1. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 21:51
    A policeman was killed in the Sicilly derby tonight. What is best best way to cure football hooliganism?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 23:13
    Originally posted by invigorate
    A policeman was killed in the Sicilly derby tonight. What is best best way to cure football hooliganism?
    it is a sport for hooligans
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 10:061 edit
    [CENSORED]
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 10:32
    Originally posted by Seitse
    [CENSORED]
    dido.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 18:42
    Kudos to the Italian football authorities for suspending football indefinitely, though.
  6. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 20:47
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Kudos to the Italian football authorities for suspending football indefinitely, though.
    They do actually have a good FA over there that sorts out these problems unlike our one, which isn't the greatest amongst the worlds governing bodies. 😞
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 23:43
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    dido.
    Crap music.
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 08:35
    Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
    They do actually have a good FA over there that sorts out these problems unlike our one, which isn't the greatest amongst the worlds governing bodies. 😞
    Not sure what you're basing that comment on EO?
    The Italian FA have never addressed the racist abuse from the terraces which has been in evidence for years... and then there was the match-fixing scandal from last year...
    The Italian hooligans (Ultras) have links with their clubs, and many of the fans are subsidised to travel to away matches.
    I attended a game at the San Siro last year, and the AC Ultras wouldn't allow ANY supporter in to the section behind the goal for 15 minutes after kick-off. They were protesting about ticket prices I think.

Italian football is one of the most crooked in the world, their FA only 'act' for the rest of the world's benefit - they don't actually have any intention on sorting the problems out.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 13:11
    Originally posted by blade68
    Complete ignorance, I should think.

D
  10. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 13:52
    Originally posted by blade68
    The Italian FA have never addressed the racist abuse from the terraces which has been in evidence for years... and then there was the match-fixing scandal from last year...
    The Italian hooligans (Ultras) have links with their clubs, and many of the fans are subsidised to travel to away matches.
    I attended a ...[text shortened]... the world's benefit - they don't actually have any intention on sorting the problems out.
    well put mate.. i sometimes think some of the Posters here live in a dream world.

The racisms in Italian football grounds is unbelievable. I know it goes on here as well, but is nothing like it is in Italy.. Especially in the Perm league grounds which are now a lot better then in the 70s.
  11. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 14:05
    I used to go to footbal regularly while living in Italy, either Fidelis Andria in Serie C2 as they were, or Roma in Serie A. I also saw Chievo play (I exclude them from this general statement on the point).

Italian football was literally saved by the World Cup win. With crowds in decline and the game swept by corruption people were fast losing interest. It was therefore becoming controlled almost by ultras.

I have witnessed absolutely disgraceful behaviour at matches, nazi salutes, throwing bottles into areas where families were sat, fans fighting for no visible reason, flares being thrown onto the pitch, bangers being let off where people are sat or stood. The list is endless. The first time I went to see Roma I was shocked and scared. I was caught up in a riot and was lucky to get out of the way. Some of the material on open display is illegal at best, inflammatory and politically reprehensible at worst. I have seen people searched entering grounds but not their bags 🙄, nobody arrested, and probably (in its own way) worst of all, police and stewards LET ALL OF THIS HAPPEN before their very eyes.

OK, what can they do, but the fact is, nobody has done more than the odd thing to stop all of this. I'm amazed there hasn't been worse far sooner.

I've also met ultras who openly support Liverpool (and Liverpool fans, please don't get this out of context, it's not my view I'm expressing here) because they admire them for killing Juventini at Heysel. I was so sickened by this had it been Roma fans I would be ashamed to play under my username now.

Basically, this will take time, but it has to be sorted, and finally they are doing something about it. I wish them luck!
  12. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 15:52
    Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
    what rubbish... it was only the biggest sporting and social problem for over a decade in england; it was the government and the f.a that went down hard on hooliganism and managed to control it; a lot of the procedures introduced in the late 80's were incorporated much later in europe to control their hooligans.... it is still a problem in england, as a lot of it operates underground, but the fact is the governement and the fa must be given credit for tackling (no pun intended) such a massive social disease
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 16:19
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    what rubbish... it was only the biggest sporting and social problem for over a decade in england; it was the government and the f.a that went down hard on hooliganism and managed to control it; a lot of the procedures introduced in the late 80's were incorporated much later in europe to control their hooligans.... it is still a problem in england, as a l ...[text shortened]... nt and the fa must be given credit for tackling (no pun intended) such a massive social disease
    Its strange in England. It still goes on, but for some reason the media never report it.

D
  14. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 17:461 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Its strange in England. It still goes on, but for some reason the media never report it.
    But you've got to admit, it doesn't go on anywhere near as much as it did.
  15. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 19:57
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    Like eatmybishop said... a lot of it is underground and happens away from football stadiums. so much of the violence cannot be reported as 'football violence'... it's just 2 gangs of blokes having a go.
    As long as they don't involve innocent people they're welcome to do what they want as far as I'm concerned... did anyone see the documentary about the Polish and German gangs that met up in the woods and had a go?
    Blokes will always want to fight, whether it's alcohol induced, football related or otherwise.
    How many wedding receptions have you been to where there's been a bit of bother?
    How often do you go down town on a Friday night and see blokes scrapping with bags of chips in their hands at the end of the night?

Blokes will be blokes... that will never change.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree