March Madness Pick 'Em!!!!

March Madness Pick 'Em!!!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
23 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Michigan State's win over Pitt was big for me and pulled me back within 1 of Darv. 5 of my Elite Eight are already through the second round and none have lost, so I have a lot of chances to grab points.

Oklahoma v. Louisville is mine and Darv's only point of disagreement today; if the Sooners win, I'll pull ahead of him, if not he'll have ...[text shortened]... falling to Arkansas; it would really mess up some brackets! Ditto Miami knocking off Texas.
Well, I almost got Butler lol, but I'll settle for the Davidson win. I think everybody has Memphis and UNC, so the Louisville game is the only that could could change standings.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
24 Mar 08
1 edit

So much for picking upsets. I've already lost three slots in my elite 8 and one of my final 4. Jeez. My East Regional bracket is the only one that has yet to suffer carnage.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Mar 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
So much for picking upsets. I've already lost three slots in my elite 8 and one of my final 4. Jeez. My East Regional bracket is the only one that has yet to suffer carnage.
Bad loss for Oklahoma leaving me 3 points behind Darv. Need Stanford to take down Texas and Tennessee to make a run. Still have all my Elite Eight teams left, so I could make up some ground next round.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
24 Mar 08
1 edit

Bad loss for Oklahoma leaving me 3 points behind Darv. Need Stanford to take down Texas and Tennessee to make a run. Still have all my Elite Eight teams left, so I could make up some ground next round.
I wouldn't count on Texas losing to Stanford (although anything is possible in this squirrelly mess), especially since their remaining games will have a distinct "home court" advantage as opposed to the hostile environment they faced in Little Rock. I was very glad the game clock didn't have another minute on it at the end of the game yesterday though. I really believe Texas will make it to the championship game now. Of course, I thought I had all of the answers in my brackets when I picked them too. 😞

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
24 Mar 08

I wouldn't count on Texas losing to Stanford (although anything is possible in this squirrelly mess), especially since their remaining games will have a distinct "home court" advantage as opposed to the hostile environment they faced in Little Rock. I was very glad the game clock didn't have another minute on it at the end of the game yesterday though. ...[text shortened]... now. Of course, I thought I had all of the answers in my brackets when I picked them too. 😞
Stanford looks pretty good, should be a good game, but Stanford will win. Trust me, I'm in 1st place 😉

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Mar 08

I wouldn't count on Texas losing to Stanford (although anything is possible in this squirrelly mess), especially since their remaining games will have a distinct "home court" advantage as opposed to the hostile environment they faced in Little Rock. I was very glad the game clock didn't have another minute on it at the end of the game yesterday though. ...[text shortened]... now. Of course, I thought I had all of the answers in my brackets when I picked them too. 😞
I admit to being more nervous about that game now than before the tourney; Texas has looked very sharp and Stanford was quite fortunate to get by Marquette. Texas looks like a decent dark horse pick to win the whole thing.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
24 Mar 08

I admit to being more nervous about that game now than before the tourney; Texas has looked very sharp and Stanford was quite fortunate to get by Marquette. Texas looks like a decent dark horse pick to win the whole thing.
Marquette was an excellent team and on a roll, they would have tough for anybody. I can't get on the Texas wagon, I just don't see it.

Besides, in terms of winning it all, nobody looks like they are going to have enough to stop North Carolina.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
24 Mar 08

Originally posted by PocketKings
Marquette was an excellent team and on a roll, they would have tough for anybody. I can't get on the Texas wagon, I just don't see it.

Besides, in terms of winning it all, nobody looks like they are going to have enough to stop North Carolina.
Sure, no sense jumping on their bandwagon now. I mean, what have they done this season to make anyone notice? Oh yeah....they beat UCLA, Tennessee, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas A&M, and had narrow losses to Wisconsin and Michigan State. Heck, none of those teams were any good. I believe they will make it to the final four (although Stanford and Memphis will be formidable opponents) and they would most likely be paired against UCLA on a home court of sorts for Texas, which leaves a matchup presumably against either Kansas who they have split with and match up well with, or UNC who they also match up well against. But, if I had all of the answers, my bracket would be clean right now, and it is far from that. I just have seen this Texas team a lot and they lost the best player in the country from last year's team, they picked up no one appreciable (Gary Johnson?) coming into this season, yet they got better. The keys are Damian James, who should be an All American, who has taken his game to the next level; they have the best point guard in the country...hands down in DJ Augustine; AJ Abrams has been spectacular from the outside with treys; and Justin Mason is one of the best "lock down" defenders in the country; Connor Atchley has come into his own in the middle. They have a fairly decent bench of big bodies with fouls to give and a few of them can score (Gary Johnson and Dexter Pittman).
This team is legitimate, and if they are all clicking at the same time, they will beat any team in the country. They just seem to do enough to get by when they need it.

Hummm, I wonder if they need a PR guy in Austin???

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
24 Mar 08

Sure, no sense jumping on their bandwagon now. I mean, what have they done this season to make anyone notice? Oh yeah....they beat UCLA, Tennessee, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas A&M, and had narrow losses to Wisconsin and Michigan State. Heck, none of those teams were any good. I believe they will make it to the final four (although Stanford and Memphis w ...[text shortened]... do enough to get by when they need it.

Hummm, I wonder if they need a PR guy in Austin???
It's spelled Augustin.

I'm didn't say anything about jumping on a bandwagon, I said I can't get on their wagon, there is a difference. Texas is an excellent basketball team, I just see Stanford beating them. I don't have all the answers, I'm just in 4000th place out of 2,000,000, in the 99th percentile. But that could all change really quick.

Funny how people can be nice in one thread in mean in another. But I still like you 😉

Pick who you want. I picked Stanford, I guess you pick Texas. We shall see soon enough.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
24 Mar 08

Originally posted by PocketKings
It's spelled Augustin.

I'm didn't say anything about jumping on a bandwagon, I said I can't get on their wagon, there is a difference. Texas is an excellent basketball team, I just see Stanford beating them. I don't have all the answers, I'm just in 4000th place out of 2,000,000, in the 99th percentile. But that could all change really quick.

Funny ...[text shortened]...

Pick who you want. I picked Stanford, I guess you pick Texas. We shall see soon enough.
Ooops, missed the typo on Augustin. Thanks for the correction.

I didn't feel I was being mean, quite the contrary. I believe I was being slightly sarcastic, but if that is mean, my god man, this whole site is mean!! 😉 It is obvious that you picked Stanford and I picked Texas, and that is no problem either. Hell, I chose Texas to win it all. I am a believer. I think it takes more than the best talent to win one of these tournaments though. You gotta have some luck along the way as well. There is just so much parity these days, that it is virtually impossible to put together a team that goes undefeated an entire season. Nothing like those UCLA teams who won 7 straight national titles (or something like that). I don't ever see that happening again.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
25 Mar 08

If frickin Drake and Clemson had won like they should have, and Butler pulled out that OT game, I'd be in first....c'est la vie

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
25 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by uzless
If frickin Drake and Clemson had won like they should have, and Butler pulled out that OT game, I'd be in first....c'est la vie
If the dog had not stopped to take a crap, he'd have caught the rabbit.

*edit* Better yet, if all of my picks had been correct, I would be in first and undefeated. 😉

z

Moves
25 Mar 08

Rather fewer upsets than I thought this year. My big hope now is that Xavier makes the final four (and of course Texas wins). I think I'm the only one with that particular pick.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
25 Mar 08

If the dog had not stopped to take a crap, he'd have caught the rabbit.

*edit* Better yet, if all of my picks had been correct, I would be in first and undefeated. 😉
Fact, a dog is more likely to crap after a good run.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
25 Mar 08

Originally posted by zebano
Rather fewer upsets than I thought this year. My big hope now is that Xavier makes the final four (and of course Texas wins). I think I'm the only one with that particular pick.
You are the only one with Xavier to the final 4, but you have company with the Texas as national champions pick!! 😉