1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 May '08 23:061 edit
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    lol, I guess that makes sense, your a senile old man.
    And you're a young, loudmouth punk who doesn't know jack about ball.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 May '08 23:073 edits
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Rondo got blocked 10 times in the 7 game series, 5 blocks were by Josh Smith. Also, Rondo only took 10 free throw shots. So the stats are in favor of my argument.
    Link? Also have you given ANY thought that Rondo is at least 5 inches shorter than Kobe (thus easier to block) AND doesn't get preferential, superstar treatment?

The "high basketball IQ" of Kobe resulted in a 12-32 shooting performance in 2 games against the Hawks this year.

EDIT: According to the stats here, http://www.82games.com/0708/playoffs/07BOS1A.HTM

Rondo has attempted 87 shots (10.9 PG) in 8 playoff games and had 11 (13😵 blocked. Don't know where your made up stats came from.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 May '08 00:311 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Link? Also have you given ANY thought that Rondo is at least 5 inches shorter than Kobe (thus easier to block) AND doesn't get preferential, superstar treatment?

The "high basketball IQ" of Kobe resulted in a 12-32 shooting performance in 2 games against the Hawks this year.

EDIT: According to the stats here, http://www.82games.com/0708/p ...[text shortened]... in 8 playoff games and had 11 (13😵 blocked. Don't know where your made up stats came from.
    The above post was in response to your original, ridiculous claim:

mmm: Rajon Rondo runs to the rim and gets blocked 20 times by Josh Smith,

For the year, Rondo gets 8% of his shots blocked v. 4% of Kobe's. That's a function of shot selection (Kobe takes a much higher PCT of jumpers and dunks which get blocked at a far less PCT) and height.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    09 May '08 00:52

EDIT: According to the stats here, http://www.82games.com/0708/p ...[text shortened]... in 8 playoff games and had 11 (13😵 blocked. Don't know where your made up stats came from.
    I read the play-by-play from every game of the Celtics/Hawks series on ESPN.com. Its alright if you don't comprehend my arguments, your critical thinking skills have failed you in your old age. I really don't like repeating myself so I am not going to go into why Kobe shot 12-32 in two games versus the Hawks.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    09 May '08 00:57
    The above post was in response to your original, ridiculous claim:

mmm: Rajon Rondo runs to the rim and gets [b]blocked 20 times by Josh Smith,

For the year, Rondo gets 8% of his shots blocked v. 4% of Kobe's. That's a function of shot selection (Kobe takes a much higher PCT of jumpers and dunks which get blocked at a far less PCT) and height.[/b]
    Of course I was exaggerating, but I do think that I proved that the majority of Rondo's shots were blocked by Josh Smith.
  6. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:08
    Originally posted by 425lsu
    Name another starter from Memphis ... i know i cant. its different when you go to a place where there are big names. Besides its not Rondo's job to make 3 All-Stars better, thats not his job. What was Kobe doing in his second year of the NBA? Rondo does what he is supposed to do, thats why he earned the starting job and thats why he gets paid.

BTW Fish ...[text shortened]... who hits the big 3 when needed ... and i guess Fisher's big game last night was just a fluke?
    Geez Kobe was a starter his second season also. And just like Rondo, Kobe didn't have to be the leader in his second season. All I'm saying is don't even try to compare Rondo RIGHT NOW to Kobe Bryant cause he is not on the same level. Now the next 10 years may be a different story but right now Rondo is nowhere near Kobe's talent level.
  7. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:11
    If you're suggesting ala Bibby that I've suddenly "jumped on the Celtic bandwagon". then you couldn't be any more wrong. I was rooting for them when Bill Russell was still playing.
    I never said that. I was simply saying that I am going to defend MY TEAM before I defend anyone else. And to prove it I was giving you the background of how long I've liked the Lakers to show you that I'm not just jumping on the Lakers bandwagon because they are a GREAT team.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree