MLB Predictions

MLB Predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
07 Apr 09

Originally posted by no1marauder
Baseball is a team game; if the Astros lose, they lose.

I'm also not interested in a "wager", that I can't benefit from whether I win or lose.

I decline. I'll bet YOU, that the Reds win at least 50% of the games Oswalt pitches against them. If that's 4 games and the Reds win 2, I win. It it's three games, the Reds would need ...[text shortened]... tros won the series 8-4, I'd pay you $40. If the teams went 6-6, it would be a push.
Figures you would go back on what you said.

Your EXACT quote was the Reds will own Oswalt.

It was not, the Reds will own the Astros in games Oswalt pitches.

You see no benefit in the wager structure? I thought you were a lawyer. You get a tax write off. and a chance to something good for those more deserving than you. Don't you want the world to be a better place...to help your fellow man?

If you are done backing up now, then I will simply dismiss your original statement as more false bravado uttered by you.

*are those feathers gathering at your feet? *

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Apr 09

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Figures you would go back on what you said.

Your EXACT quote was the Reds will own Oswalt.

It was not, the Reds will own the Astros in games Oswalt pitches.

You see no benefit in the wager structure? I thought you were a lawyer. You get a tax write off. and a chance to something good for those more deserving than you. Don't you want the world t ...[text shortened]... atement as more false bravado uttered by you.

*are those feathers gathering at your feet? *
Your bet was BS. Even if the Reds knock Oswalt out in the first, if the Astros rally and tie the game and then lose, YOU get a positive. That's ridiculous. Only the most cowardly dog would present such a wager and then have the ballsz to say someone else is "backing up". If you're too chicken(expletive deleted) to bet that Oswalt can beat the Reds, just say so. I gave two perfectly fair counter-proposals for a wager and you're too afraid to put your money up. So be it; I'm used to Texans running their mouths but not having any guts to back it up.

The Reds will own Oswalt. But I'm not going to accept a wager where you can win even if they do.

EDIT: Come back when you grow a pair and maybe I'll be interested in taking some of your money.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
07 Apr 09

Your bet was BS. Even if the Reds knock Oswalt out in the first, if the Astros rally and tie the game and then lose, YOU get a positive. That's ridiculous. Only the most cowardly dog would present such a wager and then have the ballsz to say someone else is "backing up". If you're too chicken(expletive deleted) to bet that Oswalt can beat the Reds, just ...[text shortened]... ome back when you grow a pair and maybe I'll be interested in taking some of your money.
You are such a one-sided individual. Let's flip it around. Oswalt throws a perfect game for 8 innings and leaves to a standing ovation with a 7-0 lead. The bullpen comes in, coughs up 8 runs and the Reds win 8-7...and YOU would win. Dumb dork, you don't even think your own lopsided scenarios through.

You know, any time you get a pair I'll be happy to come and let you see just how big and bad you think you are. Don't play your mouth card at me. YOU backed up on YOUR statement. Don't try and twist the words around because I stuck my foot in your mouth....again.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Apr 09

You are such a one-sided individual. Let's flip it around. Oswalt throws a perfect game for 8 innings and leaves to a standing ovation with a 7-0 lead. The bullpen comes in, coughs up 8 runs and the Reds win 8-7...and YOU would win. Dumb dork, you don't even think your own lopsided scenarios through.

You know, any time you get a pair I'll be happy to ...[text shortened]... ement. Don't try and twist the words around because I stuck my foot in your mouth....again.
I pretty sure I know what you stick in yer mouth ............... and it ain't a foot.

Make the bet or shut up. Oswalt's 21-1 against the Reds and you haven't even got the guts to bet on his team winning his starts! With that extreme yellowness, you wouldn't last 10 minutes in the City.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
08 Apr 09

I pretty sure I know what you stick in yer mouth ............... and it ain't a foot.

Make the bet or shut up. Oswalt's 21-1 against the Reds and you haven't even got the guts to bet on his team winning his starts! With that extreme yellowness, you wouldn't last 10 minutes in the City.
Guts? Please don't flatter yourself. I am calling you out on your original bet. Make it OR YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!

The fact that you survived "the city" tells me you either ran very fast, or hired a body guard. Don't ever claim you have guts when it is obvious you don't.

Whine about it all you want to. You said it and you backed off of it.

What a waste of breathable air you are.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Apr 09
2 edits

Guts? Please don't flatter yourself. I am calling you out on your original bet. Make it OR YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!

The fact that you survived "the city" tells me you either ran very fast, or hired a body guard. Don't ever claim you have guts when it is obvious you don't.

Whine about it all you want to. You said it and you backed off of it.

What a waste of breathable air you are.
A simple bet (so you can understand it):

IF Oswalt wins more than he loses against the Reds this season (W-L - no decisions don't count), you win.

IF he loses more than he wins against the Reds this season(W-L - no decisions don't count), I win.

IF he wins the same number as he loses against the Reds this season (W-L - no decisions don't count), it's a push.

Stakes: $25.

In or out, Mary?

q

Moves
08 Apr 09

A simple bet (so you can understand it):

IF Oswalt wins more than he loses against the Reds this season (W-L - no decisions don't count), you win.

IF he loses more than he wins against the Reds this season(W-L - no decisions don't count), I win.

IF he wins the same number as he loses against the Reds ...[text shortened]... don't count), it's a push.

Stakes: $25.

In or out, Mary?
Probably everyone should take that bet Oswalt is an excellent pitcher and the Reds don't exactly hit like the 1927 Yankees.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Apr 09

Originally posted by quackquack
Probably everyone should take that bet Oswalt is an excellent pitcher and the Reds don't exactly hit like the 1927 Yankees.
Oswalt is 21-1 lifetime against the Reds in 24 starts. The stats say I'm a damn fool to offer this bet.

But for some reason SC seems afraid to pony up.

q

Moves
08 Apr 09

Oswalt is 21-1 lifetime against the Reds in 24 starts. The stats say I'm a damn fool to offer this bet.

But for some reason SC seems afraid to pony up.
Perhaps he does not wish for this to become the gambling forum.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Apr 09

Originally posted by quackquack
Perhaps he does not wish for this to become the gambling forum.
Then he probably shouldn't have been the first one in this thread to dare someone to make a bet. Top of page 2:

SC: Do I hear a wager in the air, or just some more false bravado?

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
09 Apr 09

So much hooplah over 2 mediocre teams? Come on! 😕

Now the Marlins, there's a team!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
09 Apr 09

Then he probably shouldn't have been the first one in this thread to dare someone to make a bet. Top of page 2:

SC: Do I hear a [b]wager
in the air, or just some more false bravado?[/b]
What part of what I said do you not understand moron?

I have no desire to allow you to wriggle off the hook and change the terms of your original statement. If your word is no good, then why should I believe you would pay off when you lost anyway.

I guess that makes you out to be a liar, because, as you say, the words don't lie and we all saw what you wrote.

w

Moves
09 Apr 09

You both do realize that while you bicker and fight my Reds are going down in flames to begin the year. As of now they are 0-2.

:'(

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
09 Apr 09

Originally posted by whodey
You both do realize that while you bicker and fight my Reds are going down in flames to begin the year. As of now they are 0-2.

:'(
That is the no1marauder kiss of death!!