1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 22:37
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Trev, i am "sticking the knife in" whilst i can !
    Come the world cup there will be plenty of Scots and Irish and Welsh and "on and on" laughing at us Englishmen when it all goes wrong !!
    i know what you're doing but considering the english media just love murray and he would've been the new god had he won.. you're a bit off here. where as if england get to the final of the world cup you'll still be a bunch of chumps in the eyes of the scots, irish and welsh πŸ˜›
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 23:46
    Come the world cup there will be plenty of Scots and Irish and Welsh and "on and on" laughing at us Englishmen when it all goes wrong !!
    Sticking the knife in because there are an abundance of top level english tennis players πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 00:061 edit
    getting the jitters already Phil me ol son? Its a wonderful thing to share in the tragedy of your victories and in the sheer joy of your defeats, Lol, there is nothing quite like it, believe it or not its as exciting for us as it is for you. Its actually nothing against our English cousins, whom we admire immensely, so please dont get us wrong, its just a cultural thang!
  4. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 12:41
    Originally posted by trev33
    i know what you're doing but considering the english media just love murray and he would've been the new god had he won.. you're a bit off here. where as if england get to the final of the world cup you'll still be a bunch of chumps in the eyes of the scots, irish and welsh πŸ˜›
    He should be the new good for making a couple of slam finals.
    If he continues to position himself for such opportunities, I think he will eventually breakthrough.
    Until then, the media will have a field day speculating.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 12:44
    Originally posted by monster truck
    If he continues to position himself for such opportunities, I think he will eventually breakthrough.
    Nah! Murray has the goods. What's between the ears and in the heart needs some steeling. He was beaten by the nerves of steel of a great champion and his one nerves betrayed him!
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 13:03
    Originally posted by monster truck
    well in the last 6 slam he has gotten to 2 finals losing in both to the best player ever.. i know nadel won a lot at an early age but murray took longer to develop, i've no doubt he'll win more than one in the future.... if he can win his first within 2 years. he can't compete on clay or grass against nadel or fed so i can only see him winning the us or aus open at the moment.

about fed... this may be his best chance to do the grand slam... if there's no nadel there's little competition at the french... i'd like to see him win a big 5 set match, he's lost his last few in major finals.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 13:46
    well in the last 6 slam he has gotten to 2 finals losing in both to the best player ever.. i know nadel won a lot at an early age but murray took longer to develop, i've no doubt he'll win more than one in the future.... if he can win his first within 2 years. he can't compete on clay or grass against nadel or fed so i can only see him winning the us or aus o ...[text shortened]... nch... i'd like to see him win a big 5 set match, he's lost his last few in major finals.
    i'd like to see him win a big 5 set match, he's lost his last few in major finals

16-14 against Roddick in the 5th at Wimbledon?!

I've just checked the stats, out of his 22 Grand Slam final appearances he's only ever been to 5 sets 5 times. Won 2 and lost 3.
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 15:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, you know i was once in Devon, Plymouth cause i was dating a girl there, beautiful English girl, Andrea ParsonsπŸ™
    There can't be many Andrea Parsons' in Devon. She's the one with the gruff voice and a moustache yeah?
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 15:50
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]i'd like to see him win a big 5 set match, he's lost his last few in major finals

16-14 against Roddick in the 5th at Wimbledon?!

I've just checked the stats, out of his 22 Grand Slam final appearances he's only ever been to 5 sets 5 times. Won 2 and lost 3.[/b]
    yeah i remembered wimbledon just after typing that but 2:3 isn't exactly a great record for the 'best player of all time' is it?
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 16:25
    yeah i remembered wimbledon just after typing that but 2:3 isn't exactly a great record for the 'best player of all time' is it?
    Maybe, but it's not that bad.

Of the six Grand Slam finals he's lost, 50% have gone to five sets. When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem quite so bad.

If you take out the two 5 set GS he's won, out of the remaining 14 wins he's only lost 5 sets.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 17:18
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Maybe, but it's not that bad.

Of the six Grand Slam finals he's lost, 50% have gone to five sets. When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem quite so bad.

If you take out the two 5 set GS he's won, out of the remaining 14 wins he's only lost 5 sets.
    that's my point.. only lost 5 sets in the others and a 2:3 record in 5 setters puts up a good argument that he can't handle it when it gets close.
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 18:56
    If England get to the final of the world cup ,we won't be "chumps"in the eyes of the Scots,welsh and Irish . It will be tears in the eyes ,by the bucket if we win ...:'(:'(:'(:'(
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 20:44
    If England get to the final of the world cup ,we won't be "chumps"in the eyes of the Scots,welsh and Irish . It will be tears in the eyes ,by the bucket if we win ...:'(:'(:'(:'(
    do i need to dip up for original post? you hate the scots because they hate the english yes? why do you think the scots and irish hate the english?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 23:471 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    There can't be many Andrea Parsons' in Devon. She's the one with the gruff voice and a moustache yeah?
    are you kidding? she was slim and blonde and very softly spoken and i miss her, but alas i was too stupid to realise a very good thing. :'(
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 23:561 edit
    do i need to dip up for original post? you hate the scots because they hate the english yes? why do you think the scots and irish hate the english?
    mmm they came and tried to subjugate our country, killed our queen, built army bases where they are not wanted, stole all our oil, made us listen to Jimmy hill and generally have behaved quite badly, but a part from that i think they are awesome! The history of Ireland from what i can remember from my highers was quite shameful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree