MLB 2011

MLB 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
04 May 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit
No big accomplishment. The Lastros beat them tonight.

No matter how much you want to hope Smooks, the Phillies pitching is better than the Fish.
The Astros? somebody betta get a better line-up there.. Soon!

w

Moves
16 May 11

Don't worry about me. Worry about Milwaukee, St. Louis, Chicago....et al.
St. Louis? You mean the team the Reds just swept?

Sweeeeet!!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
16 May 11

Originally posted by whodey

Sweeeeet!!
Yes, those Cardinals. They will beat your Reds.

You sure kept your mouth shut when the Reds were getting spanked.

Nice to see your fair weather fanship continues.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
17 May 11

Sweeeeet!!
Both the Reds and Cards are loaded with firepower this year. Let's see if their pitching can hold together.

Let's see if the Cards can Su-weeep the Phillies, now that would be awesome! 😀

w

Moves
17 May 11
3 edits

Originally posted by SmookieP
Both the Reds and Cards are loaded with firepower this year. Let's see if their pitching can hold together.

Let's see if the Cards can Su-weeep the Phillies, now that would be awesome! 😀
The Cards have a struggling bull pen and the Reds need to have both Scott Rolan and Champman to be playing well and often. Simply put, Scott Rolan is the heart and soul of the team and they don't perform well without him. The problem is, is that he is on the tail end of his career and can't play everyday. As for Chapman, he can no longer throw strikes as well as being injured. I venture to say that they brought up the hard throwing Chapman a bit too early and needs to go back to AAA to learn how to pitch like everyone else has, but that is a hard thing to do when you need him and he throws 105 m/h fast balls. As for Scotty Rolan, they need to play him only when they are playing worthy opponents. The rest of the time he can rest.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 May 11

The Cards have a struggling bull pen and the Reds need to have both Scott Rolan and Champman to be playing well and often. Simply put, Scott Rolan is the heart and soul of the team and they don't perform well without him. The problem is, is that he is on the tail end of his career and can't play everyday. As for Chapman, he can no longer throw strikes as w ...[text shortened]... ed to play him only when they are playing worthy opponents. The rest of the time he can rest.
Chapman was brought up late last year and pitched lights out as he also did in his first 12 appearances this year. So I don't think he was "rushed". He's obviously having some control problems now which might be caused by the shoulder inflammation or might have something to do with his mechanics or a bit of both. A DL stint and a minor league rehab is a smart move.

The plan was for Rolen to play around 120-130 games and for Francisco to pick up the rest. That's plenty of time off for Scott. Juan's currently finishing a rehab assignation and should be back soon. I think the original plan was a good one and hope Dusty sticks to it.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
18 May 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Chapman was brought up late last year and pitched lights out as he also did in his first 12 appearances this year. So I don't think he was "rushed". He's obviously having some control problems now which might be caused by the shoulder inflammation or might have something to do with his mechanics or a bit of both. A DL stint and a minor league rehab is a ...[text shortened]... should be back soon. I think the original plan was a good one and hope Dusty sticks to it.
The Cards took 2 from the Phillies, first blood. Very nice!😀

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
19 May 11

The Cards took 2 from the Phillies, first blood. Very nice!😀
Now, can your fish duplicate that effort when they play the Phils????

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
19 May 11

Now, can your fish duplicate that effort when they play the Phils????
I don't know Fred... our record against Cliff Lee and Halladay are very good... so far their games against Philly are pretty evenly matched. We play the Rays this weekend, I'm forever optimistic, but not stupid.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
19 May 11

I don't know Fred... our record against Cliff Lee and Halladay are very good... so far their games against Philly are pretty evenly matched. We play the Rays this weekend, I'm forever optimistic, but not stupid.
Was that the Cubs that beat you last night???

And the mighty Pirates that toppled the Reds???

The Phillies beat their opponent as did the Cards (freakin' Lastros)

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
20 May 11

Was that the Cubs that beat you last night???

And the mighty Pirates that toppled the Reds???

The Phillies beat their opponent as did the Cards (freakin' Lastros)
Reds lose again
Marlins lose again
Cardinals win again

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
22 May 11

Reds lose again
Marlins lose again
Cardinals win again
Reds lose again... slumping?
Marlins win again
Cardinals win one

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 May 11

The Reds have looked awful since Phlab jinxed them in the other thread.

Still it's beyond lame for SC to throw in a post every day that they lose one in May.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
23 May 11

Still it's beyond lame for SC to throw in a post every day that they lose one in May.
No, what is really lame is blaming a team's poor play on a silly jinx!! LOL.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
23 May 11

Give some credit to the Injuns... they score runs at will. I'm certainly not a Cleveland fan, but you gotta admit to how well they're hitting right now.

The Reds are good, let them play some more with the Lastros to get their confidence back!