Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 20 Oct '07 13:50
    If any more prove was ever need that the so called ‘top 4’ of the English Prem league always get the benefit of the dought from referees, today’s Everton/ Liverpool game was all the prove ever needed for all to see.

    How Lescott and Everton , never got two (!) Penalties in this game is just unbelievable.

    We see this all the time, week in and week out now, how Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal always play with 12 men!!
  2. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    20 Oct '07 15:27
    And more hypocrisy from Rafa.
  3. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    20 Oct '07 15:42
    Originally posted by Palynka
    And more hypocrisy from Rafa.
    Rafa's as dislikable as Neil Warnock and Jose Mourinho.

    Accused his captain of not using his brain. Accused Lescott of diving. And tried to say that Liverpool were trying to play passing football.

    Liverpool have overtaken Chelsea as the most unwatchable side in the top half of the table.

    D
  4. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    20 Oct '07 15:59
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Rafa's as dislikable as Neil Warnock and Jose Mourinho.

    Accused his captain of not using his brain. Accused Lescott of diving. And tried to say that Liverpool were trying to play passing football.

    Liverpool have overtaken Chelsea as the most unwatchable side in the top half of the table.

    D
    Fool. Mourinho is the man.
  5. 20 Oct '07 21:28
    Originally posted by spurs73
    If any more prove was ever need that the so called ‘top 4’ of the English Prem league always get the benefit of the dought from referees, today’s Everton/ Liverpool game was all the prove ever needed for all to see.

    How Lescott and Everton , never got two (!) Penalties in this game is just unbelievable.

    We see this all the time, week in and week out now, how Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal always play with 12 men!!
    so gerrard wasn't fouled

    any neville didn't delibrately handle the ball
  6. Standard member Rooney Once a Blue
    Always a Red
    20 Oct '07 21:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Rafa's as dislikable as Neil Warnock and Jose Mourinho.

    Accused his captain of not using his brain. Accused Lescott of diving. And tried to say that Liverpool were trying to play passing football.

    Liverpool have overtaken Chelsea as the most unwatchable side in the top half of the table.

    D
    I actually thought Chelsea played some fairly attractive football today.

    Chelsea were becoming very stale with Mourinho and everyone in the press have only had bad things to say about Grant.

    Grant has however definately started to make Chelsea play more attractive football and getting results (like Valencia away).
    I would like to see Grant do well at Chelsea as not only does he have the press against him, he has many Chelsea supporters against him, but he gets on with it and is producing results.

    As for Rafa, his post match comments are consistently the most ridiculous quotes you will ever hear.
    He slags off his own players, refs, the Premier League and the opposing teams tactics, its never his fault though.
    The guy is a joke, he's bought over 50 players and Liverpool are going backwards, I think its the 3rd time already this season Liverpool have a lucky last few minutes goal.

    Not only are Liverpool the most boring side to watch in the Premiership, I think Rafa has overtaken Wenger as the most biased manager who only see's what he want to see.

    I also have to say I'm really impressed with Wenger.
    He keeps on creating new sides with limited money, if you like him or not you have to admire the results he has consistently produced over the last 10+ years.

    And finally Rooney, what a player, Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Anderson and Nani (average age 21) are going to dominate the Premiership for the forseeable future.
  7. 20 Oct '07 23:41
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I actually thought Chelsea played some fairly attractive football today.

    Chelsea were becoming very stale with Mourinho and everyone in the press have only had bad things to say about Grant.

    Grant has however definately started to make Chelsea play more attractive football and getting results (like Valencia away).
    I would like to see Grant ...[text shortened]... on and Nani (average age 21) are going to dominate the Premiership for the forseeable future.
    Liverpool have been boring to watch for the last 3 years (or ever since Rafa took over!)

    Wenger- has lots of money (Arsenal were reported recently to have had the most profit this financial year) its just he does not like speading it on buying to many 'named' players.

    As for Rooney and Co.... i think they will only stay togather about 2 years and then they will break up. Ronaldo will be the first to go. Anderson is not really as good as ppl think.

    Lets see how he and nani do when the weather gets colder and the english pitches get heaver!
  8. Standard member Rooney Once a Blue
    Always a Red
    21 Oct '07 04:19
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Liverpool have been boring to watch for the last 3 years (or ever since Rafa took over!)

    Wenger- has lots of money (Arsenal were reported recently to have had the most profit this financial year) its just he does not like speading it on buying to many 'named' players.

    As for Rooney and Co.... i think they will only stay togather about 2 years and then ...[text shortened]...
    Lets see how he and nani do when the weather gets colder and the english pitches get heaver!
    I think Houllier started the whole Liverpool negative football thing.
    Houllier started the 'play for a penalty' mentality football in Europe and Rafa is just the same.

    You are right Wenger does have lots of money and does occasionally spend big'ish, but often his big money signings don't work out. He is really exceptional though at developing players with potential as we can see with his new team.

    There seems to be a lot of money in London, Spurs have just anounced massive profits, thats after sending big too.

    I think United's new young team will stay together for a while yet.
    Rooney - He'll stay at United as long as Sir Alex is there.
    Nani - If he develops into a great player, I think he'll stay for at least 6 or 7 years then maye move to Spain when he's 27
    Ronaldo - He will probably move on in 2 or 3 years time and we will get a fortune for him
    Tevez - Difficult, he's definately finding his place in the side and was our 2nd best player today (after Rooney), his 17 year old brother is rumoured to have signed. United also have an option to sign him for 3 years at the end of next season, so Tevez is a United player for as long as they want him for now.
    Anderson - He is only 19 years old. He was ok today. Against Wigan he was fantastic, other games he has been in and out. People don't realize he can play anywhere in midfiled and currently is concentrating as playing as a defensive midfielder. I really do think he'll soon adapt into a top class player by the end of the season.

    United always seem to hang on to players until they are at least 28, then Sir Alex sometimes sells them (Van Nist, Beckham, Stam) for a decent amount of money.

    Overall though I think you're right about Ronaldo, he will probably be playing in Spain in 3 years time.
    As for Nani and Anderson, they are both just great potential right now.
    Ronaldo worked out, Nani is looking very promising and is use to European weather, Anderson is definately a risk but he has played for Porto and is a box to box player, so hopefully he has the strength to adapt to English conditions.
  9. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    21 Oct '07 09:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I think Houllier started the whole Liverpool negative football thing.
    Houllier started the 'play for a penalty' mentality football in Europe and Rafa is just the same.

    You are right Wenger does have lots of money and does occasionally spend big'ish, but often his big money signings don't work out. He is really exceptional though at developing box to box player, so hopefully he has the strength to adapt to English conditions.
    I'm concerned that Anderson has been moved to more defensive positions than he's used to play in. He played as an offensive midfielder in Porto and is now being held back because he also does defensive work. It's a bit of a waste, in my opinion, even if he can do well as a box-to-box or defensive midfielder. Much like Deco's positioning at Barcelona is a waste. He's still very good, but he was incredible at Porto when he was playing as an offensive midfielder.
  10. 21 Oct '07 12:00 / 2 edits
    Nice bit of baiting from the usual suspects.

    The facts are thus.

    LFC were trying to play a passing game, but were poor
    Everton were the better team until the sending off
    Although the better team, they didn't hit the target in that time
    LFC were correctly awarded 2 penalties
    Everton were denied 2 possible penalties
    2 Everton players were correctly sent off
    Dirk Kuyt should have been sent off

    Decisions sometimes go against you, sometimes for you. Yesterday they went in LFC's favour. Against Chelsea, LFC were unlucky to be penalised for Malouda's jump & dive that quite frankly should have earned him a yellow card. They lost 2 points due to a bad decision, yesterday they had a few decisions in their favour which may have been responsible for picking up a couple/few.

    Rafa's comments were unusual, I've not seen him call anyone a diver before. But he's no more partisan than any other manager in the Prem. Those thrusting Mourinho's name forward as the model manager should get a grip. Under Moaninho, Chelsea apparently never lost a match or were ever outplayed, never given any borderline decisions and opponents slated for have the cheek to not play to Chelsea's strenghts.

    And before Utd fans get on their high horses, Old red nose is the original whinge bag. He's so childish that he still doesn't speak to the BBC!
  11. 21 Oct '07 16:25
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Nice bit of baiting from the usual suspects.

    The facts are thus.

    LFC were trying to play a passing game, but were poor
    Everton were the better team until the sending off
    Although the better team, they didn't hit the target in that time
    LFC were correctly awarded 2 penalties
    Everton were denied 2 possible penalties
    2 Everton players were correctl ...[text shortened]... e is the original whinge bag. He's so childish that he still doesn't speak to the BBC!
    Spot on with everything here Angry Boy... apart from the 'possible' Everton penalties!!!

    The first was in doubt, the 2nd was clear cut.

    I also think that Stevie Gerrard knew exactly what he was doing when he earned the first penalty... watch his right leg once he enters the box...
  12. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Oct '07 18:07
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    And before Utd fans get on their high horses, Old red nose is the original whinge bag. He's so childish that he still doesn't speak to the BBC!
    You may have noticed that none of the managers who the BBC called criminals are speaking with the BBC.

    Of course if Rafa had been implicated by the BBC in being corrupt, he'd be falling over himself to talk to them.

    You'd made a decent post until that piece of crap.

    D
  13. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    21 Oct '07 19:26
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You may have noticed that none of the managers who the BBC called criminals are speaking with the BBC.

    Of course if Rafa had been implicated by the BBC in being corrupt, he'd be falling over himself to talk to them.

    You'd made a decent post until that piece of crap.

    D
    Sir Alex should get off his high horse and talk to beeb again - he is showing himself to be petty and petulant - a bit like his players.

    Big Sam is not really missed - but he can be forgiven after the panarama allegations.
  14. 21 Oct '07 20:46
    I'll declare my interest - I'm an Everton fan.

    1st penalty - I'm not sure if it was inside the box, but I don't blame Clattenburg for that, it was a very hard decision, Gerrard knew exactly what he was doing, diving forward as he went down to get the verdict.

    Hibbert's got no grounds for appeal for his red card, but let's be honest : his only offence was a slight shove, and some refs would have let him off with a yellow, despite the goalscoring opportunity. It would be very interesting to know what Gerrard said to Clattenburg, and to see whether Clattenburg will admit to changing his mind on the colour of the card.

    No arguments on the 2nd pen, except for the fact that Kuyt shouldn't have been on the field to take it !

    Everton were robbed of a penalty in the last minute. Maybe we were just unlucky, these things happen in football. What really sticks in the craw though is seeing Rafa saying Lescott dived and Jamie Carragher saying it's a man's game. Utterly contemptible. And they call themselves a big club ...
  15. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Oct '07 21:21
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Sir Alex should get off his high horse and talk to beeb again - he is showing himself to be petty and petulant - a bit like his players.

    Big Sam is not really missed - but he can be forgiven after the panarama allegations.
    Why should he? Fergie faced similar allegations to those faced by Allardyce.

    How can it be petty for one and not for another? Are you showing bias here?

    D