NFL Playoff Prediction Thread

NFL Playoff Prediction Thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Jan 13

Round #2: Denver; Green Bay; Seattle; and Houston (bet the barn the but not the house).

Houston, Texas

Moves
11 Jan 13

Let's see if I can continue my perfection 4-0 in picking the first round. For this round:

Denver
Green Bay
Atlanta
Texans

t

Moves
11 Jan 13

Nate Silver predicts Seahawks vs Patriots rematch.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1480341-nate-silver-predicts-patriots-seahawks-in-super-bowl-xlvii-other-afc-east-news

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Jan 13

Originally posted by tomtom232
Nate Silver predicts Seahawks vs Patriots rematch.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1480341-nate-silver-predicts-patriots-seahawks-in-super-bowl-xlvii-other-afc-east-news
There are a bunch of predictions out there.

You finally found one you like? 😛

t

Moves
11 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
There are a bunch of predictions out there.

You finally found one you like? 😛
Its notable because it is a Nate Silver prediction. I would have posted it regardless of who he picked in the SB.

And no, because I believe there are more experts predicting a Hawks win than thos picking a Falcons win so it wouldn't be hard for me to find favorable predicitions.

This game really reminds me of the 2005 Seahawks vs Steelers SB when the hawks were soft but explosive on offense going up against a punch you in the mouth steelers team with a young talented QB... the Steelers won BUT there were definitely some unfavorable calls in the game like it or not, who knows who wins if the calls are different I'm over that. This game is only like that one on the surface as the matchups are completely different.

I find it funny that people think their bigger yet slower recievers are a prime time matchup vs our DBs... I mean the whole philosophy of our CBs is to be physical to disrupt the timing of QB to WR and actually be able to keep up with fast recievers so when they take on recievers that aren't any faster than they are you would think they'd have an easier time. I, personally think the bigger match up in the passing game is Gonzales vs the whole middle of the field as that has been our biggest weakness throughout the year but if Seattle proves to be able to handle man v man on the outside and they can stuff the run game (including the quick screens Atlanta likes to throw) then they can bring up an extra guy to help against Tony which would completely shut down the Atlanta offense, I don't expect a complete shutdown and Atlanta's playmakers will put up points but if Atlanta doesn't get in to the high 20s to 30s range then I don't think they can win this game.

Houston, Texas

Moves
11 Jan 13

Its notable because it is a Nate Silver prediction. I would have posted it regardless of who he picked in the SB.
True, that is the god Nate Silver.

t

Moves
11 Jan 13

Originally posted by moon1969
True, that is the god Nate Silver.
He is highly accurate yet not perfect so he is not yet a prediction god... He's just probably the best out there right now.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Jan 13

He is highly accurate yet not perfect so he is not yet a prediction god... He's just probably the best out there right now.
By whose definition???

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Jan 13

And no, because I believe there are more experts predicting a Hawks win than thos picking a Falcons win so it wouldn't be hard for me to find favorable predicitions.

This game really reminds me of the 2005 Seahawks vs Steelers SB when the ...[text shortened]... a doesn't get in to the high 20s to 30s range then I don't think they can win this game.
Um, Roddy White and Julio Jones are slow?

Tony Gonzales may be the best that ever played the TE position.

Jacquizz Rogers out of the backfield is slow??

I don't know, it looks like a pretty formidable receiving corps to me.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Jan 13

Dance with the daring, Seahawks and Broncos.

t

Moves
12 Jan 13

Um, Roddy White and Julio Jones are slow?

Tony Gonzales may be the best that ever played the TE position.

Jacquizz Rogers out of the backfield is slow??

I don't know, it looks like a pretty formidable receiving corps to me.
I said slower, not slow. They aren't as fast as pierre garcon and santana moss they are bigger and I said the biggest matchup was Tony G vs the middle of our defense which has been our weak spot.

What I said was I think that our DBs can go man v man on the outside and bring in help to cover gonzales and our defense is smart enough and fast enough to cope with the screen look. I didn't say this is a guarantee but I think if the Hawks keep the falcons to mid 20s or lower at the least then they have the best shot to win... Basically I don't think the Falcons can stop the Hawks from scoring and winning the possession battle which doesn't bode well but their offense is explosive and can strike from anywhere on the field if the Seahawks slip and so they can score a lot of points with very little possession time.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Jan 13

I said slower, not slow. They aren't as fast as pierre garcon and santana moss they are bigger and I said the biggest matchup was Tony G vs the middle of our defense which has been our weak spot.

What I said was I think that our DBs can go man v man on the outside and bring in help to cover gonzales and our defense is smart enough and fast enough to co ...[text shortened]... if the Seahawks slip and so they can score a lot of points with very little possession time.
How big a factor is the loss of Cleamons? He did lead the team in sacks. The line seemed to go from Falcons -1 to -2.5 immediately after it was announced he was lost for the season.

Also your kicker got IRed and you'll have Ryan Longwell, who didn't play in the NFL this year, in that role. Cause for concern?

s

Moves
12 Jan 13

Broncos
Green Bay
Seahawks
Patriots

t

Moves
12 Jan 13

Originally posted by no1marauder
How big a factor is the loss of Cleamons? He did lead the team in sacks. The line seemed to go from Falcons -1 to -2.5 immediately after it was announced he was lost for the season.

Also your kicker got IRed and you'll have Ryan Longwell, who didn't play in the NFL this year, in that role. Cause for concern?
It is a cause for concern that Clemmons is down but not because Irvin can't step up, its a hit to our depth at that position and its more of a concern who can take Irvin's spot as he fills in at the leo end position but that isn't a huge problem. I'm not going to be the one who makes pre or post game injury excuses.

I'm not too worried about the kicker, he has been on a superbowl winning team and he nailed a 55 yarder in workouts right through the middle so he can hit em but most importantly, he can do kickoffs since that is what haushka was unable to do in the last game even though he still kicked field goals.

t

Moves
12 Jan 13

By whose definition???
By any sane person who realizes that the guy who makes the most accurate predictions is probably the best at making predictions. Huh, strange how that works isn't it?