MLB 2011

MLB 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 May 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
I predict the Mariners will make it all the way to the World Series sometime in the next few seasons.
As spectators perhaps. They are young but they are several notches down the ladder from many teams in the AL

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 May 11
2 edits

Originally posted by short circuit
The Reds didn't sniff Cliff Lee either.

The dog days of summer approach........😕
Actually they hit Lee pretty well, but Bailey came up short and Dusty decided to essentially concede the game by leaving in a rookie no matter what to "save" his bullpen after the 19 inning game (in which he failed to use two available pitchers and forced a guy just called up to go 5 2/3 IP when he had been the closer in AAA). Strange decisions.

The Reds are certainly in a funk right now. But they remain only 4 back and its not even June. Plenty of time to right the ship.

EDIT: Apparently both Lecure and Maloney were unavailable (Maloney went on the DL the next day) for the 19 inning game so I guess Dusty had no choice.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
28 May 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Actually they hit Lee pretty well, but Bailey came up short and Dusty decided to essentially concede the game by leaving in a rookie no matter what to "save" his bullpen after the 19 inning game (in which he failed to use two available pitchers and forced a guy just called up to go 5 2/3 IP when he had been the closer in AAA). Strange decisions.

...[text shortened]... e (Maloney went on the DL the next day) for the 19 inning game so I guess Dusty had no choice.
News gets worse. Homer Bailey heads to the DL.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 May 11

Originally posted by short circuit
News gets worse. Homer Bailey heads to the DL.
Injured while batting. I've never liked the DH, but the rules should be uniform. As it is, the NL faces a disadvantage due to the increased risk of injury to pitchers from batting and running the bases (Wang's career was ruined because of one of the latter).

Good news (we needed some): Mike Leake comes back up and pitches a solid 6 IP wriggling out of a lot of trouble to hold the Braves to 1 run. Reds win 5-1 though some Atlanta bumbles helped.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
30 May 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Injured while batting. I've never liked the DH, but the rules should be uniform. As it is, the NL faces a disadvantage due to the increased risk of injury to pitchers from batting and running the bases (Wang's career was ruined because of one of the latter).

Good news (we needed some): Mike Leake comes back up and pitches a solid 6 IP wrigg ...[text shortened]... a lot of trouble to hold the Braves to 1 run. Reds win 5-1 though some Atlanta bumbles helped.
Well, the Reds have now lost 10 of their last 12 games.

Cleveland has lost 4 of their last 5.

Ohio State lost their head football coach.

Not a good time to be living in Ohio......

w

Moves
31 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Well, the Reds have now lost 10 of their last 12 games.

Cleveland has lost 4 of their last 5.

Ohio State lost their head football coach.

Not a good time to be living in Ohio......
The question should be, when has it ever been a good time to live in Ohio? 😛

BTW you forgot to include the Bungles and Browns to your list. After all, how many NFL teams has their QB refuse to come back to play even if it means retiring?

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
31 May 11

Originally posted by whodey
We are the champions, my friends!!

How bout them Reds!! They won their opener in the bottom of the 9nth with 2 outs. Love it!!

So who will lose to the Reds in the World Series this year?

Speculations?
The Reds are OK. Just as long as the Yankees lose, I'll be happy.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
31 May 11

The question should be, when has it ever been a good time to live in Ohio? 😛

BTW you forgot to include the Bungles and Browns to your list. After all, how many NFL teams has their QB refuse to come back to play even if it means retiring?
Oh yeah....and LeBron may get his first title.....in Miami instead of Cleveland.

t

Moves
31 May 11

Originally posted by bill718
The Reds are OK. Just as long as the Yankees lose, I'll be happy.
The Yanks lost two of three to the M's and the M's have won 9 of their last 11. They have a solid pitching staff and some great offense... I have been disappointed with the M's staff in past years but it seems as though they are finally making the right moves... at least better moves than having one of the highest payrolls and the worst record... how the bleep did that happen?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
31 May 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
The Yanks lost two of three to the M's and the M's have won 9 of their last 11. They have a solid pitching staff and some great offense... I have been disappointed with the M's staff in past years but it seems as though they are finally making the right moves... at least better moves than having one of the highest payrolls and the worst record... how the bleep did that happen?
smoke and mirrors.

w

Moves
01 Jun 11
1 edit

Oh yeah....and LeBron may get his first title.....in Miami instead of Cleveland.
And when the Browns moved to Baltimore they won a Super Bowl.

Hilarious!! I can still remember the owner of the Browns receiving the Super Bowl trophy. He got a wicked grin on his face and said something to the effect that the folks in Clevland helped make this possible. He is truly and evvvvvil man.

I would gather the sales of TV's spiked in Clevland after that comment.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Jun 11

And when the Browns moved to Baltimore they won a Super Bowl.

Hilarious!! I can still remember the owner of the Browns receiving the Super Bowl trophy. He got a wicked grin on his face and said something to the effect that the folks in Clevland helped make this possible. He is truly and evvvvvil man.

I would gather the sales of TV's spiked in Clevland after that comment.
Then they moved to Indianapolis and won another Super Bowl.

I am sensing a trend here....

Sort of like the Reds losing....again....to the Brewers!!
Look out for the Pirates...they are creeping up on you in third place.

w

Moves
01 Jun 11

Then they moved to Indianapolis and won another Super Bowl.

I am sensing a trend here....

Sort of like the Reds losing....again....to the Brewers!!
Look out for the Pirates...they are creeping up on you in third place.
I think the plan is to fall back about 10 games out of first place and then come back with a vengence and win the division.

Trust me, its all a ruse and you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker!!

What a sucker you are.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
02 Jun 11

I think the plan is to fall back about 10 games out of first place and then come back with a vengence and win the division.

Trust me, its all a ruse and you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker!!

What a sucker you are.
*pulls wallet from pocket, eying the easy pickings from the prey at hand*

Wanna bet???

w

Moves
03 Jun 11

*pulls wallet from pocket, eying the easy pickings from the prey at hand*

Wanna bet???
I couldn't live with myself knowing I took money from a sucker like yourself.

Not only will the Reds defy all odds and make it to the World Series, thus bankrupting Las Vegas and every single bookie on the globe, but the Indains will meet them there just to be able to see the expression on Tommy Lasorta's face who said that no team from Ohio will be in the fall classic..

(Psst. I think it is one of the 7 signe mentioned in Revelation).