31 Jan '10 13:48
    Can i buy a Federer shirt anywhere ?😀😀😀
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 20:33
    Originally posted by phil3000
    That was not total destruction but a lesson by a master to a worthy apprentice! Federer beat Murray roundly and soundly!
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 21:18
    My money will be on Murray next time as he is improving daily
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 21:36
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    My money will be on Murray next time as he is improving daily
    The kid's is only 22, has enormous potential and should only get better. He got a little blinded in the pressure lights of a major against a a master. I thought his chances would have been even had he not choked in that critical third set. Had Murray won set three the pressure/momentum would most definitely have shifted to Murray. had he then pulled of set four I would have thought Federer would have wilted in the heat agsint a younger player! Scotland in particular and UK in general has everything to be proud of and no shame in this loss!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 22:19
    Originally posted by phil3000
    yes but Murray wont be buying an England shirt, you can bet on that!
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 23:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes but Murray wont be buying an England shirt, you can bet on that!
    He wouldn't be able to buy one anyway...not with that Monopoly money you call a currency!

😉
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 00:25
    Originally posted by blade68
    He wouldn't be able to buy one anyway...not with that Monopoly money you call a currency!

😉
    Lol, you know i was once in Devon, Plymouth cause i was dating a girl there, beautiful English girl, Andrea Parsons, anyhow, there was this bakers and i went in and ordered cakes and rolls and stuff for there were many people in my friends home, i pulled out a Royal bank of Scotland twenty pound note, with the words sterling clearly written on it, and they refused to take it! i was livid, so i made them put all the stuff back and refused to pay for it. Robbie Carrobie 1, Plymouth bakers 0. but in reality i was really looking forward to those cakes 🙁
  8. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 16:42
    Lol, you know i was once in Devon, Plymouth cause i was dating a girl there, beautiful English girl, Andrea Parsons, anyhow, there was this bakers and i went in and ordered cakes and rolls and stuff for there were many people in my friends home, i pulled out a Royal bank of Scotland twenty pound note, with the words sterling clearly written on it, an ...[text shortened]... ie Carrobie 1, Plymouth bakers 0. but in reality i was really looking forward to those cakes 🙁
    It is ridiculous the number of people in England who don't realise Scottish money is valid here. On the other hand, I had a pub in Dundee refuse to accept an English twenty pound note - "too big a forgery risk" apparently.
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 18:32
    Originally posted by mtthw
    It is ridiculous the number of people in England who don't realise Scottish money is valid here. On the other hand, I had a pub in Dundee refuse to accept an English twenty pound note - "too big a forgery risk" apparently.
    Are you certain it wasn't anything do do with the accent or maybe revenge after he visited Devon/Plymouth area 😉
  10. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 09:551 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Are you certain it wasn't anything do do with the accent or maybe revenge after he visited Devon/Plymouth area 😉
    Could be 🙂. He seemed happy enough to accept "proper" money from me, though.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 12:36
    Lol, you know i was once in Devon, Plymouth cause i was dating a girl there, beautiful English girl, Andrea Parsons,
    what did you do to her you sick puppy?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=781548&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

😛
  12. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 13:57
    Isn't it odd how the title to this thread is about Murray and goes off on a tangent into a discussion about currency?😕

I hope Andy can take away the positives from this slam and build on it to make a good showing at Roland Garros.

Kudos to Fed for his consistently solid/excellent play when the chips are down.🙂
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 15:14
    Originally posted by monster truck
    Isn't it odd how the title to this thread is about Murray and goes off on a tangent into a discussion about currency?😕

no... not when you consider the thread was created by an englishman laughing at the fact a scot couldn't beat the best tennis player of all time in a slam final.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 15:371 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    the best tennis player of all time in a slam final.
    Who also is called Fed, for short.
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 20:54
    Originally posted by trev33
    no... not when you consider the thread was created by an englishman laughing at the fact a scot couldn't beat the best tennis player of all time in a slam final.
    Trev, i am "sticking the knife in" whilst i can !
    Come the world cup there will be plenty of Scots and Irish and Welsh and "on and on" laughing at us Englishmen when it all goes wrong !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree