NBA Playoff Picks

NBA Playoff Picks

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
07 May 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Excuses are like what?
The Lakers played them a again a week later and Josh Smith had four more blocks, yet Kobe shot .500% and got to get an early rest after earning a big lead. Its a legitimate excuse troll.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 May 08
3 edits

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
The Lakers played them a again a week later and Josh Smith had four more blocks, yet Kobe shot .500% and got to get an early rest after earning a big lead. Its a legitimate excuse troll.
It's crybaby BS, homer. Josh Smith and the Hawks didn't do too well against the Celtics on the road either. When Kobe stinks it up, you have an excuse waiting. Rondo shot well over .500 in the games played in Boston against the Hawks; 21-39 to be exact. And his lack of a "high basketball IQ" didn't stop him from dishing out 30 assists in those games versus 1 (that's ONE) turnover.

J

Moves
08 May 08

It's crybaby BS, homer. Josh Smith and the Hawks didn't do too well against the Celtics on the road either. When Kobe stinks it up, you have an excuse waiting. Rondo shot well over .500 in the games played in Boston against the Hawks; 21-39 to be exact. And his lack of a "high basketball IQ" didn't stop him from dishing out 30 assists in those games versus 1 (that's ONE) turnover.
Now I'm not trying to argue or anything but sure we are going to stick up for Kobe and probably are going to come up with some excuse to defend him. But it seems like the only thing you want to do is make an excuse as to why someone else is better and why Kobe isn't that great when really you don't need to. As I've said before I FEEL Kobe is the best and most complete player in the league right now. And no matter who you point out to make Kobe look bad they are nowhere near the same caliber as him. If you put Kobe in Boston and Rondo in L.A. do you think Rondo would do so well. NO, Rondo is SURROUNDED by great players who give him the opportunity to look better. He's a good player but he's not great.

Moves
08 May 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
Now I'm not trying to argue or anything but sure we are going to stick up for Kobe and probably are going to come up with some excuse to defend him. But it seems like the only thing you want to do is make an excuse as to why someone else is better and why Kobe isn't that great when really you don't need to. As I've said before I FEEL Kobe is the be ...[text shortened]... layers who give him the opportunity to look better. He's a good player but he's not great.
and what do you call Pau Gasol and Derek Fisher? ... they arent just run of the mill players.

M

Moves
08 May 08

Unlike you, I actually watch the games so you have no idea what I am talking about when I say things about Rondo, Kidd, Kobe, and LeBron. You can keep nit picking at the stats and spinning them to your favor, but I was in no way talking about Rondo's playmaking ability when I was comparing him to Kobe.

M

Moves
08 May 08

Originally posted by 425lsu
and what do you call Pau Gasol and Derek Fisher? ... they arent just run of the mill players.
Of course they are solid players, quit trying to create arguments out of nothing.

J

Moves
08 May 08

Originally posted by 425lsu
Yes but Derek Fisher is nowhere near as good as Allen, Peirce or KG. You could possibly make an argument for Gasol being as good but it would be tough. Rondo doesn't make his teammates better, they make him better. Kobe makes his teammates better, INCLUDING Fisher and Gasol. Why do you think Gasol is putting up better numbers than he did in Memphis? Hmmm....I think it has something to do with Kobe Bryant, maybe not just him but he plays a BIG part in it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 May 08
1 edit

Unlike you, I actually watch the games so you have no idea what I am talking about when I say things about Rondo, Kidd, Kobe, and LeBron. You can keep nit picking at the stats and spinning them to your favor, but I was in no way talking about Rondo's playmaking ability when I was comparing him to Kobe.
Really? You said this:

hey, quick question; what is the difference between Rajon Rondo and Kobe Bryant? Rajon Rondo runs to the rim and gets blocked 20 times by Josh Smith, while Kobe stays patient, draws contact, and takes 23 frows. Don't bash Kobe for his high basketball iq; only the great players know how to get to the free throw line like that.

Seems to me you were saying Rondo was a dumb player and Kobe was a smart one. Why Kobe's numbers when playing against the same opponent aren't relevant is beyond me. And why Rondo's assists to turnover ratio in the playoffs isn't relevant to his "basketball IQ" is beyond me, too.

I accept that Kobe is a great player, possibly the best player in the league. I accept that Rondo isn't as good as Kobe. But you guys constant denigration of every player discussed who's not in a Laker uniform is appalling. Plus your claims are usually easily refuted by the facts; when you don't like them you call it "nitpicking".

I actually watch a lot of games though mostly Celtic ones. I watched the Celts demolish the Lakers twice in fact. Kobe shot 15-46 in those two games with only 10 rebounds and 6 assists. His "high basketball IQ" wasn't much in evidence and it didn't seem that he made his teammates "better" in those games.

J

Moves
08 May 08

Really? You said this:

hey, quick question; what is the difference between Rajon Rondo and Kobe Bryant? Rajon Rondo runs to the rim and gets blocked 20 times by Josh Smith, while Kobe stays patient, draws contact, and takes 23 frows. Don't bash Kobe for his high basketball iq; only the great players know how to get to the free throw line ...[text shortened]... vidence and it didn't seem that he made his teammates "better" in those games.
🙂 I wasn't bashing any players. Don't get me wrong, I like Rondo because I am a Wildcat fan and he was amazing when he played for Kentucky. And getting steals is what he made himself famous for in college because of his speed and his great hands. And if you think I like bashing anybody but Lakers players then read my most recent post where I stated that the big 3 in Boston were alot better than Fisher and possibly Gasol. I give credit where credit is due but I am going to stick up for my team before I stick up for anyone else. And in that regard I think you can at least agree that I'm a TRUE fan of my team and not one who will jump to a team that is doing good. If that were the case then I would have jumped on the Celtics bandwagon. As I've said I've been a Laker fan all my life, my dad was raised in southern Cali and he got me into basketball and the Lakers.

Moves
08 May 08

Yes but Derek Fisher is nowhere near as good as Allen, Peirce or KG. You could possibly make an argument for Gasol being as good but it would be tough. Rondo doesn't make his teammates better, they make him better. Kobe makes his teammates better, INCLUDING Fisher and Gasol. Why do you think Gasol is putting up better numbers than he did in Memphis ...[text shortened]... hink it has something to do with Kobe Bryant, maybe not just him but he plays a BIG part in it.
Name another starter from Memphis ... i know i cant. its different when you go to a place where there are big names. Besides its not Rondo's job to make 3 All-Stars better, thats not his job. What was Kobe doing in his second year of the NBA? Rondo does what he is supposed to do, thats why he earned the starting job and thats why he gets paid.

BTW Fisher to me is the same as Allen the guy who hits the big 3 when needed ... and i guess Fisher's big game last night was just a fluke?

M

Moves
08 May 08

Really? You said this:

hey, quick question; what is the difference between Rajon Rondo and Kobe Bryant? Rajon Rondo runs to the rim and gets blocked 20 times by Josh Smith, while Kobe stays patient, draws contact, and takes 23 frows. Don't bash Kobe for his high basketball iq; only the great players know how to get to the free throw line ...[text shortened]... vidence and it didn't seem that he made his teammates "better" in those games.
If you had watched the Celtics/Hawks series, you would have seen Josh Smith block Rondo the same way again and again, and the kid never learned from it and that is why he was so vulnerable to Marvin Williams' flagrant foul at the end of the series. The same thing could have happened to Kobe in game 1 of the Lakers/Jazz series as he too had a big time shot blocker in AK47 shadowing him the whole game, but he used his high basketball iq to get to the free throw line instead of getting blocked. Thats all I was saying, I wasn't saying that Rondo is a bad player. I was just saying that he rushes it just like all young players do. There is a difference between criticism and hating.

We will see how the Lakers do in June when it matters.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 May 08

If you had watched the Celtics/Hawks series, you would have seen Josh Smith block Rondo the same way again and again, and the kid never learned from it and that is why he was so vulnerable to Marvin Williams' flagrant foul at the end of the series. The same thing could have happened to Kobe in game 1 of the Lakers/Jazz series as he too had a big time s ...[text shortened]... erence between criticism and hating.

We will see how the Lakers do in June when it matters.
You must be insane. I watched the great bulk of the Celtic-Hawk series and, while there are no stats to prove it, I doubt that more than 2 or 3 of Smith's block were Rondo's shots. Rondo was going in for an easy layup and Williams tackled him; you're an imbecile to think that anything a player can do in that situation can protect him from a Flagrant 2 (Williams even got a suspension for it).
Anyone from Denver or Utah can throw Kobe to the floor at any time he goes for a layup and his supposed "high basketball IQ" ain't gonna prevent it. I know Kobe has NEVER had a shot blocked in his career, though (or at least that seems to be what you believe).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 May 08

🙂 I wasn't bashing any players. Don't get me wrong, I like Rondo because I am a Wildcat fan and he was amazing when he played for Kentucky. And getting steals is what he made himself famous for in college because of his speed and his great hands. And if you think I like bashing anybody but Lakers players then read my most recent post where I state ...[text shortened]... l my life, my dad was raised in southern Cali and he got me into basketball and the Lakers.
If you're suggesting ala Bibby that I've suddenly "jumped on the Celtic bandwagon". then you couldn't be any more wrong. I was rooting for them when Bill Russell was still playing.

M

Moves
08 May 08

You must be insane. I watched the great bulk of the Celtic-Hawk series and, while there are no stats to prove it, I doubt that more than 2 or 3 of Smith's block were Rondo's shots. Rondo was going in for an easy layup and Williams tackled him; you're an imbecile to think that anything a player can do in that situation can protect him from a Flagrant 2 (W ...[text shortened]... had a shot blocked in his career, though (or at least that seems to be what you believe).
Rondo got blocked 10 times in the 7 game series, 5 blocks were by Josh Smith. Also, Rondo only took 10 free throw shots. So the stats are in favor of my argument.

M

Moves
08 May 08

I was rooting for them when Bill Russell was still playing.
lol, I guess that makes sense, your a senile old man.