will this be the year for cavs?
  2. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 03:38
    Originally posted by MrMartin
    will this be the year for cavs?
    The real basketball season is over. Congrats to UNC for winning it.
  3. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 03:42
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    The real basketball season is over. Congrats to UNC for winning it.
    right on dude. UNC rocks. not taking anything away from Mich St. they played well also. definately righteous playoff season for ncaa. bout time man
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 08:25
    no, but this will be the year Lebron gets his first MVP
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 10:43
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    no, but this will be the year Lebron gets his first MVP
    That seems a given. The Cavs and Lakers will be heavy favorites to make the Finals and the Lakers will be favored to win (as they were last year).

Orlando's shocking home loss to the Knicks tonight virtually assures the Celts of #2 seed in the East. But the Celts look to have too many questions health wise to have a good chance to beat the Cavs though you never know.

What team, if any, in the West do you think has the best chance of challenging your Lakers? Houston?
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 13:46
    Houston is starting to put it together now. Utah will also be a force I think. Losing Ginobli hurt the Spurs, but they still have enough firepower to be dangerous.
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '09 00:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What team, if any, in the West do you think has the best chance of challenging your Lakers? Houston?
    Portland, Utah, and San Antonio are the biggest threats. I am not that worried about Dallas, New Orleans, and Houston; though every series should be tough.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '09 13:29
    Portland, Utah, and San Antonio are the biggest threats. I am not that worried about Dallas, New Orleans, and Houston; though every series should be tough.
    It's looks highly likely the Lakers will face the Jazz in the first round. Earlier in the year, I would have looked at this as a major test, but Utah's been playing poorly lately and I don't think they have much of a chance against LA. Nor can I see San Antonio winning the West without Manu. I think Portland and Houston are the biggest threats to the Lakers in the West though at this point I expect LA to be back in the Finals.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 01:41
    It's looks highly likely the Lakers will face the Jazz in the first round. Earlier in the year, I would have looked at this as a major test, but Utah's been playing poorly lately and I don't think they have much of a chance against LA. Nor can I see San Antonio winning the West without Manu. I think Portland and Houston are the biggest threats to the Lakers in the West though at this point I expect LA to be back in the Finals.
    so is KG still injured or are they saving him for the PO
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 12:31
    so is KG still injured or are they saving him for the PO
    Doc says he'll play in the last regular season game. Whether he'll be anywhere near 100% in the playoffs is doubtful. Leon Powe's been out a month, too and won't be back until at least the playoffs and possibly not even then. Without both of them playing near their usual ability, I don't like our chances of getting past the second round. Even if they were healthy, the Cavs are a tall order this year.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 20:06
    Time for 1st round predictions:

Cleveland, Boston and Orlando will all win comfortably; I pick all in 5. The Heat have been a good story this year, but I think the Hawks, a young, energetic team with valuable playoff experience, will prevail in 6.

The Lakers will beat the Jazz, but they've been a little too smug lately and it's still tough to win in SLC. I'll predict it goes 7.

There's gotta be an upset somewhere; I'll take CP3 and the Hornets to oust the Nuggets in 7.

The Spurs don't have Manu and look shaky and the Mavs have been playing well as of late. But it's still the playoffs where SA overachieves and Dallas underachieves; the Spurs in 6.

Houston and Portland is an interesting series with the two teams in the West that I think have the best shot of knocking off LA. The Blazers have been hot and I think they'll advance in 6.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 20:151 edit
    The west is considerably harder to pick than the east this year. Here goes:

Boston over Chicago in 5
    Cleveland over Detroit in 4
    Orlando over Philly in 7
    Miami over Atlanta in 7

San Antone over Dallas in 7
    Portland over Houston in 6
    Lakers over Utah in 6
    Denver over New Orleans in 6

Yep, I took all the favourites. If I were to go with an upset, I think Philly could possibly oust the Magic and the Mavs could take out the Spurs.
  13. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 20:20
    Time for 1st round predictions:

Cleveland, Boston and Orlando will all win comfortably; I pick all in 5. The Heat have been a good story this year, but I think the Hawks, a young, energetic team with valuable playoff experience, will prevail in 6.

The Lakers will beat the Jazz, but they've been a little too smug lately and ...[text shortened]... est shot of knocking off LA. The Blazers have been hot and I think they'll advance in 6.
    Don't underestimate the power of basketball's biggest jinx (Tracy McGrady) being injured and not playing in the first round for Houston. Who knows, without McGrady, Houston may sweep through the playoffs undefeated! 🙂
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 22:331 edit
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    Don't underestimate the power of basketball's biggest jinx (Tracy McGrady) being injured and not playing in the first round for Houston. Who knows, without McGrady, Houston may sweep through the playoffs undefeated! 🙂
    Agreed. The Rockets are playing pretty well and they have depth. I think they will handle Portland by badgering LaMarcus Aldredge. He'll get his points, but he won't beat them.

Edit: While I am not claiming Houston will win the championship (it could happen, but I am not predicting it), wouldn't it be funny if McGrady finally gets a ring, without even suiting up?
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 22:561 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The west is considerably harder to pick than the east this year. Here goes:

Boston over Chicago in 5
    Cleveland over Detroit in 4
    Orlando over Philly in 7
    Miami over Atlanta in 7

San Antone over Dallas in 7
    Portland over Houston in 6
    Lakers over Utah in 6
    Denver over New Orleans in 6

Yep, I took all the favourites. If I were to go with an upset, I think Philly could possibly oust the Magic and the Mavs could take out the Spurs.
    Front runner.

Most of the year I thought Philly would be a dangerous team in the playoffs, but they've looked pathetic down the stretch.

Is Miami really favored over Atlanta?

BTW, didn't you pick the Raptors to win the East?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree