1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Sep '11 23:17
    Walk off home run for Brandon Inge! Tigers win their 8th in a row, 3-2 over the Twins.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 22:03
    Nine in a row, 2-1 over the Twins. Fister pitches another gem. That's three consecutive series sweeps.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 00:47
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Nine in a row, 2-1 over the Twins. Fister pitches another gem. That's three consecutive series sweeps.
    Great work. Now let's see if they can do it when it counts against the top tier opponents.

Then you can call them invincible.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 01:14
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Great work. Now let's see if they can do it when it counts against the top tier opponents.

Then you can call them invincible.
    Oh, you'll see. You'll see! When you're a broken and withered old man, you'll look back ruefully on this thread with a tear in your eye and you'll say to yourself, "Why, oh why did I ever doubt rwingett's Tigers back in '11? What a fool I was!"
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 01:26
    Oh, you'll see. You'll see! When you're a broken and withered old man, you'll look back ruefully on this thread with a tear in your eye and you'll say to yourself, "Why, oh why did I ever doubt rwingett's Tigers back in '11? What a fool I was!"
    No, instead I'll bank on my experience and say we'll see what happens.

Then we'll see who was closer to accurate.

Because they are your team, for your sake, I hope they win.

I am merely basing my projections on what I believe to be true.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 02:27
    No, instead I'll bank on my experience and say we'll see what happens.

Then we'll see who was closer to accurate.

Because they are your team, for your sake, I hope they win.

I am merely basing my projections on what I believe to be true.
    You must have faith, shortcircuit. Faith! The holy grail of a World Series trophy will not be awarded to those who sit back and weigh their odds. It will only be awarded to those who prostrate themselves before Jim Leyland and shout out, "I believe!"
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 04:59
    You must have faith, shortcircuit. Faith! The holy grail of a World Series trophy will not be awarded to those who sit back and weigh their odds. It will only be awarded to those who prostrate themselves before Jim Leyland and shout out, "I believe!"
    I told you I am a fan of Leyland and always have liked him.
    He is a descendant of Chuck Tanner who was a great one as well.

But, smoke and mirrors don't win the grail.
    I believe in Phillie they are shouting the same about Charlie Manuel.
    In Boston about Terry Francona.
    In NY about Joe Girardi.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 18:241 edit
    Edit:
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 21:45
    Edit:
    Well, that was a well thought out response that I can agree with. 😛😉
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 02:12
    Tigers are beating Chicago 14-2, in Chicago. That'll be ten in a row. When are you going to admit that the Tigers are the best team of all time?
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 11:42
    So let's take stock, shall we? We see that the Tigers routed the White Sox 14-4, while the Phillies lost to the Astros (the worst team in baseball) 5-1.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 14:52
    So let's take stock, shall we? We see that the Tigers routed the White Sox 14-4, while the Phillies lost to the Astros (the worst team in baseball) 5-1.
    Look at the overall records....the Tigers are OVER 10 games BEHIND the Phillies.

Who has the best record in baseball for the ENTIRE season, not just one month?
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 15:401 edit
    Look at the overall records....the Tigers are OVER 10 games [b]BEHIND the Phillies.

Who has the best record in baseball for the ENTIRE season, not just one month?[/b]
    The ENTIRE season is utterly irrelevant. The Tigers are not the same team that took the field in May. As I continue to repeatedly point out, we have been substantially transformed by our late season acquisitions. The addition of Fister, Young and Betemit have made us a DIFFERENT team. What happened before then may as well have been last season for all the relevance it has to events going forward.

Since Aug. 1st, the Tigers have a 27-11 record. The Phillies have gone 26-11 during that same time. Sounds like a toss up to me.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 20:07
    The [b]ENTIRE season is utterly irrelevant. The Tigers are not the same team that took the field in May. As I continue to repeatedly point out, we have been substantially transformed by our late season acquisitions. The addition of Fister, Young and Betemit have made us a DIFFERENT team. What happened before then may as well have been last season for al ...[text shortened]... a 27-11 record. The Phillies have gone 26-11 during that same time. Sounds like a toss up to me.[/b]
    Tell you what. I'll take the Phils even up with the Tigers for as much as you care to wager. With virtually identical records for the last month, you should be snapping that baby up.
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 03:39
    Tell you what. I'll take the Phils even up with the Tigers for as much as you care to wager. With virtually identical records for the last month, you should be snapping that baby up.
    Well, let's see...the Tigers just shut out the White Sox, 5-0. They get their 11th in a row, and Verlander gets his 23rd win (also his 11th in a row). And the Phillies? It seems they lost to the worst team in baseball. Again. That's their third loss in a row.

So if the Tigers meet up in the Series with the Phillies, I'll take that bet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree