1. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    23 May '07 14:481 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Sweet cupcake... I don't understand you. Maybe I don't have your tuned, sparkly Benny-Hill-sense-of-humor or I am missing some cromosoma. Please teach me.
    YouTube&mode=related&search=
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 May '07 14:51
    Would you whisperi that song to my ear? 😉
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    23 May '07 14:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 May '07 14:54
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Is that a song DS?
  5. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    23 May '07 14:55
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Is that a song DS?
    One of Cliff Richards' finest.
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:01
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    One of Cliff Richards' finest.
    Are you sure? ....Im sure it was the Beatles!!!
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:14
    Seitse:

I was using the logic you started this thread with to show how your argument is weak. My comparison was world cup finals as an indication of the quality of international football (my mistake for describing this as "world football" earlier). The fact is the two don't compare, and neither does the FA Cup final of this year with the entire Premier Legaue/English Football.

Another example to consider:

Was the recent (farcical) ICC Cricket World Cup final representative of the general quality of International Cricket?

My previous questions still stand:

Would you care to list all 200,000 teams eligible to play in the world cup qualifiers, and thus the finals?

Have you looked at the 2006 FA Cup final? Was this representative of the Premier League?

There are as many teams with the potential to play in the premiership, as there are the world cup. So your 2:10 vs 2:200,000 point is, well, pointless.

As for your comments that English Football needs to be more entertaining (again laughable still as it's from of a comment about one Cup Final game), please see the future as provided by Budweiser:

http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=25620

If you won't watch it, then the word you need is Soccertainment. That was the name of their spoof-ad campaign a couple of years ago. Would you like to see football end up like that?

How about no draws whatsoever, all league games ending with golden goal (like playground matches - next goal wins) or even penalty kicks to decide the result? The soccertainment answer was sudden death multiball.

There's something intrinsically Enlgish about watching a dour 0-0 draw in the pouring rain anda howling gale, then mooching to the pub afterwards to drink a few pints and bemoan how bad the game was. Somtimes the game is a secondary part of a day out with mates to a part of the country you've not been to before, for some banter with a bunch of farmers sons you're glad you are not one of. The dull games make the entertaining games so much more savourable. I guess this is something you just cannot understand.

I'm all for change in the game to bring about improvements (goal line technology etc), this in itself will make a game more entertaining, as it will remove the bitter taste of a goal that was or wasn't being ruled incorrectly - make the game seem fairer for the fans who feel it the most.

As I posted in the rule chnge thread, there is scope for change, even a new points system, and this is often discussed but not acted upon. Why? Beacuse to make sweeping changes to make the game more entertaining for a small minded minority, is just not necessary. Whilst ever demand for tickets to major games exceeds supply there is no need to beef up the entertainment value of this sport.

If you don't like it, you don't have to continue watch it, stick to Chess.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:15
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    pissed? do you want us to get pissed together? Is that what you are asking?!?!?!?!

OF COURSE, CARAMEL ICE CREAM!!! 😵
  9. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:15
    Originally posted by rhb
    Seitse:

I was using the logic you started this thread with to show how your argument is weak. My comparison was world cup finals as an indication of the quality of international football (my mistake for describing this as "world football" earlier). The fact is the two don't compare, and neither does the FA Cup final of this year with the entire Premier Legaue ...[text shortened]... sport.

Good grief man....Are you statto? 😴
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:16
    Good grief man....Are you statto? 😴
    No, I'm rhb. Are you stupid?
  11. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:16
    Originally posted by Seitse
    pissed? do you want us to get pissed together? Is that what you are asking?!?!?!?!

OF COURSE, CARAMEL ICE CREAM!!! 😵
    LOL, Seitse you are a shining star in this dark computer world !!!!!!😵😵😵😵😵😵
  12. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:17
    Originally posted by rhb
    No, I'm rhb. Are you stupid?
    Now,now....no need for childish insults.... have a hug...
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{rhb}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
  13. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:21
    Now,now....no need for childish insults.... have a hug...
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{rhb}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    You speak of childish insults, yet your response to my post was as insulting. I've wasted a good few minutes adressing all the points raised today whilst I've been away from the thread, and the first response is from a troll who isn't prepared to read more than a paragraph of text. This is why 1) I've not broken this paragraph & 2) I generally don't engage in debate on the web, as considered opinion is lost amongst punchy throw away one-liners.
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:23
    Originally posted by rhb
    You speak of childish insults, yet your response to my post was as insulting. I've wasted a good few minutes adressing all the points raised today whilst I've been away from the thread, and the first response is from a troll who isn't prepared to read more than a paragraph of text. This is why 1) I've not broken this paragraph & 2) I generally don't engage in debate on the web, as considered opinion is lost amongst punchy throw away one-liners.
    Oh rhb....why get het up with what people say....i respect your opinion...i may not agree but then wouldn't we all be boring if we were the same.... go outside and get some sunshine Junior !!!!!!
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:262 edits
    Originally posted by rhb
    Seitse:

I was using the logic you started this thread with to show how your argument is weak. My comparison was world cup finals as an indication of the quality of international football (my mistake for describing this as "world football" earlier). The fact is the two don't compare, and neither does the FA Cup final of this year with the entire Premier Legaue sport.

1. I definitively don't have your sense of humor, and viceversa.

2. I don't like (nor understand) cricket. But that's another thread.

3. The question escapes me, because you made in a satirical way... I thought you were trying to draw the same conclusions from an FA Cup final and a world cup final. I think it is different... moreover, because league cups are fantastic since it is not national teams, but teams with locals and foreigners in their best mixture (natural state, so to speak)

4. I saw the 2006 and beyond... I never said English football doesn't have some of the greatest matches I've seen... I only think that those fantastic matches are not representative of the whole enchilada, that's all.

5. I keep watching English footie because of those great matches... it gives me the feeling that I am searching for diamonds in the mud (plus: read below).

6. The rest is very interesting, because I sense some contradiction there... let me explain:

You say There's something intrinsically Enlgish about watching a dour 0-0 draw in the pouring rain (...) and bemoan how bad the game was

and then you say If you don't like it, you don't have to continue watch it, stick to Chess.

Who tells you that my thread and my opinion are not exactly that thing you are saying? Would you tell also to stick to chess to those guys in the pub? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree