Most exciting sports to watch

Most exciting sports to watch

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @roma45
I teach once a week
Two hours actually. So I don't hate teachers
You seem the type were you think your ideas are best. No matter what facts prove you wrong.
Must be a hard world you live in where you can't accept new ideas or other points of view.
No one hates teachers it probably just you they can't stand..
It's laughable you think you can suggest pumping iron will help ever sports person improve.
But you being you ignore everyone s opinion
I guess you can't either.

Yeah, I guess being quicker, faster and stronger doesn't really help athletes.

st johnstone

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
I guess you can't either.

Yeah, I guess being quicker, faster and stronger doesn't really help athletes.
Pumping iron does not make you quicker and faster
For the record quicker and faster are the same. Maybe you missed that lesson at school.
Being stronger is not much of an advantage in most sports.
Stronger normally results in being slower the odd case of both can happen now and again but it's not the norm

E

Moves
22 Oct 17
2 edits

Pumping iron does not make you quicker and faster
For the record quicker and faster are the same. Maybe you missed that lesson at school.
Being stronger is not much of an advantage in most sports.
Stronger normally results in being slower the odd case of both can happen now and again but it's not the norm
Perhaps using the lifting programs of the 1960's and 70's.

In modern training lifting is part of the program to improve speed and quickness.

Dead lift does not increade speed. Squat does not increase speed. Bench does not increase speed. These lifts increase general muscle mass which helps to make athletes more durable. One needs to develop both pushing and pulling muscle groups. So you can throw in curls and lat pull downs as well as leg curls.

If the sport requires overpowering another athlete general mass and power is helpful.

Cleans help to increase speed. All of the traditional Olympic style lifts increase explosive power.

Running while pulling a weighted sled helps to increase speed.

Plyometrics help to develop speed.

As I said, lifting is only part of the equation.

Name a sport where professional athletes do not lift weights as part of their training.

For the record, quicker has to do with explosive change in movement, while faster means maximum speed after one gets going.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Try reading this.

https://www.usab.com/youth/news/2010/03/how-to-improve-your-court-speed.aspx

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Yeah, I know, I'm just a know it all because I was trained in the late 80s and early 90s when this stuff was cutting edge. Now it is mainstream, but still well beyond the knowledge base rooted in the 60s.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
23 Oct 17

Yeah, I know, I'm just a know it all because I was trained in the late 80s and early 90s when this stuff was cutting edge. Now it is mainstream, but still well beyond the knowledge base rooted in the 60s.
I've never seen you as a know it all. Quite the reverse actually

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Oct 17

I teach once a week
Two hours actually. So I don't hate teachers
You seem the type were you think your ideas are best. No matter what facts prove you wrong.
Must be a hard world you live in where you can't accept new ideas or other points of view.
No one hates teachers it probably just you they can't stand..
It's laughable you think you can suggest pumping iron will help ever sports person improve.
But you being you ignore everyone s opinion
Yeah he's even burning bridges with his christian mates.

If only he had some point to make that showed he understood the content of others' posts.
Kinda feel a bit sorry for him ...

st johnstone

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Yeah he's even burning bridges with his christian mates.

If only he had some point to make that showed he understood the content of others' posts.
Kinda feel a bit sorry for him ...
I have no sympathy for those who stare at schoolgirls sprinting.
That's just weird.
Plus he thinks faster and quicker are different.
I can imagine he does the 8 minute abs workout in 5 minutes because he's so good.
The words wee and fanny come to mind

E

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @radioactive69
I've never seen you as a know it all. Quite the reverse actually
Roma sees me that way. I guess you need to feel sorry for him.

st johnstone

Moves
23 Oct 17

Roma sees me that way. I guess you need to feel sorry for him.
I am watching remember the titans right now
Not seen them pumping iron yet.

On again are you at the library? Or McDonald's?

E

Moves
23 Oct 17

http://core1inc.com/speed-vs-quickness-understanding-the-difference/

In any sport, both quickness and speed are important. Yet they are not identical skills.

Quickness is the athlete’s instant reaction and movement time when faced with an external stimuli. Think of an NFL cornerback eyeing the quarterback, and then making a lightning-fast decision to pursue a receiver to his left, rather than his right.

Speed, meanwhile, is generally viewed as a less stimuli-driven skill. Think of a track runner or, with our previous example, the wide receiver. For each of these athletes, yes, they are responding to a stimuli – the starting gun or the quarterback’s snap – but in each case their routes are generally well-defined. It’s only when a stimuli is introduced that quickness, rather than speed, enters the equation.

These details may seem insignificant but they have a profound impact on your training regimen. Our team of trainers will work with you to develop a personalized speed or quickness training program that helps you achieve optimal performance.

st johnstone

Moves
23 Oct 17

http://core1inc.com/speed-vs-quickness-understanding-the-difference/

In any sport, both quickness and speed are important. Yet they are not identical skills.

Quickness is the athlete’s instant reaction and movement time when faced with an external stimuli. Think of an NFL cornerback eyeing the quarterback, and then making a lightning-fast decision to ...[text shortened]... p a personalized speed or quickness training program that helps you achieve optimal performance.
Library or McDonald's
You stated you don't pay for internet access on your low pay.

So you must be out or talking nonsense

E

Moves
23 Oct 17

Library or McDonald's
You stated you don't pay for internet access on your low pay.

So you must be out or talking nonsense
I said I'm at the library.

E

Moves
23 Oct 17
1 edit

I am watching remember the titans right now
Not seen them pumping iron yet.

On again are you at the library? Or McDonald's?
You mean you are watching a football movie about a team from the early 1970's and they aren't lifting weights? Say it isn't so.

st johnstone

Moves
23 Oct 17

I said I'm at the library.
Are we playing cludo?

Now you have played or coached for 20+ years.
Have you ever seen any person or team trying to cheat?