England World Cup Chances

England World Cup Chances

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
27 Jun 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
What generalizations? I was being very specific. Do not lump yourself together with other Brits for you stand alone as the all knowing ignoranus(emphasis on last two syllables after deliberate misspeling for your delight, although the caption on your avatar may place you slightly forward anatomically.). What you call bigotry is merely directed at you. U ...[text shortened]... wrong. So where you get off on knowing so much evidences your ignorance way more than mine.
Here are some of your generalisations regarding both the English and the French:

U tryin' to tick off the Limeys? They are pretty humorless the whole sorry lot.
No way Limey's stand alone as a dislikeable lot on their own merits? Ha! Funny thing is I certainly like everyone else in the commonwealth. Limey's too close to the Frenchies in BO index. Bath a week, is it? I forget now with the green craze they use conserving water as an excuse for spacing baths far apart. Best at stinking it up like they will on Sunday!
Tehy're counting on good ol English silliness and like fattening their wallets. But then again ya'll are a silly lot indeed.
Old fashioned French arrogance! They are a sorry bunch indeed.
England is crap...
I'm sure as we speak there's hooligans jumping into the Thames or taking it out on little old ladies or innocent soccer bystanders!

If you don't like being accused of bigotry, you should really refrain from making statements like these.

And regarding your insistence that I have overrated England, let's see you find a single post of mine where I predicted anything for the England team which they have not achieved. In fact they have already exceeded my expectations. Of course I hoped they would do well, but certainly didn't expect it - I've seen them underperform on the global stage for decades and didn't for one moment expect them to change this year.

Have I made this all clear enough for you now?

z

Auckland

Moves
27 Jun 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Here are some of your generalisations regarding both the English and the French:

[quote]U tryin' to tick off the Limeys? They are pretty humorless the whole sorry lot.
No way Limey's stand alone as a dislikeable lot on their own merits? Ha! Funny thing is I certainly like everyone else in the commonwealth. Limey's too close to the Frenchies in BO ...[text shortened]... t expect them to change this year.

I have to agree with you avalanchethecat.

Perhaps one should look up the 100 year war - That was between England and France before America was 'discovered'.

English are very very witty, dry humour.

I might have them on about their football, particularly DV, as I know he will give me 3 times back and know it is fun.

France and England, I would certainly not call them friendly - they tolerate each other and are joined by a tunnel some 22 miles apart.

s

Moves
27 Jun 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat

[quote]U tryin' to tick off the Limeys? They are pretty humorless the whole sorry lot.
No way Limey's stand alone as a dislikeable lot on their own merits? Ha! Funny thing is I certainly like everyone else in the commonwealth. Limey's too close to the Frenchies in BO ...[text shortened]... t expect them to change this year.

Maybe you're Capello in disguise. Maybe you were talking about some other cup because it surely was not the world cup. Still only one is the one you stole in 66. I wish I couls say I feel sorry for England, but I don't. OVERRATED as I maintained all along you thin skinned posterioly located anatomical something which shall remain nameless. Humorless is not a bigoted statement but a reality of euroweenies. Live with it. Nothin' I can do about you and your sorry team! Don't be ticked off at me. Get ticked off at your sorry team. All along you've been taking it out on me. Not my fault you sent aging OVERRATED players who don't know how to play! Again, ain't my fault, dude!

z

Auckland

Moves
28 Jun 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Maybe you're Capello in disguise. Maybe you were talking about some other cup because it surely was not the world cup. Still only one is the one you stole in 66. I wish I couls say I feel sorry for England, but I don't. OVERRATED as I maintained all along you thin skinned posterioly located anatomical something which shall remain nameless. Humorless is ...[text shortened]... you sent aging OVERRATED players who don't know how to play! Again, ain't my fault, dude!
scacchipazzo, it is a 🙁 day for England but look forward - it is only 2 years until the qualifying games for Brazil start.

Perhaps the All Whites may do better along with all the other teams that have gone home.