1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '13 23:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Let's get it rolling:

NFC:

Packers over Vikings - Vikes squeezed out a close win at home against the Pack to make the playoffs, but have to travel and face the Cheeseheads next week. I think the Packers win by a fair margin.

Redskins over Seahawks - I have a feeling that the RG III train won't stop without at least one playoff win. Seattle isn't ...[text shortened]... ason. They have playmakers on both sides of the ball and I think they will be too much for Indy.
    * AFC: Colts (Colts to win it all, without Manning)
    * NFC: Vikings

Note: AFC Ravens and NFC Packers I rank second.
    Broncos and Seahawks sixth in each conference.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 00:07
    I will go with the following:

Packers over the Vikings
    Seattle in a close game over the Redskins
    Texans over the Bengals
    Colts over the Ravens - this is a coin flip game I think. With Suggs out and Lewis
    diminished, I think the kid pulls off some magic here.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 00:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Ravens

And the last one is somewhat emotional for me. As a former Bungs fan, I can say that I see no future with their current owner Mike Brown. In fact, Mike Brown owns the longest record for not winning a playoff game in the NFL. In fact, since 1990, when he took over the team, he has not won a single playoff game. As a result, it ...[text shortened]... owns.

As a result, I predict the Bungs to win just this one time just so he can spite me. 😛
    Thanks whodey. 😉
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Thanks whodey. 😉
    Deep down I knew they would lose. I just felt the need to give them a little nudge.

I heard on the radio that the Bungs have not had a playoff win on the road in their history. This is truly an accomplishment unsurpassed in NFL history.

Thanks Mike Brown.

As for the rest of the games, I could really care less. I just wanted to see the Bungs lose in order to secure Mike Browns legacy to be intact.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 02:10
    * NFC: Vikings

That's one!
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 02:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]* NFC: Vikings

That's one![/b]
    The Vikings are losing and I doubt they can win without ponder and even then ponder had to play well. I counted on ponder stepping up when I picked the Vikes but it looks truly hopeless now.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 02:28
    Originally posted by tomtom232

The Vikings are losing and I doubt they can win without ponder and even then ponder had to play well. I counted on ponder stepping up when I picked the Vikes but it looks truly hopeless now.
    Messed up. Took the Viking in a Private CBSS 'Bragging Rights' Pool with my son, two of his children and five friends (three of them RHP Buddies).
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 05:27
    You've got the redskins picked because you don't want the Hawks and Niners to meet in the playoffs. 😛

Vikings
    Seahawks
    Bengals
    Ravens ( I want to pick the Colts to win but I don't think they can pull it off against a ravens team that has a good defense with an offense that is explosive when flacco plays well, and he should against the Colts secondary.)
    Damn...0-2 today huh?
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 12:39
    Damn...0-2 today huh?
    Yeah well I picked the Vikings before I knew ponder was out plus my dream matchup is a hawks vikings game so that I could go to a home playoff game.

No upsets today so that means the Skins or the Colts are winning tomorrow so I might go an abysmal 1-3.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 13:58
    Packers looked good. Texans were unimpressive. I cannot see Houston winning in New England next week.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 15:58
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Packers looked good. Texans were unimpressive. I cannot see Houston winning in New England next week.
    While I agree with your assessment, I should point out you also didn't see the Texans
    winning yesterday. If the Texans play like they are capable of playing, they can beat New England.
    However, if they play like they have been for the last month, they will not.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 16:00
    Yeah well I picked the Vikings before I knew ponder was out plus my dream matchup is a hawks vikings game so that I could go to a home playoff game.

No upsets today so that means the Skins or the Colts are winning tomorrow so I might go an abysmal 1-3.
    Are you kidding?? Does Ponder play defense for Minnesota as well??
    Do you really believe Ponder would have lit up the GB defense too?
    Grab a shovel, it is getting deep in here.

I just hope the seahawks don't spit the bit today so I look bad for picking them.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 16:23
    Are you kidding?? Does Ponder play defense for Minnesota as well??
    Do you really believe Ponder would have lit up the GB defense too?
    Grab a shovel, it is getting deep in here.

I just hope the seahawks don't spit the bit today so I look bad for picking them.
    Are you serious? Just the week before, the Vikings put over 30 points on the board. QB is the single most important position on a football team.

Webb played disastrous and was probably the single biggest reason the Pack was able to keep AD in check. Ponder had been playing well in his last 4 weeks of football.

The Minn defense played well until they had to play for one too many minutes. Come on maaannn, holding any team to 24 isn't half bad.

Most people favored the pack because it was a home game, yet the pack just won ther second home playoff game with Rodgers under center.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 16:59
    Are you serious? Just the week before, the Vikings put over 30 points on the board. QB is the single most important position on a football team.

Webb played disastrous and was probably the single biggest reason the Pack was able to keep AD in check. Ponder had been playing well in his last 4 weeks of football.

The Minn defense played well until they ...[text shortened]... was a home game, yet the pack just won ther second home playoff game with Rodgers under center.
    Explain that to the Texans LAST season when T.J. Yates led them to a playoff win
    after not having started a game all season, and getting minimal mop up work.

Minnesota is one dimensional. Remove Adrian Peterson from the line-up, and Ponder
    isn't taking that team anywhere.

Webb has more talent than Ponder, but less experience.

But you stick to your guns skippy...and tell Wilson not to choke it up today.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 18:201 edit

The Minn defense played well until they was a home game, yet the pack just won ther second home playoff game with Rodgers under center.
    The two teams played on December 2 in Green Bay and Ponder was 12 for 25 for only 119 yards with 1 TD and 2 INTs. There's little reason to think his presence yesterday would have made much of a difference. Green Bay obviously took their hands off the throttle after taking a 24-3 lead early in the third or they probably could have scored more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree