1. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 May '09 06:02
    hey no1, did you catch the BS Report (5/22/09)? ESPN's personal Laker and Celtic homer journalist team up for a podcast lol! It is pretty entertaining, Bill and J.A. actually do a good job keeping each other in check and have a good conversation on the NBA.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 May '09 23:06
    Haven't seen that one.

Lakers got hammered last night; it's down to a best 2 out of 3.

Cavs have their backs to the wall and face an almost must win situation in Orlando tonight. Somebody besides LeBron had better step up or all those nice Kobe-James puppet commercials are going to go to waste.
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    28 May '09 06:12
    "Excuse me BIRDMAN"
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    31 May '09 04:29
    Lakers in six
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 May '09 12:57
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Lakers in six
    I think the Lakers' soft front line is going to have a lot of problems with Howard, Lewis, and Turkoglu. The Magic did beat the Lakers both games in the regular season and this year, head to head during the season has proven to be a good predictor of playoff results.
  6. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    31 May '09 16:33
    The Lakers can use role players like Walton to get Howard in foul trouble. That softens up the line considerably
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 May '09 16:51
    Originally posted by badmoon
    The Lakers can use role players like Walton to get Howard in foul trouble. That softens up the line considerably
    Walton doesn't get close enough to the basket to get Howard in foul trouble.
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    31 May '09 17:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Walton doesn't get close enough to the basket to get Howard in foul trouble.
    Well he can if used in that capacity. Really, does he have much other value?
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:25
    I think the Lakers' soft front line is going to have a lot of problems with Howard, Lewis, and Turkoglu. The Magic did beat the Lakers both games in the regular season and this year, head to head during the season has proven to be a good predictor of playoff results.
    During the 2006-07 regular season the Cleveland Lebron's swept the Spurs 2-0. Come NBA Finals, the Spurs swept the Lebron's 4-0. Besides, Jameer Nelson is questionable for the Finals and he was a major reason why Orlando swept the Lakers in the regular season. As for the Lakers' "soft front line," Pau Gasol has averaged a solid 18 pts 12 rebs 2 blks vs the physical front lines of Denver and Houston and I expect him to carry out those solid performances vs the "extremely" physical front line of Orlando whose star forwards, Turkoglu and Lewis, are afraid to post up, even when a 6-3 player is guarding them.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:321 edit
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    During the 2006-07 regular season the Cleveland Lebron's swept the Spurs 2-0. Come NBA Finals, the Spurs swept the Lebron's 4-0. Besides, Jameer Nelson is questionable for the Finals and he was a major reason why Orlando swept the Lakers in the regular season. As for the Lakers' "soft front line," Pau Gasol has averaged a solid 18 pts 12 rebs 2 blks ards, Turkoglu and Lewis, are afraid to post up, even when a 6-3 player is guarding them.
    Yeah, 2006-07 is THIS YEAR!

Yup, Gasol is a dominating force. NOT! I notice Laker fans have very little to say about Bynum this year; his absence was many LA fans' excuse for why the Celts took them apart in the Finals last year.

Turk and Lewis prefer to knock down outside shots, including 3s (something the Denver big men couldn't do). Good luck with Lamar Odom, Ariza and Walton using their "defensive skills" to contain them.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 02:22
    Yeah, 2006-07 is THIS YEAR!

Yup, Gasol is a dominating force. NOT! I notice Laker fans have very little to say about Bynum this year; his absence was many LA fans' excuse for why the Celts took them apart in the Finals last year.

Turk and Lewis prefer to knock down outside shots, including 3s (something the Denver big men couldn't d ...[text shortened]... Good luck with Lamar Odom, Ariza and Walton using their "defensive skills" to contain them.
    "Yeah, 2006-07 is THIS YEAR!" I am just showing that the regular season isn't all that important. I think that was your argument too after the Lakers swept the Celtics in the regular season, but I guess that argument is no longer convenient for you to use Spin Doctor.

"Yup, Gasol is a dominating force. NOT!" Umm yea, 18 and 12 are average numbers for a big man.

"I notice Laker fans have very little to say about Bynum this year." Well yea a lot of people have been disappointed in his play since he hasn't got the big numbers this postseason; but than again he is coming off that MCL injury and his lateral quickness isn't 100% right now. But despite these drawbacks, I think he did a solid job defensively against Yao and he showed some signs offensively vs Nene. If he can make Howard work harder than he did against Z, I'll be happy.

"Good luck with Lamar Odom, Ariza, and Walton using their "defensive skills" to contain them." Ron Artest and Melo also like to shoot 3s and I think Ariza did a solid job containing them and disrupting their rhythm. I also think that Orlando doesn't have an answer for Odom. We'll see if Lamar and Phil exploit this advantage.
  12. Joined
    01 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 04:34
    two things:lebron is a baby and the cavs suck. end of story.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree