1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 04:551 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A most unimpressive performance by the Irish barely pulling off a narrow win in 3 OTs against a so-so Pitt team. Oregon and K-State both won impressively so I think this will drop ND in the BCS and mean that two of the teams in front of them will have to lose for them to have any chance of getting to the Championship game even if they run the table.
    Alabama barely escaped Baton Rouge with their pants on tonight. I dislike Bama more than any team, but I do believe they're the best in the land.

4 undefeated teams now. From the games I've watched, K-State and Bama should be there in the end, IMO.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 12:17
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Alabama barely escaped Baton Rouge with their pants on tonight. I dislike Bama more than any team, but I do believe they're the best in the land.

4 undefeated teams now. From the games I've watched, K-State and Bama should be there in the end, IMO.
    I'm thinking of a Oregon Alabama match up.

Of course, everyone hates the SEC now. Even the announcers seem to be weary of them. At the beginning of the year all the announcers on ESPN snubbed the SEC by saying an SEC team would NOT be in the NCG this year. This is a shocking statement since the SEC has won for the last century.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 17:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm thinking of a Oregon Alabama match up.

Of course, everyone hates the SEC now. Even the announcers seem to be weary of them. At the beginning of the year all the announcers on ESPN snubbed the SEC by saying an SEC team would NOT be in the NCG this year. This is a shocking statement since the SEC has won for the last century.
    You really lose all credibility in anything you say when you make stupid statements like:

This is a shocking statement since the SEC has won for the last century.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '12 00:511 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You really lose all credibility in anything you say when you make stupid statements like:

[b]This is a shocking statement since the SEC has won for the last century.
    [/b]
    Well it seems like a century!! 😠

Has it been half a century?
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 00:45
    Well it seems like a century!! 😠

Has it been half a century?
    It has been 6 years....since TEXAS won the National Championship.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 14:34
    Hmmm? Seems longer.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 15:27
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    No.
    😏
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 05:20
    Make it 7 years in a row spanky. Bama is back in town and it looks like there is gonna be trouble.
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 09:43
    Make it 7 years in a row spanky. Bama is back in town and it looks like there is gonna be trouble.
    Too bad UT isn't very good this year 🙁

Oh, what strings the mighty Satan of Alabama may pull.

Too bad KState fell to Baylor. They were looking so good!
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 16:54
    Too bad UT isn't very good this year 🙁

Oh, what strings the mighty Satan of Alabama may pull.

Too bad KState fell to Baylor. They were looking so good!
    Just hope for a Notre Dame win at USC Saturday or the likelihood is there will be another all-SEC BCS Championship Game; Alabama, Georgia and Florida are now #2, 3 and 4 in the BCS standings.
  11. Joined
    06 Feb '04
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 17:43
    So far, they are making all of the right moves. They should beat USC and complete the rise from oblivion in their quest for a National Championship.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 19:431 edit
    Just hope for a Notre Dame win at USC Saturday or the likelihood is there will be another all-SEC BCS Championship Game; Alabama, Georgia and Florida are now #2, 3 and 4 in the BCS standings.
    With the change in QB due to matt Barkley's injury at USC, ND is all but assured of the victory.
    Granted nothing is a gimme, but this one is pretty well locked up, and the Irish will
    continue to play inspired.

I suspect they will go into the BCS as the #1 seed in the NCG.
    Their opponent will most likely come from the SEC.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 20:42
    With the change in QB due to matt Barkley's injury at USC, ND is all but assured of the victory.
    Granted nothing is a gimme, but this one is pretty well locked up, and the Irish will
    continue to play inspired.

I suspect they will go into the BCS as the #1 seed in the NCG.
    Their opponent will most likely come from the SEC.
    I don't think the Irish are a lock to win against USC. they struggled mightily to beat some so-so teams in Purdue, BYU and Pitt. They just don't score enough for any game to be an easy one unless they are playing really substandard competition (like Navy and Wake Forest).

If they do win, the scenarios where they don't play the SEC Champion are highly unlikely; perhaps if Georgia lost to Georgia Tech and then beat Alabama in the SEC Championship AND Florida lost to Florida State. That would give an opening for Oregon (which would still have to beat Oregon State).
  14. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 14:56
    I don't think the Irish are a lock to win against USC. they struggled mightily to beat some so-so teams in Purdue, BYU and Pitt. They just don't score enough for any game to be an easy one unless they are playing really substandard competition (like Navy and Wake Forest).

If they do win, the scenarios where they don't play the SEC Champion a ...[text shortened]... a State. That would give an opening for Oregon (which would still have to beat Oregon State).
    I think the Irish will beat USC handily. They're just not very good this year.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 20:161 edit
    I think the Irish will beat USC handily. They're just not very good this year.
    Really? They started the season #1 and were in the top 10 until a month ago. They have only one loss at home and that was to Oregon, a game they were in until the final minutes.

Granted their defense is rather porous but ND hasn't exactly run up the score against any but the weakest teams on their schedule. I think this will be a tough game for the Irish; I've seen USC beat ND so many times it makes me ill thinking about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree