No question that the USA is now the....

No question that the USA is now the....

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by Lundos
Don't you have like a gazillion channels over there? It must be possible to find something other than Lacrosse, which btw is fun to play, and America got Talent. Otherwise I'm sure someone here know some live stream links.
I've got what we call basic cable... 4 sport channels, History, Discovery, Spike, our regular network stations and a few others.

2 kids, car and house payments say I can't spend the extra 50 or so bucks a month for the extended stuff.

P-

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by Sikora
Most athletic country. Soccer isn't even in our top THREE of main sports. Basketball, Football, and Baseball being the three most popular.

So when our probably fourth or fifth most popular sports dominates other countries and is one of the top teams in the World Cup, that's pretty sad. Especially when all these other countries that's the only sport they actually do.
Come back when you understand the offside rule and realise that referee errors are not a threat to your national security.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I've got what we call basic cable... 4 sport channels, History, Discovery, Spike, our regular network stations and a few others.

2 kids, car and house payments say I can't spend the extra 50 or so bucks a month for the extended stuff.

P-
Dude, I have only 4 channels in total.

Satellite TV etc. is way overrated*.

* I'm not allowed to get it, as my wife believes I'll just watch sport 24/7. She may be right...

SS

Moves
23 Jun 10
1 edit

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by Sikora
Most athletic country. Soccer isn't even in our top THREE of main sports. Basketball, Football, and Baseball being the three most popular.

So when our probably fourth or fifth most popular sports dominates other countries and is one of the top teams in the World Cup, that's pretty sad. Especially when all these other countries that's the only sport they actually do.
Yes, Sikora, this 1-0 victory over the mighty Algeria proves it.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by Crowley
Dude, I have only 4 channels in total.

Satellite TV etc. is way overrated*.

* I'm not allowed to get it, as my wife believes I'll just watch sport 24/7. She may be right...
People still pay subscription fees for TV? If I can't get something on the ol' Freeview then it's usually available on the internet for free.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
People still pay subscription fees for TV? If I can't get something on the ol' Freeview then it's usually available on the internet for free.
Hey, we only got affordable uncapped Internet here now.

M

Moves
23 Jun 10
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
field hockey, handball, water polo, and indoor volleyball are all olympic team sports and the USA usually doesn't get medals in them (except sometimes in volleyball and rarely in water polo).

and in both of the world baseball classics, Japan was the winner. The USA failed to even make the finals in either of them.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
23 Jun 10

It's wonderful to see sides likes the USA and Korea, South and North, playing with such passion. I only hope that the North Korean team is exempt from reeducation.

silicon valley

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Actually I'd love to see it on TV, they just don't seem to air any. I can watch Lacrosse all day if I wanted, but can't catch a Cricket game?

P-
that's because a cricket game would REALLY BE ALL DAY

silicon valley

Moves
23 Jun 10

so you'll need to choose between watching that and golf

silicon valley

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
It's wonderful to see sides likes the USA and Korea, South and North, playing with such passion. I only hope that the North Korean team is exempt from reeducation.
after getting their butts kicked 7-0, they'll be lucky if their families haven't already been liquidated.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by zeeblebot
that's because a cricket game would REALLY BE ALL DAY
Actually, a third of a day. And then the question remains: If one loves watching said sport, why not watch 8 hours of it?

silicon valley

Moves
23 Jun 10

well, i guess we know now why your missus forbade satellite.

silicon valley

Moves
23 Jun 10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_time_%28cricket%29

Games in the sport of cricket are played over a number of hours or days, ... Typically, first-class cricket matches are played over three to five days with at least six hours of cricket being played each day. One-day cricket matches last for six hours or more. Cricket therefore has special rules about intervals for lunch, tea and drinks as well as rules about when play starts and ends.