Football world cup

Football world cup

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Jul 18
1 edit

I commented that Wolfe PRESUMABLY wasn't from the UK. Every one of my posts to him have been sports related, on the theme of the title of this thread.

Baseball? Never saw the point of it. We call it 'rounders' over here. (If You want to start a discussion based on that jokey retort, please start another thread)

I notice that you didn't express an opinion on the France/Belgium game. What is YOUR prediction? Or, as I strongly suspect, don't you have a clue?

Moves
10 Jul 18

I'm bored of Duchess' posts. She's just not that interesting.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
10 Jul 18

Predictions have become really difficult now. each of the Teams can be the Champion at the end. I think that Belgium will make the finals today.

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @ponderable
Predictions have become really difficult now. each of the Teams can be the Champion at the end. I think that Belgium will make the finals today.
I hate to admit it, but they've definitely looked like the most dominant side throughout this tournament.

The 20 minute barrage at the end of the game against Japan was an incredible feat.

Having said that, I still hope to see England beating France in the final. 🙂

st johnstone

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
Hey, Roma. How is the chip doing on that shoulder!

Thanks for the very veiled compliment, in your last 2 posts, somewhere.

I see 'Trev' has gone quiet, but you know I complimented your lad on 2 fantastic free kick vs England a year ago in that qualification game.

Don't think we will win it, but nice to be there until the end.
I think some of the none UK posters don't really understand the term football banter.
I was actually happy to see England beating those cheating dirty Colombians but in true banter I turn it round at least you have the sense to see it's not racist wishing a rival not to win.
I am on holiday on south Ireland just now no one is really bothered of England win same in Scotland that would have been different 30 years ago.
Nearly every one has two teams nowadays..
I have been to more man Utd games than saints games in the last year.
Walk about all you see is Liverpool man u Chelsea Barcelona real Madrid plus many others worn across Scotland with the odd English top. Got a few english mates.
I made a stupid bet with him so for personal reasons I hope England get humped....😀
If you beat Croatia I will applaud England but I honestly think you will lose 2-0 but at least you had a good exciting tournament Scotland stayed at home again....😉

Moves
10 Jul 18

Roma - one thing I was 100% certain you were 'pulling my leg' about was the attitude/beating of the dirty Colombians (not a racist comment about their (clear!) lack of personal hygiene, but a comment on their football tactics)

I think our standards regarding sportsmanship are fairly equal.

Enjoy Oirland, I always found them welcoming and fantastic company (especially after a few pints of the 'black stuff'

Did you know - Colombia won the 'fair play' award in last WC? Go figure!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @wolfe63
I'm bored of Duchess' posts. She's just not that interesting.
Hear hear !

She's just awful to everyone while thinking that vicariously suffering through the words of others makes her somehow right and intelligent .
Its as if she cant express any positive or creative thoughts of her own but then assumes she is justified in labelling others. She bares no responsibility for her lot in life . She always blames others without ever trying to help the situation .

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
Roma - one thing I was 100% certain you were 'pulling my leg' about was the attitude/beating of the dirty Colombians (not a racist comment about their (clear!) lack of personal hygiene, but a comment on their football tactics)

I think our standards regarding sportsmanship are fairly equal.

Enjoy Oirland, I always found them welcoming and f ...[text shortened]... of the 'black stuff'

Did you know - Colombia won the 'fair play' award in last WC? Go figure!
No way, they kicked neymar out of the last world cup, poor neymar.

England were just as bad the other night, can't believe there wasn't a red card.

Moves
10 Jul 18

the other 'night'

so you cant mean Sweden?

you must mean the Colombia game? WE were dirty in that? Now I KNOW you are taking the p$ss !!

D

Moves
10 Jul 18
2 edits

Moves
10 Jul 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Uhhhhm....I'm pretty sure I was talking about football in this thread before I was rudely interrupted. But, that's ok. I'm used to Duchess64s obnoxious behaviors.

Like an attention starved child, behaving badly.

Moves
10 Jul 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I think the appropriate word here is 'some'. That will not be a big 'some'. It is not a sport generally appreciated over here.

How sad that D64 has cuckood this thread to just, well, rant, when a WC semi final has been closely won by France v Belgium.

As I predicted!!

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
Uhhhhm....I'm pretty sure I was talking about football in this thread before I was rudely interrupted. But, that's ok. I'm used to Duchess64s obnoxious behaviors.

Like an attention starved child, behaving badly.
You were, my friend.

We all were.

Until a certain poster started trolling the thread

D

Moves
10 Jul 18

D

Moves
10 Jul 18
1 edit