1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    13 Jun '11 12:22
    Well, if you do... er... no, forget it.

    Mexico will win it, of course.
  2. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    23277
    14 Jun '11 03:38
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Well, if you do... er... no, forget it.

    Mexico will win it, of course.
    Whom do you think will meet them in the final?
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    14 Jun '11 06:38
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    Whom do you think will meet them in the final?
    The U.S. as usual.

    What do you think?
  4. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    23277
    14 Jun '11 18:59
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The U.S. as usual.

    What do you think?
    The US team isn't playing well so I don't think they will make the final.
  5. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    23277
    15 Jun '11 03:19
    Quarterfinal Lineup:
    Costa Rica vs Honduras
    Mexico vs Guatemala
    Jamaica vs USA
    Panama vs El Salvador
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10260
    15 Jun '11 03:26
    panama for the gold
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    15 Jun '11 06:211 edit
    The tournament is always geared towards Mexico and the US
    facing each other in the final. That's where the business is.

    I think the US is solid, though. Not as in previous years but a
    side to be reckoned with. I wonder what the future will be
    once Donovan retires.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    17 Jun '11 01:57
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The tournament is always geared towards Mexico and the US
    facing each other in the final. That's where the business is.

    I think the US is solid, though. Not as in previous years but a
    side to be reckoned with. I wonder what the future will be
    once Donovan retires.
    I agree it will be USA-Mexico in the final. The other teams are not impressive and even Panama was unconvincing in beating USA.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10260
    17 Jun '11 02:14
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I agree it will be USA-Mexico in the final. The other teams are not impressive and even Panama was unconvincing in beating USA.
    they didn't have to be, usa suck. go panama 😛
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    17 Jun '11 11:24
    Originally posted by trev33
    they didn't have to be, usa suck. go panama 😛
    Panama was lucky. I doubt many more goals will be missed like USA did against Panama. Piddly tournament anyway. USA not playing their best football yet.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6873
    17 Jun '11 14:47
    Originally posted by trev33
    panama for the gold
    It would be amusing if the final were Jamaica - Panama, right enough. But it'll probably be Mexico - USA. Again.

    Richard
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    17 Jun '11 16:28
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    It would be amusing if the final were Jamaica - Panama, right enough. But it'll probably be Mexico - USA. Again.

    Richard
    Anything is possible. Mexico isn't exactly great right now and tends to wilt under the spotlight. Jamaica plays good football and is a stronger opponent than Panama so USA has their hands full. If they can overcome the early match doldrums that seems like their modus operandi since the WC then they should take care of business.
  13. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Joined
    26 Mar '08
    Moves
    74043
    18 Jun '11 00:41
    Bob Bradley is sucking big time. He hasn't gotten much better since the World Cup so that is hardly inspiring. The players have been playing without heart and without determination. Panama has a decent team, but they really shouldn't be able to outplay us the way they did.

    I'm not feeling very confident that we'll beat Jamaica...and credit to Jamaica, they have a solid team.

    Mexico should win the cup. I'll be shocked if they don't.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    18 Jun '11 11:16
    Originally posted by MrHand
    Bob Bradley is sucking big time. He hasn't gotten much better since the World Cup so that is hardly inspiring. The players have been playing without heart and without determination. Panama has a decent team, but they really shouldn't be able to outplay us the way they did.

    I'm not feeling very confident that we'll beat Jamaica...and credit to Jamaica, they have a solid team.

    Mexico should win the cup. I'll be shocked if they don't.
    USA tends to stiffen in latter rounds of these piddly tourneys. I would not count them out just yet. Coach Bradley will not be on the pitch, so we'll see how it goes. I have greater confidence in them if they play how they did 2nd half against Panama. Just need to finsih opportunities.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    19 Jun '11 21:04
    USA 2 Jamaica 0. As expected. Mexico got away with one last night. Their first goal was a clear foul and should have been whistled and/or disallowed. That one game makes the game fixing allegations seem real. USA also got away with one with the sendoff of Jaimaican player, but that one clearly looked like ref error. In real time it looked like a foul.
Back to Top