1. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    02 May '07 13:08
    So Watford's playing in the Championship next season. Who's joining them? I think Wigan and Charlton, with West Ham barely surviving.
  2. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 May '07 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    So Watford's playing in the Championship next season. Who's joining them? I think Wigan and Charlton, with West Ham barely surviving.
    I hope Fulham after the way they treated Chris Coleman. I also don't have much affection for the West Ham new owners, as soon as they came in they shipped Alan Pardew out. Two of the nicest blokes in management at this time. Just hope the Addicks can stay up, doesn’t look good though!
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    02 May '07 13:19
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    I hope Fulham after the way they treated Chris Coleman. I also don't have much affection for the West Ham new owners, as soon as they came in they shipped Alan Pardew out. Two of the nicest blokes in management at this time. Just hope the Addicks can stay up, doesn’t look good though!
    Yep....fulham can take my teams place !!!!
  4. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    02 May '07 13:201 edit
    Agreed about West Ham. I think Jewell's got a point about their recent infraction, too. I don't want to see Wigan go down, because I think Jewell's done some nice things there, and I'd hate to see them become a yo-yo squad like Palace.

And I don't want to make any Black Cats fans irate, but after last year's performance, Sunderland deserve a three year ban from the top flight, regardless of their performance in the Championship. 😀
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 May '07 14:14
    Looking at the remaining games:

Charlton have to play Liverpool and Spurs
    West Ham play Bolton and Manchester United.
    Wigan play Middlesboro and Sheffield United
    Fulham have Liverpool and 'boro

Liverpool are going to want to hold onto 3rd place - but their main target is the Champions League final which might benefit Charlton as Rafa's not going to want to risk anyone. If Charlton lose to Spurs, who are chasing a UEFA cup place, they can forget it.

I can't see West Ham getting anything against Manchester or Bolton (unless Sam Alardyce's departure unsettles them).

Wigan have the easiest run in.

I think that Charlton have had it. West Ham are significantly more likely to go down than Fulham, since even if West Ham steal a point and Fulham lose both their games goal difference will probably still leave Fulham ahead. Wigan will probably stay up - Jewel kept Bradford up by denying us (Liverpool) champions league football on the last day of the season in the 99-2000 season - and, unlike the others have two winnable games.
  6. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    02 May '07 14:30
    Nice analysis, Deep. And difficult to argue against. Wigan's poor run of form is what has me tabbing them. It seems like they're dispirited and can't catch a break. Now, de Zeeuw (sp?) may be finished. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong about them, though.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 May '07 14:31
    Bang on! I'd have liked to see Sheffield Utd going down with Fulham and Watford. But it looks like we'll have to endure at least another season of Warnock talking his special brand of bollards.
  8. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    02 May '07 14:41
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    i think you may be right with your choices of downs and ups there.

but im not to sure about the previous comment on how nice certain managers are. it is as we all know a money spinner and not a gentlemans game as we used to know it.
  9. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 May '07 15:30
    Originally posted by silly mctall
    i think you may be right with your choices of downs and ups there.

but im not to sure about the previous comment on how nice certain managers are. it is as we all know a money spinner and not a gentlemans game as we used to know it.
    there is always room for gents in sport. The money spinners yeah there is plenty of them in football and all sports, but its the characters and the gentlemen (and women) of sport that beyond the sport itself make it great to support and follow.
  10. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    02 May '07 15:55
    there is always room for gents in sport. The money spinners yeah there is plenty of them in football and all sports, but its the characters and the gentlemen (and women) of sport that beyond the sport itself make it great to support and follow.
    dont get me wrong i am a Chelsea fan but still believe that their is certain players that are taking complete advantage of the fact that they recognised as being great players yet do not perform because it doesnt matter to them, they still get paid.

if the pay were to be performance based as are so may employees in different jobs then i do believe that the game would be alot more exciting and enjoyable.

with regards to the comments that i have been reading regarding mclarren. the only way he was ever going to get into the limelight as the national boss was to m,ake a massive move hence dropping beckham.

why would you want to pull the plug on one of the best delivering right (and his left wasnt too bad either) foot in the world.
    with dropping him i think there is no way we are ever going to get behind defences by trying to run through them.
    he is the player we need back in the team to produce the miracle and to gel the spirit back into the squad. would any one else agree that John Terry should stay as skipper and let DB play his natural game without all the pressure?
  11. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    02 May '07 16:21
    This is probably straying off topic a bit, but that's an excellent point. Take it from a Yank who far too often has seen professional athletes ignore the fans (or even treat them with outright contempt). It's very refreshing to see a player applaud the fans as he leaves the pitch. It's a little thing, but it goes a long way.
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    03 May '07 11:17
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Bang on! I'd have liked to see Sheffield Utd going down with Fulham and Watford. But it looks like we'll have to endure at least another season of Warnock talking his special brand of bollards.
    Give over.... Managers like Warnock keep the game from being sterile.
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 May '07 11:45
    Originally posted by blade68
    Give over.... Managers like Warnock keep the game from being sterile.
    Blade, I've nothing against the players or fans but your manager's an ass. He's as one eyed as Wenger and as belligerent as Mourinho.

Oh, and his hair looks like a toupee.
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 May '07 09:26
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Blade, I've nothing against the players or fans but your manager's an ass. He's as one eyed as Wenger and as belligerent as Mourinho.

Oh, and his hair looks like a toupee.
    Entertaining though! Love him or hate him, he's good viewing....
  15. Swansea
    Moves
    05 May '07 10:12
    Originally posted by blade68
    Entertaining though! Love him or hate him, he's good viewing....
    Spot on mate! Thats why I want you guys to stay up!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree