1. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    2670
    27 Sep '07 07:52
    oh dear Man U went out of the Carling cup last night!!! i dont care what people say about it it is still a trophey and if a Man U fan says to me that its only a mickey mouse cup its bull. they would have loved to go through last night but got beaten by the better side!
  2. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    211774
    27 Sep '07 07:58
    Shame
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    64027
    27 Sep '07 09:512 edits
    More to the point, it was a loss at home to a championship side and now they're out of the competition. The following all played - Kuszczak, Brown 45 min, Carrick 34 min, Pique, Nani, O'Shea, Eagles, Dong, Anderson. All of which Coventry would be delighted to have on their books.

    Looks like Utd will have to keep buying big as the Beckham, Scholes, Nevilles & Butt year at the academy was a blip in an otherwise unproductive set up.
  4. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    117389
    27 Sep '07 10:21
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    More to the point, it was a loss at home to a championship side and now they're out of the competition. The following all played - Kuszczak, Brown 45 min, Carrick 34 min, Pique, Nani, O'Shea, Eagles, Dong, Anderson. All of which Coventry would be delighted to have on their books.

    Looks like Utd will have to keep buying big as the Beckham, Scholes, Nevilles & Butt year at the academy was a blip in an otherwise unproductive set up.
    There's only one side in the country that can play their kids and still win at a stroll.... Man Utd seem to be 2nd best on a number of fronts at the moment... Including their Pie's!!!!! he he
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    27 Sep '07 10:49
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=77840&page=1
  6. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    27 Sep '07 13:38
    Originally posted by silly mctall
    oh dear Man U went out of the Carling cup last night!!! i dont care what people say about it it is still a trophey and if a Man U fan says to me that its only a mickey mouse cup its bull. they would have loved to go through last night but got beaten by the better side!
    Wheres Rooney Was Once a Blue or whateverhisname is now😵😵😵
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    36332
    27 Sep '07 19:41
    Originally posted by rhb
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=77840&page=1
    Thread 77840
  8. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    30 Sep '07 06:44
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Wheres Rooney Was Once a Blue or whateverhisname is now😵😵😵
    Sitting quite nicely in 2nd place in the league, 5 wins in a row.
    Got some difficut games out of the way:-
    - Birmingham away
    - Everton away
    - Man City away
    - Chelsea home
    - Porstmouth away

    Had some of easy games too, pity we couldn't score against Reading:-
    - Sunderland home
    - Tottenham home
    - Reading home

    5 points clear of Chelsea, got Arsenal on 3rd November.
    We'll probably go top after that game.
    Premiership looks like it could be a done deal already, even after our worse start in 16 years.

    Thank god we got to play Spurs early, we needed a real easy game to get our confidence back.
  9. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    30 Sep '07 07:111 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    More to the point, it was a loss at home to a championship side and now they're out of the competition. The following all played - Kuszczak, Brown 45 min, Carrick 34 min, Pique, Nani, O'Shea, Eagles, Dong, Anderson. All of which Coventry would be delighted to have on their books.

    Looks like Utd will have to keep buying big as the Beckham, Scholes, Nevilles & Butt year at the academy was a blip in an otherwise unproductive set up.
    blip?

    What about:-
    -Brown
    -O'Shea
    -Ben Foster, oh yes him
    -Flecher
    -Richardson sold for about 6m
    -Rossi sold for about 7m

    We have Pique, Eagles and Evans breaking through from the reserve team.
    We have regulally sold on players for 2m+ from the youth team:-
    - Greening, Wallwork, Healy, Higginbottom, Chadwick

    So thats AFTER the Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Butt, Neville(s) era.....

    How does that compare to Liverpool?
    They had Owen, Gerrard, Carra (lol) era

    That was followed by, erm.......

    50+ signings by Rafa alone and only maybe 2 or 3 of them any good
    -Vonorin seems quite good
    -Torres seems very good, have a feeling though he may be one of those players that doesn't score for 4 games then puts 2 past Derby or scores 3 in the Carling Cup

    The rest of Rafa's buys don't make the grade, you won't ever win the Premiership with players like Kuyt, Alonso and Crouch

    And you have a long list of players that were bought for a lot and sold on for little:-

    I think the Manchester United buy/sell/youth policy is working just fine.

    To summerize:
    - Premier League Champions for the ninth time
    - Christiano Ronaldo
    - Wayne 'Wazza' Rooney, a scouse legend

    Enough said.
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    64027
    30 Sep '07 11:34
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    blip?

    What about:-
    -Brown
    -O'Shea
    -Ben Foster, oh yes him
    -Flecher
    -Richardson sold for about 6m
    -Rossi sold for about 7m
    .
    What about them? Foster aside not one of them would get a game at Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.

    O'Shea? Hahahahahahaaaaa ... You're a funny guy alright!
  11. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    30 Sep '07 21:36
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    What about them? Foster aside not one of them would get a game at Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.

    O'Shea? Hahahahahahaaaaa ... You're a funny guy alright!
    I'm comparing our second crop of youth team players that have made it into the main squad.

    Brown, o'Shea, Fletcher, Foster, Richardson, Rossi
    All very valuable squad players, all internationals.
    In addition like I said we continually sell 1 or 2 players a year for anything from 1 to 5 million from the youth team.
    In particular Brown has done a great job while Neville has been out for half a year.
    And like you said Foster looks like true class.

    Our system has continued to produce, your post claimed it had not.

    What has Liverpools youth system produced in recent times?

    You seem to ridicule Manchester Uniteds youth development program.
    It appears to me to be working well.

    How about your own teams, what has Liverpools produced in recent times?
    All I know about Liverpools youth program is that you've just fired some foreign trainer who was supposed to be quite good.

    In addition to our sucessful youth program.
    Manchester United also buy potenital like Ronaldo age 18 and turn them into some of the best players in the world.

    Answer the question, what youth players have Liverpool developed over the last 5 or 6 years?
  12. where angels play
    Joined
    05 May '06
    Moves
    12683
    01 Oct '07 08:25
    But the point still stands. Only one of those players has true potential and he most defiantly is not a product of your youth system.
  13. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    50620
    01 Oct '07 11:39
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

    -Torres seems very good, have a feeling though he may be one of those players that doesn't score for 4 games then puts 2 past Derby or scores 3 in the Carling Cup

    The rest of Rafa's buys don't make the grade, you won't ever win the Premiership with players like Kuyt, Alonso and Crouch

    I would have to disagree with you there, Kuyt and Crouch are very good squad players, Alonso one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.

    Torres is excellent but they did pay 27million for him!

    p.s. Im a southern Man U fan and hate Liverpool. Just wait for Rooney to catch fire (...and he will) 😉
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    17944
    01 Oct '07 12:19
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

    The rest of Rafa's buys don't make the grade, you won't ever win the Premiership with players like

    Alonso
    alonso?

    he would walk into any team in the prem.

    hhmmm carrick or alonso?

    want to talk about over rated players in the prem?

    first one on the list - wayne rooney

    3 decent game in euro 04 and a screamer against arsenal and he's better than pele.
  15. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    50620
    01 Oct '07 14:16
    Originally posted by trevor33
    alonso?

    he would walk into any team in the prem.

    hhmmm carrick or alonso?

    want to talk about over rated players in the prem?

    first one on the list - wayne rooney

    3 decent game in euro 04 and a screamer against arsenal and he's better than pele.
    Wayne Rooney is definitely not overrated.

    He has played a lot more than 4 good games and I have never heard of him being compared to Pele.
Back to Top