1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:05
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Let me repeat. Again. Just for you.

And you have to be a pretty ignorant fan if you think FIFA ignores past refereeing mistakes when nominating referees so, again, accountability is different from demands for public apologies, regardless whether they'll be hypocritical or not.

Let's break this this down.

X: Individual thinks FIFA ignores past refereeing mistakes when nominating referees.
    Y: Individual is a non-fan
    Z: Individual is an ignorant fan

If X then X or Z.

Does X apply to you?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:07
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I'll kill all of you, do you hear me?

ALL OF YOU!

And Go Korea!
    Is this because Portugal hammered your lovely cousins from up North?
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:15
    Here. Let me answer:

http://www.rhp15.com/pictures/FacePunched2.gif
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:17
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Here. Let me answer:

http://www.rhp15.com/pictures/FacePunched2.gif
    But does X apply to you? 😛
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:30
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    My favorite is instant replay at a baseball game for a fan catching a foul ball.

There is a great one from Boston where the fan was minding his own business, missed the catch and for some reason a guy about 4 seats back threw his pizza at him. No one could figure out why.

Jerry Remmy, the guy who calls the games on NESN spent 3 minutes reviewing the ...[text shortened]... He may have also spilled his beer.

Perhaps THAT is what pissed the fan off so much.

P-
    lol baseball is quality.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:32
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Football refereeing is fine.
    we both know that isn't the case.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:34
    Originally posted by trev33
    we both know that isn't the case.
    When has it been better?
  8. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:39
    Let me repeat. Again. Just for you.

And you have to be a pretty ignorant fan if you think FIFA ignores past refereeing mistakes when nominating referees so, again, accountability is different from demands for public apologies, regardless whether they'll be hypocritical or not.

Let's break this this down.

X: Individual thinks FIFA ignores past ...[text shortened]... al is a non-fan
    Z: Individual is an ignorant fan

If X then X or Z.

Does X apply to you?
    A fan of Football or fan of Fifa?
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:40
    Originally posted by barstudd
    A fan of Football or fan of Fifa?
    Why is it called football when you can use the legs, torso and head to play it? Hmm? Hmm?
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:46
    Why is it called football when you can use the legs, torso and head to play it? Hmm? Hmm?
    The name pre-dates the rules.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:52
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    The name pre-dates the rules.
    So what this name naming if any game is defined by its rules?
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:55
    When has it been better?
    i don't know, never that i can remember. is the fact that it's always been mediocre to poor (especially at the world cup) a reason not to seek change?

i can only remember watching the past 3 world cups were i was also looking at the referees, each time there has been a few referees who simply were out of their depths, no where near good enough to referees the 'best players in the world'. i can only assume it was the same in previous world cups.

it's not so bad in the major leagues in europe and s. america, yeah you get bad decisions and fans complain but for the most part the referees are competent at their jobs. why fifa doesn't do its best to get the top referees from the top leagues in around the world at the world cup is beyond me. probably to gets votes in the next fifa presidential election.

you can not say that you've been happy with the refereeing at the world cup on a whole this year like fifa has came out publicly and said they are. clearly there needs to be some sort of refereeing table put in place over the 4 years prior to a world cup with the top 25 or whatever chosen to referee at the world cup, regardless of where they're from.

since technology doesn't seem to brought into football anytime soon to help referees i'd at least like to see only the top refs at the world cup.
  13. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 20:57
    that has nothing to do with the question...😕
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 21:11
    Originally posted by trev33
    i don't know, never that i can remember. is the fact that it's always been mediocre to poor (especially at the world cup) a reason not to seek change?

i can only remember watching the past 3 world cups were i was also looking at the referees, each time there has been a few referees who simply were out of their depths, no where near good enough to referees ...[text shortened]... ime soon to help referees i'd at least like to see only the top refs at the world cup.
    Why would FIFA say it's poor help in the middle of a tournament?

Experiments with officials behind the goals were already made this year at the Europa League. I think refereeing has been poorer this year than in 2006 but how is that FIFA's fault? Most of the top refs are in the World Cup. Which ones aren't?
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 21:39
    Why would FIFA say it's poor help in the middle of a tournament?

Experiments with officials behind the goals were already made this year at the Europa League. I think refereeing has been poorer this year than in 2006 but how is that FIFA's fault? Most of the top refs are in the World Cup. Which ones aren't?
    why would fifa come out and say they're happy with the refereeing of the tournament when clearly a blind man and his guide dog could’ve done a better job? it's worse than saying nothing at all. at least come out and say some refereeing has been below standard and those referees won't officiate in any knockout matches. it's what's going to happen anyway and coming out and saying it without naming any names would make everyone slightly happier.

had that ref been there during the ieland/france match... same goes for the world cup if a similar thing happens that an official behind the goal would’ve seen, but hey at least fifa have 'experimented with the idea of extra help', if they haven't actually made any changes for the world cup and it all goes horribly wrong who cares right? it' a 'human error' game after all 🙄 part of me hopes for another henry-esque innocent in the final that costs a team the world cup. maybe then fifa might actually look into changing things.

how is it not fifas’ fault if they've employed crap refs for the world cup? are you kidding me. apart from the spanish ref who was poor where have the other crap refs been from in the matches you've watched? it doesn't take a genius to work out what the problem is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree