FIFA under 20 WC

FIFA under 20 WC

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
09 Aug 11
2 edits

Originally posted by trev33
i'll take a double espresso but not from starbucks, thanks.
Starbucks or bust! Egypt are being robbed. Worst refereeing I've seen since the women's world cup. Luque has three dives, one yellow and twp PK's. Ref is a real sucker for acting! So far 1-1. One of my no brainers is correct and one of my doubters loses in controversial fashion. Terrible refereeing in the Argentina-Egypt match. That ref should never call an important match ever again!

s

Moves
10 Aug 11
1 edit

Three out of four is not bad for first knockout day, eh? Egypt was robbed like an old lady flashing money amongst a group of Argentinian thugs! That ref was an embarrassment to the sport!

Brazil vs Saudi Arabia ....Brazil
Spain vs South Korea .....Spain
Cameroon vs Mexico ......Mexico (Cameroon are tenacious and may upset MX) W
Colombia vs Costa Rica ..Colombia W
France vs Ecuador ......... Ecuador (France may pull this one out)
Nigeria vs England ......... Nigeria
Portugal vs Guatemala ... Portugal W
Argentina vs Egypt..........Egypt (doubter) L

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Aug 11

These refs were terrible.

s

Moves
10 Aug 11

Originally posted by Palynka
These refs were terrible.
Indeed not the only bad ref, but worst by far was the Swiss calling Argentina-Egypt. I cannot remember any match where all the goals were penalties outside a PKSO! Ever!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Aug 11
1 edit

I'm liking the odds on Korea, although it's a long shot. It's not that unlikely for a U-20 team to choke. I got 15:1 on a SK victory.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Aug 11

I'm liking the odds on Korea, although it's a long shot. It's not that unlikely for a U-20 team to choke. I got 15:1 on a SK victory.
Korea threatening more but not scoring. They have to take those chances if they're going to win.

s

Moves
10 Aug 11

Korea threatening more but not scoring. They have to take those chances if they're going to win.
Korea indeed does not seem at all afraid of Spain and may pull off the upset. They should stop thr rolling around business and take it to the Spaniards. Hopefully Spain pulls it off although I have nothing raiding on this game other than proving trev33 wrong!

Moves
10 Aug 11

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Korea indeed does not seem at all afraid of Spain and may pull off the upset. They should stop thr rolling around business and take it to the Spaniards. Hopefully Spain pulls it off although I have nothing raiding on this game other than proving trev33 wrong!
regardless of the rest of the results i think i've already proven there to be very few 'no brianers' in the knockout phase of at under 20 event. portugal only winning 1-0 and colombia just about winning in normal time with a 90th min pen coming from 2-1 down.

you might get your results but to say that they were 'no brainers' is unfair.

s

Moves
11 Aug 11
2 edits

regardless of the rest of the results i think i've already proven there to be very few 'no brianers' in the knockout phase of at under 20 event. portugal only winning 1-0 and colombia just about winning in normal time with a 90th min pen coming from 2-1 down.

you might get your results but to say that they were 'no brainers' is unfair.
For you to say that the score somehow invalidates my predictions is even more unfair and I see you are already backing off conceding you were wrong and I was right. Thus far of six matches I have predicted 5 right and one wrong. You said I'd get at most two right. Where's my Starbucks? Whether it happens in normal time, extra time, the bet is about W's versus L's. You also fail to admit Egypt was robbed! Today's results thus far: Spain 7-6 over Korea in PKSO. Nigeria 1-0 over England. If you maintain there are no brainers how come my predictions are 5-1? Sounds like no brainers to me indeed. I would be 100% were it not for the awful Swiss turd of a ref! Lastly, just because the lesser teams decide to play 10 players in the box, win with a lucky counterattack and or bank on a lucky dive to fool a stupid ref does not lessen the no brainer status of these games. Only upset win thus far is Argencheatia over Egypt!

s

Moves
11 Aug 11

Final tally: 6 right and two wrong. Let the record show that Ecuador was robbed. Clear off-sides and stupid linesman swallowed the flag and ref the whistle! Were it not for that I would have been 8 for 8! (counting Egyptian debacle by ref!)

d

Moves
11 Aug 11

I got all 8 right.

s

Moves
11 Aug 11

Originally posted by damionhonegan
I got all 8 right.
Of course! The two where there were blind refs! Congrats! You seem better at no brainers than I!

Moves
11 Aug 11

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
For you to say that the score somehow invalidates my predictions is even more unfair and I see you are already backing off conceding you were wrong and I was right. Thus far of six matches I have predicted 5 right and one wrong. You said I'd get at most two right. Where's my Starbucks? Whether it happens in normal time, extra time, the bet is about W's ...[text shortened]... n the no brainer status of these games. Only upset win thus far is Argencheatia over Egypt!
lol yes spain winning then they missed their third pen was a total no brainer 🙄

if you'd have just predicted the winners than fair enough, i'd say you got lucky in a couple of matches out of the five but you didn't, you said they were 'no brainers' where i'm from that means there is no doubt they're going to win. spain on pens and colombia 2-1 down winning with a 90th min pen is hardly a result in which there was zero doubt. not mentioning that portugal and nigeria only won 1-0. i watched the second half of the england game and they could've/should've forced extra time.

s

Moves
12 Aug 11

lol yes spain winning then they missed their third pen was a total no brainer 🙄

if you'd have just predicted the winners than fair enough, i'd say you got lucky in a couple of matches out of the five but you didn't, you said they were 'no brainers' where i'm from that means there is no doubt they're going to win. spain on pens and colombia 2-1 down winnin ...[text shortened]... ched the second half of the england game and they could've/should've forced extra time.
Bull! Pay up! England was listless and aimless. Again, just because they force a low scoring game by putting ten in the box does not negate the superiority of the winning side. You surely don't think Korea is as good as Spain? Saudi's drew 0-0 against Brazil in first half. Does that make them contenders? Eventually lost 3-0. Ecuador shouda won 3-0, but could not seem to buy a goal, like USA women versus Japan. You surely do not think Argentina, after being unable to score against Egypt without cheating, is a true contender? They shall get their comeupance. Essentially all the favorites won. Sounds like some rigging may have also been afoot and the Swiss turd's diving yellow against Luque was a cover for allowing the other two dives. Shoulda been a red after that second and obvious dive. I hope Argencheatia gets the same againt their next opponent.

I do concede that predicting quarterfinal winners is significantly harder than round of 16, but I'll give it a whack.

s

Moves
13 Aug 11
1 edit

Predicting winners in quarters is a lot harder than in round of 16, but here it goes.

Mexico over Colombia,
Portugal over Argentina,
Spain over Brazil
and Nigeria over France.