1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 19:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The two teams played on December 2 in Green Bay and Ponder was 12 for 25 for only 119 yards with 1 TD and 2 INTs. There's little reason to think his presence yesterday would have made much of a difference. Green Bay obviously took their hands off the throttle after taking a 24-3 lead early in the third or they probably could have scored more.
    They were trying to score, it wasn't as urgent but the starters were still in.

There is no reason to think ponder would have won the game but he is obviously better than Webb and there is no reason to think he couldn't have contributed like he did last Sunday. Webb couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if his life depended on it.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 19:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Explain that to the Texans LAST season when T.J. Yates led them to a playoff win
    after not having started a game all season, and getting minimal mop up work.

Minnesota is one dimensional. Remove Adrian Peterson from the line-up, and Ponder
    isn't taking that team anywhere.

Webb has more talent than Ponder, but less experience.

But you stick to your guns skippy...and tell Wilson not to choke it up today.
    Webb isn't even more talented than my mom. He is an athlete but he is not a quarterback and never will be a quarterback and that's the difference, Webb makes TJ Yates look like a future first ballot HOF'er.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 19:32
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Webb isn't even more talented than my mom. He is an athlete but he is not a quarterback and never will be a quarterback and that's the difference, Webb makes TJ Yates look like a future first ballot HOF'er.
    Your mom is probably smarter than you too!!!
  4. Joined
    03 Dec '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 02:21
    A fairly easy week to pick.. next week will be a lot more interesting IMO.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 16:16
    Originally posted by bolty
    A fairly easy week to pick.. next week will be a lot more interesting IMO.
    I agree I thought last week was fairly predictable and this week there are a couple of challenges. Mostly in the NFC.

I think the AFC is going to be the Broncos and Pats. NFC I think is more evenly matched.

But I'm going with:

Broncos
    Pats
    49ers
    Seahawks

Toughest call for me is the Seahawks but I just don't think the Falcons are quite as good as their record and the Seahawks have been very impressive.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 16:19
    They were trying to score, it wasn't as urgent but the starters were still in.

There is no reason to think ponder would have won the game but he is obviously better than Webb and there is no reason to think he couldn't have contributed like he did last Sunday. Webb couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if his life depended on it.
    No they didn't pull the starters but Rodgers only threw 6 passes after the first possession in the third and only one went deep. Obviously they were content to avoid any mistakes esp. turnovers that were the only way the Vikes could have gotten back in the game.

I got the close games wrong; both the Texan and Seahawk defenses dominated more than I thought. They get tougher tests next week.
  7. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 17:16
    LOL @ Tomtom's excuses for picking the Vikes.

Anyways, round two:

Broncos and Pats, obviously

Packers in a close game that should be every bit as entertaining as the last game.

Seahawks in a not-so-close game. Talk of this team being bad on the road is now officially unfounded. This team is as complete as any other team save the Broncos.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 18:121 edit
    Originally posted by Ullr
    I agree I thought last week was fairly predictable and this week there are a couple of challenges. Mostly in the NFC.

I think the AFC is going to be the Broncos and Pats. NFC I think is more evenly matched.

But I'm going with:

Broncos
    Pats
    49ers
    Seahawks

Toughest call for me is the Seahawks but I just don't think the Falcons are quite as good as their record and the Seahawks have been very impressive.
    I am going to pick all the Home teams this time.

I am 2-2.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 20:29
    Originally posted by Zamboner

Anyways, round two:

Packers in a close game that should be every bit as entertaining as the last game.

Seahawks in a not-so-close game. Talk of this team being bad on the road is now officially unfounded. This team is as complete as any other team save the Broncos.
    I agree with all the picks but the last. Matty Ice is tough at home and I'm still not sold on the Seattle offense which really struggled in the red zone. I think the Falcons will prevail.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 20:40
    Originally posted by Zamboner

Anyways, round two:

At least somebody laughs.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 22:39
    Patriots
    Ravens- this is my upset. I don't know the line for the seahawks game but I'm positive they're being underestimated again and I wouldn't see it as an upset... More like two good teams duking it out with the better defense being crucial to the final outcome.
    Seahawks
    49ers
  12. Joined
    03 Dec '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 22:56
    pats
    team manning
    hawks
    SF
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 22:57
    Patriots
    Ravens- this is my upset. I don't know the line for the seahawks game but I'm positive they're being underestimated again and I wouldn't see it as an upset... More like two good teams duking it out with the better defense being crucial to the final outcome.
    Seahawks
    49ers
    The Pats and Broncos are 9.5 point favorites.

The Niners are favored by 3. The Falcons by only 1.http://www.thespread.com/nfl-articles/010713-2013-nfl-divisional-playoff-point-spread-odds-a-overunder-totals?tmpl=component&layout=default&page=
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 00:05
    I will take the following, while trailing the three leaders at 3-1:

Patriots - But I would be delighted to be wrong here and I will cheer for the Texans

Broncos - Peyton dominates the Ravens

49'ers - This may be the best of all 4 games

Falcons - Because I am tired of hearing about Seattle.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 21:31
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I will take the following, while trailing the three leaders at 3-1:

Patriots - But I would be delighted to be wrong here and I will cheer for the Texans

Broncos - Peyton dominates the Ravens

49'ers - This may be the best of all 4 games

Falcons - Because I am tired of hearing about Seattle.
    Good picks but you know in your heart that the hawks are gonna win. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree