1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 14:32
    After a thrilling win against Stanford, the Irish are up to 5th in the BCS rankings and the AP/USA polls. Their defense hasn't given up a TD in the last four games, 3 of those against teams that were rated in the Top 20 when the games were played. Granted their offense isn't particularly good but they've done enough to get the job done.

In two weeks they are at Oklahoma and they end the season at USC. Certainly if they run the table, they'll get a shot at the title. Can they do it?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 15:00
    No.
  3. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 12:44
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    After a thrilling win against Stanford, the Irish are up to 5th in the BCS rankings and the AP/USA polls. Their defense hasn't given up a TD in the last four games, 3 of those against teams that were rated in the Top 20 when the games were played. Granted their offense isn't particularly good but they've done enough to get the job done.

In ...[text shortened]... on at USC. Certainly if they run the table, they'll get a shot at the title. Can they do it?
    Playing the Sooners away will certainly be the biggest test so far.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Oct '12 15:05
    Trap game with a BYU team that hung in against Oregon state until the last 5 minutes.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Oct '12 22:59
    Irish struggle but get the win. They'll obviously have to perform better if they are going to have a chance to beat the Sooners next weeks. Golson will be back to play QB; Rees looked pretty awful today.
  6. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 14:17
    October, 1966 ..... Notre Dame at Oklahoma's Homecoming ..... Both teams undefeated ..... Final Score: ND 38 Okla 0 .....
    I know it don't mean squat in 2012, but it's still a great memory from my freshman year at ND!
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 13:15
    The Irish have a few more days to enjoy their undefeated season. I just hope they don't get embarrassed this weekend.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 11:20
    Irish cannot let a very good OU get up on them and need to stop slacking in first half of games. Mighty tough test coming for them. They ought to count themselves lucky they go to OU and not KSU!
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 14:41
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Irish cannot let a very good OU get up on them and need to stop slacking in first half of games. Mighty tough test coming for them. They ought to count themselves lucky they go to OU and not KSU!
    I agree. Kansas State is frickin' loaded!
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 21:55
    What's this? My man pulling for a pro-life football team? I love it.

Irish all the way. I don't think they'll get the look for the big game - everybody wants them there but I don't think they're better than K-State. Probably better than Oregon. If they can pull it off against Oklahoma, and they can, they can beat USC and roll in to the bowl games 12-0. The season is Saturday.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 20:25
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    What's this? My man pulling for a pro-life football team? I love it.

Irish all the way. I don't think they'll get the look for the big game - everybody wants them there but I don't think they're better than K-State. Probably better than Oregon. If they can pull it off against Oklahoma, and they can, they can beat USC and roll in to the bowl games 12-0. The season is Saturday.
    I am rooting for the Irish only because I hate OU, but doubt Irish can pull this one off!
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 03:39
    Irish whip the Sooners. 30-13. Good chance they'll be up to #3 in the BCS.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 04:05
    Congrats to the Irish. It seems I underestimated them. I guess the last test will be against USC in their last game of the season.

Even though they have improved, I dare say I don't envy them going up against Alabama, but I guess they need a sacrificial lamb of some sort, so why not the Irish?
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 16:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    Congrats to the Irish. It seems I underestimated them. I guess the last test will be against USC in their last game of the season.

Even though they have improved, I dare say I don't envy them going up against Alabama, but I guess they need a sacrificial lamb of some sort, so why not the Irish?
    I was stunned by the awesome defensive performance. Seems like OU never got the swagger back after that botched snap. They never looked the same! Hats off to the Irish!
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 02:58
    A most unimpressive performance by the Irish barely pulling off a narrow win in 3 OTs against a so-so Pitt team. Oregon and K-State both won impressively so I think this will drop ND in the BCS and mean that two of the teams in front of them will have to lose for them to have any chance of getting to the Championship game even if they run the table.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree