J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
12 Jan 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
If they beat the Chargers I will tip my hat, still hate their sorry butts, yet fortunately it will never happen. SD is the hottest team in the league and actually has a D. They're not the Bengals!
You still hate them again... why? Because the Colts decided to rest Manning?

That makes sense.

s

Moves
12 Jan 10

Originally posted by sh76
You still hate them again... why? Because the Colts decided to rest Manning?

That makes sense.
Hate is irrational mostly, but let me hate the Colts and Jets. A Jets/Colts AFC championship would be sweet karmic revenge if they injure one another's key players then the winner loses in SB in a rout! Won't happen since Colts are not losing to the Ravens, who by the way I also hate because of killer Ray Lewis. What's it to you that I hate the Jets. I'm sure you hate the Cowboys like NYC sympathyzers are apt to do! So what? I like Sanchez and that's it. He played lights out and I respect that. Now he needs to enact retibution for Caldwell. If not for him the Texans would have been in! What is there not to hate?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
12 Jan 10

Hate is irrational mostly, but let me hate the Colts and Jets. A Jets/Colts AFC championship would be sweet karmic revenge if they injure one another's key players then the winner loses in SB in a rout! Won't happen since Colts are not losing to the Ravens, who by the way I also hate because of killer Ray Lewis. What's it to you that I hate the Jets. I' ...[text shortened]... tion for Caldwell. If not for him the Texans would have been in! What is there not to hate?
I don't hate the Cowboys. I used to like the Cowboys because I didn't like the Giants; and the best way to get at the Giants is often through the Cowboys (or Eagles).

Since the Giants beat the Pats in the SB and wiped that damn smirk off Pretty Boy's and Bellicheat's faces, I can't quite hate the Giants anymore; so I don't have as much reason to like the Cowboys. But I certainly don't hate them.

s

Moves
12 Jan 10

I don't hate the Cowboys. I used to like the Cowboys because I didn't like the Giants; and the best way to get at the Giants is often through the Cowboys (or Eagles).

Since the Giants beat the Pats in the SB and wiped that damn smirk off Pretty Boy's and Bellicheat's faces, I can't quite hate the Giants anymore; so I don't have as much reason to like the Cowboys. But I certainly don't hate them.
No mealy-mouth stuff for me. Mine is pure, unadulterated, undistilled loathing, contempt and disgust for the vermin Jets. They are like cockroaches wearing white and green. Their fans are Jimmy Hoffa illegitimate offspring wearing fake working man gear like construction helmets. Their fans are the lowest of pond scum causing disyntery and other watery diarrhea, or diseases with discharge from various orifices. Putrid, fetid team from Hades. Cerberus should be their mascot. Their owner, appealing to the working class for his fandom, knowing all along he's made his money on their backs and hineys from baby oil sales and lubricants so they can produce more loathsome fans through glideful copulation. This mindless issue flock to these games regardless of weather indoctrinated, steeped in dreams of 69 repeating once over.

s

Moves
14 Jan 10
1 edit

No mealy-mouth stuff for me. Mine is pure, unadulterated, undistilled loathing, contempt and disgust for the vermin Jets. They are like cockroaches wearing white and green. Their fans are Jimmy Hoffa illegitimate offspring wearing fake working man gear like construction helmets. Their fans are the lowest of pond scum causing disyntery and other watery d o these games regardless of weather indoctrinated, steeped in dreams of 69 repeating once over.
Jets fans out there! You know I am only saying what I did about ya'll in jest. However, I firmly believe they will lose against SD and be done and out. The swish of drivers in their ears is the music they will hear after the Chargers are done with them and they shall be gone once and for all!

d

Moves
14 Jan 10

I picked the Chargers but in no way do I think the game will be a blow-out. If I'm picking against the spread, I'm taking the Jets.

M

Moves
14 Jan 10

Originally posted by darvlay
I picked the Chargers but in no way do I think the game will be a blow-out. If I'm picking against the spread, I'm taking the Jets.
the spread favors the Chargers by 7-8 points. Which means that the Chargers are clearly favored, but the Jets have a very legitimate chance.

Two years ago when the Giants won the Super Bowl - I recall that they were on the short end of similar spreads in their games at Dallas and at Green Bay, and then were almost 14 point dogs against the previously undefeated Patriots.

Chargers are definitely the better team, but it's still is a winnable game for the Jets. But no room for any mistakes.

d

Moves
14 Jan 10

Originally posted by Melanerpes
the spread favors the Chargers by 7-8 points. Which means that the Chargers are clearly favored, but the Jets have a very legitimate chance.

Two years ago when the Giants won the Super Bowl - I recall that they were on the short end of similar spreads in their games at Dallas and at Green Bay, and then were almost 14 point dogs against the previously u ...[text shortened]... the better team, but it's still is a winnable game for the Jets. But no room for any mistakes.
Only 7 or 8?? Hmmmm... maybe I wouldn't take the Chargers after all. I assumed it would be around 10.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14 Jan 10

Originally posted by darvlay
Only 7 or 8?? Hmmmm... maybe I wouldn't take the Chargers after all. I assumed it would be around 10.
You would change your bet based on whether the spread is 8 or 10?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14 Jan 10

Jets fans out there! You know I am only saying what I did about ya'll in jest. However, I firmly believe they will lose against SD and be done and out. The swish of drivers in their ears is the music they will hear after the Chargers are done with them and they shall be gone once and for all!
That's what you said about the Jets last week... and the week before. 😛

d

Moves
14 Jan 10

You would change your bet based on whether the spread is 8 or 10?
Yes, I might. Every half point is significant, my friend.

s

Moves
15 Jan 10

That's what you said about the Jets last week... and the week before. 😛
Not my fault they're a bunch of pukes with no business in the playoffs! They beat a listless Cinci who, like the Colts, decided to rest a few key players ans it came back to bite them. Once you lose that momentum it's hard to regain! Mark my words. They get blown out by Chargers and then they'll cry that beating Cinci twice in a row drained them!

M

Moves
15 Jan 10
1 edit

Not my fault they're a bunch of pukes with no business in the playoffs! They beat a listless Cinci who, like the Colts, decided to rest a few key players ans it came back to bite them. Once you lose that momentum it's hard to regain! Mark my words. They get blown out by Chargers and then they'll cry that beating Cinci twice in a row drained them!
I'm sure Rex Ryan will have something interesting to say after the game regardless of the result. He always does.

But considering that the Jets were going into this season with a rookie QB following the less than successful Favre experiment, the fact that the Jets have advanced to this point exceeds pretty much everyone's expectation for this season. So I doubt there will be too much whining if the Jets lose - even if Sanchez throws 4 interceptions (okay there might be a little whining over that).

One of the fun parts of this round of the playoffs is that there are usually a couple teams who are grateful just to have won their game last week - facing a team with much greater expectations. The Jets will not be feeling any pressure. San Diego will. (And the Colts will be under absurd amounts of pressure).

Some players and teams thrive under pressure. Others do not. That home field advantage might not mean much if you fall behind and the natives start booing.

s

Moves
15 Jan 10

Originally posted by Melanerpes
I'm sure Rex Ryan will have something interesting to say after the game regardless of the result. He always does.

But considering that the Jets were going into this season with a rookie QB following the less than successful Favre experiment, the fact that the Jets have advanced to this point exceeds pretty much everyone's expectation for this season. S ...[text shortened]... That home field advantage might not mean much if you fall behind and the natives start booing.
That's what makes sports great and compelling. Indeed the game has to be played and transcends point spreads and other such garbage! Never won a game on paper. Fischer was a slight underdog against Spaasky and blew him away. I'll never forget the 69 Mets over the Orioles. Everyone thought it was over after they lost game one. I bet my older brother the equivalent of $20 today. He still cannot forget how the O's lost!