MLB Predictions

MLB Predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
31 Mar 09
1 edit

Alright, it's early - let's see how wrong the lot of us can be this year!

American League

AL East - NY Yankees over the Bosox by a squeak. NY's investment in starting pitching pays off. Tampa will suffer a sophomore slump and finish just over .500.

AL Central - THE KC ROYALS by default. Besides the power on the Detroit team, this division leaves me very cold. The Indians will improve from last year but Detroit will still struggle and Minnesota and Chicago will again be only adequate.

AL West - LA Angels. Perrenial favourites win again using small ball, great baserunning and incredible managing. K-Rod will not be missed. Texas still need pitching. Also, Matt Holliday will win the AL batting title.

Wild Card - Boston Red Sox

National League

NL East - Philadelphia Phillies to win the division and repeat as champs this year. NY Mets improve the bullpen but that doesn't mean a collapse still can't happen! I like the Mest in the wild card though.

NL Central - The young Milwaukee Brewers make a second straight post-season appearance on the strengths of their young sluggers Braun and Fielder. No CC anymore but the pitching will hang on. Neither the Cards or Cubs will finish second in the division and both will have down years.

NL West - This whole division is full of young teams with exciting players so I think any one of these teams could make it, including the Giants whose starting rotation actually looks a bit intimidating but I will go with the Dodgers.

Wild Card - NY Mets

World Series
Philadelphia Phillies over LA Angels in 7 games.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
31 Mar 09

Toronto will finish last while most of the 18000 fans in the Rogers Centre argue if Clark or Domi is their favourite player

q

Moves
31 Mar 09

Originally posted by darvlay

American League

AL East - NY Yankees over the Bosox by a squeak. NY's investment in starting pitching pays off. Tampa will suffer a sophomore slump and finish just over .500.

AL Central - THE KC ROYALS by default. Besides the power on the Detroit team, this division ...[text shortened]... ild Card - NY Mets

[b]World Series

Philadelphia Phillies over LA Angels in 7 games.[/b]
I agree with your predictions about the coasts and although I think the Royals pitching is heading in the right direction and see know way there hitting isn't just awful. It seems like the Twins always suprise when I don't know who to pick so I guess I'd go with them. The NL Central, I think the Cubs have the most talent and even if the team seems to under achieve I'd have to guess that they would be the favorites. Of course time will tell and I do hope everyone enjoys the baseball season. To me, it is one of the great things in life.

d

Moves
01 Apr 09
1 edit

Where are all the so-called baseball experts of the Sports forum? No doubt waiting to see the predictions of the media before showing their faces in here.

quackquack is the only one I respect now!

Moves
01 Apr 09

American League

AL Central - THE KC ROYALS by default. Besides the power on the Detroit team, this division ...[text shortened]... ild Card - NY Mets

[b]World Series

al

east - the josh becket inspired red sucks.

central - i don't know, twins.

west - angels

wild card - yankees

nl

east - ny mets - YOU GOT THAT!!!

central - houston

west - rockies

wild card - phillies

world series

mets over yankees in 6.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Apr 09

I will only predict that my beloved Cincinnati Reds will finish over .500 this year for the first time in 8 years. Next year, they WILL win the NL pennant.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
02 Apr 09

American League

[b]World Series

Good man!

I agree

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
03 Apr 09

AL

East - NYY - the best pitching money could buy

Central - Minn - Ronnie Gardenhire is the difference.

West - LA Angels - Scoiscia may be the best manager in the AL

WC - Tampa - hunch pick, but I think Carl Crawford will be MVP

NL

East - Philadelphia - still solid top to bottom. Burrell won't be missed.

Central - St Louis - No clear front runner here. La Russa is difference

West - LA - Improved defense, manny is back, can they get Pedro??

WC - Mets in a tough call here.

World Series - LA Angels over the Phillies in 7

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
03 Apr 09

American League

[b]World Series

American League

AL East - TBay takes it thanks to young pitching. Yankers fall to injury. Toronto and Baltimore fight for last.

AL Central - Minnesota takes it thanks to wonderkid alex casilla

AL West - LA Angels. As usual

Wild Card - Boston Red Sox

National League

NL East - Mets win thanks to rookie Daniel Murphy and Pelfrey/Perez winning 14 games each

NL Central - The young Milwaukee Brewers make a second straight post-season appearance on the strengths of their young sluggers Braun and Fielder and JJ HARDY.

NL West - Lincecum's arm finally blows out. I go with LA with Furcal back.

Wild Card - Philly

World Series
Philadelphia Phillies over Tbay in 6 games

g

Moves
03 Apr 09
1 edit

AL West- Angels are definitely the best.
AL Central- Twins look ok. Joe Mauer is great.
AL East- Rays are awesome! Crawford will have an MVP season. Longoria will continue to dominate
AL Wild Card- Yankees with the dominant pitching. Will see if they can gel.

NL West- Dodgers will win with Manny at the helm.
NL Central- Brewers are dangerous. Ryan Braun is great.
NL East- Mets with K-Rod and Putz will not stall.
NL Wild Card- Phillies just barely edge out Cubs. Would have them winning NL East, but I have no idea about Cole Hamels and his injury.

ALCS- Rays over Angels
NLCS- Mets over Dodgers
World Series- Rays defeat Mets in 6

AL MVP- Carl Crawford
NL MVP- Chase Utley
AL Cy Young- CC Sabathia
NL Cy Young- Jake Peavy is extremely dominant right now. Edges Lincecum

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
04 Apr 09

Originally posted by golfer1
AL West- Angels are definitely the best.
AL Central- Twins look ok. Joe Mauer is great.
AL East- Rays are awesome! Crawford will have an MVP season. Longoria will continue to dominate
AL Wild Card- Yankees with the dominant pitching. Will see if they can gel.

NL West- Dodgers will win with Manny at the helm.
NL Central- Brewers are dangerous. Ryan Bra ...[text shortened]... L Cy Young- CC Sabathia
NL Cy Young- Jake Peavy is extremely dominant right now. Edges Lincecum
On the NL Cy Young, don't forget Roy Oswalt who has also looked like a world beater. He will probably be in the mix as will Johan Santana.

w

Moves
04 Apr 09
3 edits

American League

AL Central - THE KC ROYALS by default. Besides the power on the Detroit team, this division ild Card - NY Mets

[b]World Series

Show me the money!!

Its not hard really, just pick the big money teams like the Yankees, Boston, Angels, and the Phillies etc. Then sit back and gasp as one of those wretched low money teams like the Rays somehow defy the odds and make it to a world series. LOL.

Having said that, I find your pick of the Brewers to be interesting. They definately are over acheivers and, as a result, I think are a sound off the wall pick. Going against the Cards, however, is not an easy thing to do.

w

Moves
04 Apr 09

Originally posted by shortcircuit
On the NL Cy Young, don't forget Roy Oswalt who has also looked like a world beater. He will probably be in the mix as will Johan Santana.
Indeed!! Going against my Reds, Oswalt has only lost one game in like about 20 appearances. I call him the assassign.

g

Moves
04 Apr 09

Originally posted by shortcircuit
That's true. It'll be a really close race.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 Apr 09

Originally posted by whodey
Indeed!! Going against my Reds, Oswalt has only lost one game in like about 20 appearances. I call him the assassign.
We'll OWN him this year. Take it to the bank (they do still have banks in Cincinnati, right?).