1. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 01:58
    it looks like we have turned down the fifth richest man in the world for a canadian hockey magnet.
    no offence to mr gillett...he's the best a manc can get......but surely david moores could live on five million pounds less if he truly wanted the best for liverpool.
    with DIC we would have had the money and a fan base.
    this could be a bad move
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 10:192 edits
    Originally posted by scoop122
    it looks like we have turned down the fifth richest man in the world for a canadian hockey magnet.
    no offence to mr gillett...he's the best a manc can get......but surely david moores could live on five million pounds less if he truly wanted the best for liverpool.
    with DIC we would have had the money and a fan base.
    this could be a bad move
    it's not related but why did we sell Michael Owen?
  3. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 13:00
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    it's not related but why did we sell Michael Owen?
    Owen stalled on signing a new contract and was trying too engineer a move away from Anfield.

If we let his contract run out, we would have got nothing for him, so with 12 months left on his contract we had no choice but too sell him to RM for £8.
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:58
    Originally posted by millerman
    Owen stalled on signing a new contract and was trying too engineer a move away from Anfield.

If we let his contract run out, we would have got nothing for him, so with 12 months left on his contract we had no choice but too sell him to RM for £8.
    Yes. I do not understand why he was being a bitch like that. That's unfair to the club since he owes everything he has to LFC.

A player of M. Owen's calibre worth at least $35 milion.
  5. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:23
    Yes. I do not understand why he was being a bitch like that. That's unfair to the club since he owes everything he has to LFC.

Not sure Newcastle would think he's worth that much this season...

Too be fair to him, he spent alot of years at Anfield, so i don't begrudge him wanting too move on, but the way he did it made him very unpopular.

I don't think may fans would welcome him back, unlike Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler...

Still i think in hindsight he realises he made an error and suppose thats punishment enough for him...

It's funny you actually mentioned his name in this thread as i nearly forgot about him entirely............Out of sight out of mind and all that..
  6. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:43
    Not sure Newcastle would think he's worth that much this season...

Too be fair to him, he spent alot of years at Anfield, so i don't begrudge him wanting too move on, but the way he did it made him very unpopular.

I don't think may fans would welcome him back, unlike Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler...

Still i think in hindsight he realises he made an e ...[text shortened]... ead as i nearly forgot about him entirely............Out of sight out of mind and all that..
    He used to be my idol, I hate him now.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 22:03
    He used to be my idol, I hate him now.
    fickle liverpool fans 😛
  8. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 21:20

Michael Owen maybe many things but he is not a bitch.

Going back to the take over - I agree a once bankrupt yank doesn't bode too well. I can't believe a ground share is even a factor in this. But there have been so many almost deals in recent years if I was a red I would not worry just yet.
  9. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 22:271 edit
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Michael Owen maybe many things but he is not a bitch.

Going back to the take over - I agree a once bankrupt yank doesn't bode too well. I can't believe a ground share is even a factor in this. But there have been so many almost deals in recent years if I was a red I would not worry just yet.
    They've been through the books, it looks like it's nearly completed, i do think that this deal will go through.

As for the ground share, Gillett has personally underwriiten our new stadium without the mention of sharing with BS so it looks like Moores will accept this deal as he has always been opposed to a groundshare.

On the whole i believe the Gillett deal is the better option for LFC as DIC we're seeking to make money off us after 8 years were as Gillett is more savvy about the sports industry.

Time will tell, but i for one welcome the second offer.....
  10. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 22:31
    They've been through the books, it looks like it's nearly completed, i do think that this deal will go through.

As for the ground share, Gillett has personally underwriiten our new stadium without the mention of sharing with BS so it looks like Moores will accept this deal as he has always been opposed to a groundshare.

On the whole i believe the Gil ...[text shortened]... vvy about the sports industry.

Time will tell, but i for one welcome the second offer.....
    I don't want him back in Anfield. He was not loyal to the team when the team needed him the most.😠
  11. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 22:36
    I don't want him back in Anfield. He was not loyal to the team when the team needed him the most.😠
    When the team needed him the most we went on too win the CL 🙂

He won't come back, he's not needed no more. He had a chance too say from Rafa and the chance too come back under Rafa. Both chances were spawned by him..
    As long as Rafa is in charge, he won't get the 3rd chance. Plus we're no longer a counter attacking team so he's not suited to our set up.

May he finish his career with mediocre newcastle...
  12. Swansea
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 23:30
    Gillet has been bankrupt before, so he may well run LFC into the ground too! Watch out!
  13. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 23:58
    When the team needed him the most we went on too win the CL 🙂

He won't come back, he's not needed no more. He had a chance too say from Rafa and the chance too come back under Rafa. Both chances were spawned by him..
    As long as Rafa is in charge, he won't get the 3rd chance. Plus we're no longer a counter attacking team so he's not suited to our set up.

May he finish his career with mediocre newcastle...
    Any team needs a player like M. Owen all the time.
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 11:04
    Can't agree. He doesn't suit our style of play anymore and Rafa is not going to change his style to accomodate an injury prone Owen.

Thanks for the memories.
  15. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 11:55
    RM will disagree with you there also...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree