I wish Notre Dame were stronger

I wish Notre Dame were stronger

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

q

Moves
29 Aug 09

I never said that Notre Dame needs to be a conference to win a National Championship. I said that it might help them make sure ND play good teams (not teams like MIchigan which finished 4th in their conference and then have ND fans pretend that they beat a good team). Michigan in 1993 lost so many games that they went from #3 to unranked.

Florida State played a better schedule than NDin 1993; then they played a better bowl game and won.
I also showed that in 1993 Notre Dame played bad teams who had bad years. When you play 5 teams with 4 or fewer wins then week in week out you are laying trash.

There is no team in any sport that has as much control of their schedule as Notre Dame. Notre Dame can get in any venue to play a game; they have no conference limitations; they can get into bowl games with inferior records because of who they are. ND CHOOSES to play these terribe teams. Florida State had a tougher schedule; capped it off by beating a better team in bowl game and then won the
National Championship. It is time for Notre Dame fans to stop crying about 1993. ND was the second best team and finished #2.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by quackquack
I never said that Notre Dame needs to be a conference to win a National Championship. I said that it might help them make sure ND play good teams (not teams like MIchigan which finished 4th in their conference and then have ND fans pretend that they beat a good team). Michigan in 1993 lost so many games that they went from #3 to unranked.

Florida S ...[text shortened]... ime for Notre Dame fans to stop crying about 1993. ND was the second best team and finished #2.
You're a nasty little piece of work, aren't you?

Michigan finished ranked #19 in the final USA Today and #21 in the final AP Poll 1993 (http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/polls_1936_present_g.html); maybe you should make a tiny effort to get your facts straight. FSU played in a better bowl game because they were anointed to, not because they earned it. If you can't beat your closest competition, you've given up the right to claim you are better than them. In the NFL, ND would have had the tiebreaker and advanced (a point you absolutely refuse to respond to). That's the logical result when the "second best team" plays one game against the "best team" and beats them.

That's enough bickering with someone who has no interest in the facts.

EDIT: Oddly and unfairly enough, the same thing happened in 2000 when FSU went to the national championship game even though it had lost to Miami and Miami only had one loss.

q

Moves
29 Aug 09

It is you who has no interest in the facts, Michigan did fall out of the top 25 in 1993. They certainly were not the #3 team in the nation as you described them. Notre Dame played Michigan early in the year when they were especially bad and only re-entered the top 25 when they had there two best wins. The last game of the season and in their bowl game.
Florida State played three games against top 5 teams that year (which is insanely difficult) and lost one. Notre Dame played 5 teams that won 4 or fewer games. The schedules are just not even close. You can talk about head to head all day long-- it is just one win in a long season. There is not a playoff; Notre Dame had the weaker schedule; the voters got it right and I hope your crying 16 years later for a correct decision in very amusing so please write back soon.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Sep 09

It is you who has no interest in the facts, Michigan did fall out of the top 25 in 1993. They certainly were not the #3 team in the nation as you described them. Notre Dame played Michigan early in the year when they were especially bad and only re-entered the top 25 when they had there two best wins. The last game of the season and in their bowl game. ...[text shortened]... ope your crying 16 years later for a correct decision in very amusing so please write back soon.
"Garbage" Navy almost knocked off #6 Ohio State in Columbus.

E

Moves
06 Sep 09

Yes, and Ohio State has issues. Navy is a good team, but they are not a top 15 team. Ohio State has the name and plays in a weak conference, so their rating gets inflated.

q

Moves
06 Sep 09

I think you can't always know what you after just one week.
Navy played well but the comback was completly driven by Ohio State falling asleep at the switch.
Notre Dame looked really good, but their opponent looked terrible.
I would be shocked if Oklahoma lost 5 games. BYU could be really good.

w

Moves
06 Sep 09

All I know is that ND better have a good game next week against Michigan. Go ND!!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by Eladar
Yes, and Ohio State has issues. Navy is a good team, but they are not a top 15 team. Ohio State has the name and plays in a weak conference, so their rating gets inflated.
I agree with everything you said; I just don't agree with QQ's assessment that Navy is "garbage".

q

Moves
07 Sep 09

I never said Navy was garbage although the main reason Notre Dame beat them every year form the early 60s until last year is that they simply do not have the type of players that Notre Dame has. They started playing every year when Navy was a powerhouse. Navy no longer is I just think you have to question a schedule that insists on playing them each year but refuses to join a conference.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Sep 09

I never said Navy was garbage although the main reason Notre Dame beat them every year form the early 60s until last year is that they simply do not have the type of players that Notre Dame has. They started playing every year when Navy was a powerhouse. Navy no longer is I just think you have to question a schedule that insists on playing them each year but refuses to join a conference.
Page 1:

They [Notre Dame] schedule garbage like the military forces

q

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by no1marauder
Page 1:

They [Notre Dame] schedule garbage like the military forces
It seems like Notre Dame's trend is the wrong way when Big 10 schools added a traditional power house like Penn State; the ACC added Big East teams and Notre Dame makes sure it plays Navy each year.

w

Moves
08 Sep 09

I agree with everything you said; I just don't agree with QQ's assessment that Navy is "garbage".
I agree with marauder!! 😲

In fact, I predict a bowl appearance by them this year.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Sep 09
2 edits

It seems like Notre Dame's trend is the wrong way when Big 10 schools added a traditional power house like Penn State; the ACC added Big East teams and Notre Dame makes sure it plays Navy each year.
Your trend of being a liar remains intact. The ACC played and lost to two non-Division I teams last week. At least ND doesn't play Charleston. And the traditional best Big Ten team just played Navy, nitwit.

q

Moves
08 Sep 09

Your trend of being a liar remains intact. The ACC played and lost to two non-Division I teams last week. At least ND doesn't play Charleston. And the traditional best Big Ten team just played Navy, nitwit.
I will assume your rude remarks are your way of admitting you are wrong. Ohio State opens up against Navy. I does not play Navy instead of conference games and it does not make sure they play Navy every year until the end of time. Ohio State and every other school also does not complain about getting cheated out of its divine right to win a championship 16 years ago when the correct team won.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
08 Sep 09

Are you championing BYU for the national title this year? Or will it be Boise State? Maybe the Rainbows found another QB.