this tournament, but you and I are not God nor are we in the future so we dont really have a clue whats going to happen.
No disagreement there. However, I was also gifted with an IQ to take a humble crack at prediction. Same as you. You think France and England still have a chance. Is that not looking in the future? My negative approach makes it no less valid. I understand you and I don't. You pick on me yet say nothing remotely approximating stupidity in regards to those who called it even 4-0 for England. Therein lies my beef.

o
Art is hard

Moves
18 Jun 10

We all now England right now are crap.

On the other hand, they are formidable compared to scachi's comments...

Moves
18 Jun 10

You think France and England still have a chance. Is that not looking in the future?
"Im not stating France or anyone else for that matter winning or losing anything," batstudd © 2010

but no it's not 'looking into the future' saying they have no chance is looking into the future when clearly mathematically they do have a chance.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
18 Jun 10

That was awful, need not say more and for all the England followers, one can only hope that such a poor display isn't repeated...if it is, it'll be one of the worst cups they've contended.
The 'crystal ball,' you should put your 'analysis' to the tabloids...you'd be on familiar turf, most of such pundits have never kicked a ball either 😉

b
dinky-di Aussie

Australia

Moves
18 Jun 10
1 edit

No disagreement there. However, I was also gifted with an IQ to take a humble crack at prediction. Same as you. You think France and England still have a chance. Is that not looking in the future? My negative approach makes it no less valid. I understand you and I don't. You pick on me yet say nothing remotely approximating stupidity in regards to those who called it even 4-0 for England. Therein lies my beef.
England and France's form has not been convincing so far, but they still at this stage have not been eliminated from the competition, there is still a window of opportunity for them both, they may or they may not put in their best performances of the tournament in their next game?

You think France and England still have a chance. Is that not looking in the future?its saying that your opinion is not going to determine the outcome.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
18 Jun 10

England shocked me tonight as I expected such a team to lose

s

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by orion25
We all now England right now are crap.

On the other hand, they are formidable compared to scachi's comments...
Look at the final score you smug Dutch! Your comments are deep and brilliant and wrong!

s

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
That was awful, need not say more and for all the England followers, one can only hope that such a poor display isn't repeated...if it is, it'll be one of the worst cups they've contended.
The 'crystal ball,' you should put your 'analysis' to the tabloids...you'd be on familiar turf, most of such pundits have never kicked a ball either 😉
Another not man enough to talk directly? I don't bite dearest reverend slacker. Tabloids writers have never kicked a football? I thought everyone in Europe was either a master player, former player, coach an on an on ad nauseam. I both played on my school team and refereed little league. However, don't need to have such history to see which teams suck, England being at the top of that list.

s

Moves
18 Jun 10
1 edit

England and France's form has not been convincing so far, but they still at this stage have not been eliminated from the competition, there is still a window of opportunity for them both, they may or they may not put in their best performances of the tournament in their next game?

[b]You think France and England still have a chance. Is that not looking in the future?
its saying that your opinion is not going to determine the outcome.[/b]
Why when did I ever sya my opinion mattered or even determined outcomes. Since you're the math genius calculate this. How many teams have played this poorly in first two games and advanced? Odds not very good, eh? Whose fault is that? You really think genius Capello and Domenech can straighten out their floundering ship? Perhaps odds have been more in my favor, that's all. I am not God nor doI purport to know more than anyone the way the other posters seem to with their dismissive attitudes. I know they are hot under the collar that their vaunted England is sooo baaad they can't score against a team they far outrank. Face it. No cohesion. The "t" in team is lower case whereas for Slovenia, Algeria and USA it has been a capital one. Much to admire in the latter three's performance. I'd venture another guess and say the English press is being lots harsher in their eval of England's WC performance than I have!

s

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by Mctayto
Hey, McTayto! A voice in the wilderness! I am also shocked England did not lose and prove my 0-0 prediction wrong!

Moves
19 Jun 10

Originally posted by Mctayto
Well you lot certainly know what losing looks like.

Moves
19 Jun 10

England were poor and the fans got frustrated with them. I'm not convinced it's all the players fault though, I think Capello has them too fearful fro their places and that is stifling free play.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
19 Jun 10

It's been said a million times but the midfield of Barry, Lampard and Gerrard completely failed to get a grip on the game. Three central midfielders and in no way did they dominate the midfield like they should with such a tactical choice. If Capello wants to include Barry then he can't play with Lampard and Gerrard at the same time.

I have to say, the biggest disappointment last night was Capello. Why didn't he change the shape earlier on? And Lennon was also cutting inside which meant England had no width at all.

My suggestion:

Heskey and Lampard out. Rooney plays up front as the middle man in a 4-3-3 with more focus on width and speed and less possession (England seem really uninspired playing a possession game). A midfield of Barry, Carrick with Gerrard pushed higher up the pitch would provide defensive cover and is able to focus on faster transitions if England play with two wingers. The only problem is that England doesn't have a natural left-winger but Cole has played there somewhat so if an adapted Lennon or SWP is not working then he might be given a go.

Thoughts?