1. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 20:23
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Predicting winners in quarters is a lot harder than in round of 16, but here it goes.

Mexico over Colombia,
    Portugal over Argentina,
    Spain over Brazil
    and Nigeria over France.
    Mexico over Colombia
    Argentina over Portugal
    Brazil over Spain
    Nigeria over France
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 21:37
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    Mexico over Colombia
    Argentina over Portugal
    Brazil over Spain
    Nigeria over France
    Hope it's your turn to get a couple wrong. I'd hate to see Argenchetia advance! Dive specilaists!!!!!
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 01:01
    Hope it's your turn to get a couple wrong. I'd hate to see Argenchetia advance! Dive specilaists!!!!!
    DRAMA! 😀
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 03:46
    Two fer two! Argencheaters are gone, PTL! I hate cheaters! Mexico won easily over Colombia 3-1!
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 03:49
    Originally posted by Palynka
    DRAMA! 😀
    I told you Portugal were having themselves a quiet, but great tournament! I am so glad they beat Argencheaties! Football gods decreed that ARgentina should not yet beat Portugal as they never have in under 20 WC play! Congrats. I had faith, even with Portugal down two PK's that they'd pull it off!!!
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 02:21
    I told you Portugal were having themselves a quiet, but great tournament! I am so glad they beat Argencheaties! Football gods decreed that ARgentina should not yet beat Portugal as they never have in under 20 WC play! Congrats. I had faith, even with Portugal down two PK's that they'd pull it off!!!
    Now semis all set: Mexico-Brazil and France-Portugal.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 11:13
    Going out on a limb. Picking Mexico to beat Brazil and France to beat Portugal. In the end France has better offense and can be the first to score against Portugal. Mexico will be a tough opponent for Brazil.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 18:03
    Going out on a limb. Picking Mexico to beat Brazil and France to beat Portugal. In the end France has better offense and can be the first to score against Portugal. Mexico will be a tough opponent for Brazil.
    Our defense is unbreakable. 😛

I'm going for a 0-0 at 7-1.

France vs Brazil final, seems the most likely, although I think Portugal and Mexico both have a good chance of going through.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 23:00
    2-0 at half-time. Danilo has been superb the whole tournament. The team finally is playing like they can.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 00:021 edit
    Portugal in the final, France was just outclassed (pushing ball boys, punched one of our players, ...).

In the final I'll keep saying the other team is marginally favourite not to jinx it. 😉
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 11:43
    2-0 at half-time. Danilo has been superb the whole tournament. The team finally is playing like they can.
    I picked against Portugal for the first time and glad I was wrong. Their goaless minutes allowed record may never be broken. They played one of the best defensive games I've ever seen. It was not destructive, just effective, surgical and incisive! I agree Brazil is probably a marginal favorite. However, I'll always go with defense over offense in any sport. Portugal remaining inviolate in their goal for the entire tourney now a real possibility. Statistically odds are in favor of this!

Congrats, Palynka! I told you they were quietly having an awesome performance. Compare to Mesico's against Brazil. I don't think Mexico came to play, but to destroy. I firmly believe they were flapping their arms around to hit Brazilians and make it seem accidental. The play where Brazil GK got kicked in the face was done to intimidate. In the end mexico showed no character, less football and the result was a loss. Brazil will have their hands full with Portugal if they had trouble with Mexico's slower defense!
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 03:41
    Congratulations to Brazil. Valiant, hard earned win over a scrappy Portugal that failed to believe in themselves as much as I believed in them. Certainly have nothing to hange their heads for, but the win was within reach and they did not strecth out to grab it. 3-2 Brazil final score!
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 11:33
    :'(

Our boys did us proud, if our A team played with the heart that these kids did then we might actually have a chance of winning something.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 12:56
    :'(

Our boys did us proud, if our A team played with the heart that these kids did then we might actually have a chance of winning something.
    Indeed they had themselves a wonderful tourney and have nothing to hang their heads about. If many adult teams played like these kids we'd have better results. I am still convinced Spain was the better side in the tournament. Lots of talent was on display by the final eight teams. My favorites: Lamela, Oliveira, Oscar, Mika, Edson Rivero, Enriquez, LaCazzette, the entire Portugal defense, Spain's midfield, so many budding players. Football's future looks bright indeed!
  15. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 03:15
    Congrats Brazil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree