1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 17:291 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    i can't see them winning it but i can see them getting to the semis. for me if they play spain or brazil before then they'll get knocked out (as will any team who plays them, best two teams in the world by far at the moment... and i for one hope they both reach the final) england lack a quality goalkeeper and maybe a world class skriker to win the world cup b to do well. i'm with you though i hope they (with france) get dumped out in the first round.
    Why dont you and Robbie get together , you could have a good game of "Subbuteo "!! You can get flood lights ,stands and a little fence to go around the pitch .
    You might have a problem squeezing money out of Robbie though ![coming from Scotland ] .
    I think, you can get a Irish team and Robbie can always get an Everton team to take the place of Scotland .
    Also if you ...cup .. your hands to your faces , you can make some good crowd noises !!!
    Mean while , i will sit in my nice chair surrounded by bottles of beer ,cheering on England !!!
    One thing Trev , you won't have the hand ball problem !!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 17:29
    i can't see them winning it but i can see them getting to the semis. for me if they play spain or brazil before then they'll get knocked out (as will any team who plays them, best two teams in the world by far at the moment... and i for one hope they both reach the final) england lack a quality goalkeeper and maybe a world class skriker to win the world cup b ...[text shortened]... to do well. i'm with you though i hope they (with france) get dumped out in the first round.
    what about Germany? what about Schweinsteiger, and Ballack? are the Germans not any good these days?
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 17:54
    It's starting! It's starting!

(I've just wet myself...)
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 18:00
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's starting! It's starting!

(I've just wet myself...)
    i shall be rooting for Portugal my friend, they play the kind of football that i like. i love it when they counter attack through the midfield, it is truly a joy to watch!
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 18:221 edit
    French lucky bast*rds. 😵
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 18:25

Nightmare draw:
    Portugal:
    US
    Ivory Coast
    Brazil
    lulz
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 18:26
    lulz
    😞
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 18:37
    😞
    pity one of those 3 won't be in the last 16... group a and b - 2 poor sides in the quarter final guaranteed.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 18:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what about Germany? what about Schweinsteiger, and Ballack? are the Germans not any good these days?
    you can never write off germany... never. tough group for them though.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 18:57
    group a and b - 2 poor sides in the quarter final guaranteed.
    Imagine if Group A had a poor team from pot 4. 😵
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 19:22
    Imagine if Group A had a poor team from pot 4. 😵
    they didn't? 😵 what have france done in the past 4 years? they're crap. out in the last 8 along with argentina (as long as they don't meet in the last 16)

tough one for spain, no one and then maybe portugal or brazil in the last 16.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 19:25
    they didn't? 😵 what have france done in the past 4 years? they're crap. out in the last 8 along with argentina (as long as they don't meet in the last 16)

tough one for spain, no one and then maybe portugal or brazil in the last 16.
    Compared to Slovakia?
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 19:262 edits
    Portugal to progress will also be a juicy bet. I think a lot of money will go to Brazil-IC progressing and the bookies will hedge. I think our first game is against Brazil. If we lose badly and Ivory Coast wins then I'll put some money on a Portugal-Brazil double to progress.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 19:391 edit
    Compared to Slovakia?
    meh, defeated the mighty norn' ireland didn't they? no doubt france have better players than most teams in pot 4 but they don't have a coach, i would rank denmark, serbia and portugal well above france. even with the other 4 europeans team in pot 4, if you play them you know you're playing against a team, not so with france.

to back up my point re domenech

France coach Raymond Domenech said his team are in a "tough group like the others". "We would have to win at least two games to qualify. It's never easy to play against the host team but it's our third game so by then we could be qualified," he tells Reuters, adding that there were "no so-called groups of death this time".

idiot.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 19:50
    Portugal to progress will also be a juicy bet. I think a lot of money will go to Brazil-IC progressing and the bookies will hedge. I think our first game is against Brazil. If we lose badly and Ivory Coast wins then I'll put some money on a Portugal-Brazil double to progress.
    your last game is brazil. might work out in your favor if you both just need a point to progress, funny how often those matches end up in draws.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree