1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 May '09 15:16
    A game with 89 foul shots and the NBA admits its officials were wrong NOT to call one foul? Looks like the Mavs are toast.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 May '09 22:02
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Well the Hawks aren't pushing the Cav's second round bye to seven games, so your predictions may still go awry, which you should take as a good omen if you want your Celtics to advance. I actually wouldn't mind if the Celtics evened up the series tomorrow as this year's second round has been lacking of drama besides the Rockets/Lakers series that seems to be in the books now that Yao is out.
    The Rockets added a little more drama to the second round by dominating the Lakers in Game 4.
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    10 May '09 22:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Rockets added a little more drama to the second round by dominating the Lakers in Game 4.
    yup i guess you got to be careful what you wish for
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 May '09 21:50
    Well the Hawks aren't pushing the Cav's second round bye to seven games, so your predictions may still go awry, which you should take as a good omen if you want your Celtics to advance. I actually wouldn't mind if the Celtics evened up the series tomorrow as this year's second round has been lacking of drama besides the Rockets/Lakers series that seems to be in the books now that Yao is out.
    Celts certainly produced a little drama last night.

We'll see if the Hawks and Mavs can at least put one on the board tonight before going under.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 May '09 13:56
    Two Game 7s on Sunday. That the Celts and Magic will go the distance is no surprise but that the Lakers have been blown out twice by the Yao-less Rockets is a bit of a shock.

I'll still be stunned if the Lakers don't advance. I'd rate the Magic-Celt game as a tossup; the Magic have favorable match ups all over the court and the Celts, esp. Ray Allen, look a bit wore down. But the Celts have home court and the ability to make the big play at the end. Might be another classic.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 May '09 16:25
    Two Game 7s on Sunday. That the Celts and Magic will go the distance is no surprise but that the Lakers have been blown out twice by the Yao-less Rockets is a bit of a shock.

I'll still be stunned if the Lakers don't advance. I'd rate the Magic-Celt game as a tossup; the Magic have favorable match ups all over the court and the Celts, esp. R ...[text shortened]... ts have home court and the ability to make the big play at the end. Might be another classic.
    It was a 1 point game with 4 or so minutes left as I was able to listen on radio. Said best, "These series are incredible, I'm not sure my heart can take it".

Amazing.

I was bummed out to find they couldn't pull it off last night.

P-
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    18 May '09 04:01
    Lakers over Denver in 5

Cleveland over Orlando in 6
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 May '09 12:58
    I'm so happy I was able to predict that the Celtics would be eliminated in a Game 7 at home by the Magic. Better players on the floor trumped home court.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 May '09 00:59
    Denver upsets the Lakers in 6

Cavs in 7 over the Magic
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 May '09 04:25
    Denver upsets the Lakers in 6
    lol wishful thinking
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 May '09 13:44
    lol wishful thinking
    Not at all; I really don't care either way. The Nuggets have been playing better ball in the playoffs so far.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 May '09 20:41
    Give me the Cavs to get the fo' fo' fo'.
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    23 May '09 08:37
    wow what a shot by Lebron
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 May '09 14:24
    wow what a shot by Lebron
    I cannot believe that the Magic didn't put two guys on him on the inbounds. Stan Van Gundy is one of the worst coaches in the league.
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 May '09 05:00
    I cannot believe that the Magic didn't put two guys on him on the inbounds. Stan Van Gundy is one of the worst coaches in the league.
    yea it was bad defense, one of the talking heads mentioned that Pietrus should have shut the passing window to Lebron after Sasha went to half court, but still you have to give Lebron props for knocking down that shot. He was under incredible pressure to do so, if he didn't make it then the media would be calling him Lebronze the choker and talking about that "crab dibble" he committed a couple plays earlier and alluding to the 4 game sweep in the finals a couple years ago. But since he made it the media is spinning it that he purged Cleveland of all the bad karma they received from Jordan's shot over Ehlo; oh and they are also using it as evidence that Lebron has surpassed Kobe! lol, not yet...not yet. But anyways, these last five conference finals games have been amazing haven't they?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree