1. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 15:401 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Leyritz received a light sentence because he was acquitted of DUI manslaughter. Vick wasn't acquitted on his felony charges.
    Lewritz was convicted of driving under the influence which has a six month maximum. Given the fact that someone actually died in the accident, the fact that he refused a breathilizer and the fact that he was arrested for assault while the trial was pending and that his legal defense was that his alcohol level rose after the crash becuase he took a vodka shot to calm his nerves, I'd say jail is appropriate.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 18:04
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Lewritz was convicted of driving under the influence which has a six month maximum. Given the fact that someone actually died in the accident, the fact that he refused a breathilizer and the fact that he was arrested for assault while the trial was pending and that his legal defense was that his alcohol level rose after the crash becuase he took a vodka shot to calm his nerves, I'd say jail is appropriate.
    I don't know what state the crime was committed in but Leyritz would have been sent to prison in Texas where we have some of the toughest intoxication manslaughter laws around. However, that said, it is the misfortune of our society that slick attorneys can get almost anyone acquitted. To wit OJ! I know of someone who drove with his five kids on board and was intoxicated. Judge gave him a mere slap on the wrist. MADD was hopping mad! Cannot get into details, but a witness was scolded for being too tough on the man! Stuff like that drives me madder than MADD. Funny there's no DADD, is there?
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 18:131 edit
    I have no idea why you think it is more of a privelege to play in the NFL than in the NCAA. Your excuplation of Cam Newton because he had no idea that his father was selling his services is ridiculous. If you are into fair punishment for sports crimes, ask where the money went (you don't think the Newton's decided on Auburn without getting paid do you?) not he was sorry and he continuously says he is sorry (which seems to be important to you).
    I do not exculpate anyone. How the league decides to carry out its business has nothing to do with me. I deplore fraud, illegaility, under the table deals and such. As far as I know Vick partied like a rock star in college, drove expensive vehicles and no one raised a peep. One can only speculate how the monies for such luxuries were attained. I applaud the Heisman voters who refused to vote for Newton. LaMichael James and Andrew Luck were worthier candidates. Last year's award should have gone to Toby Gerhardt since he performed consistently whereas Ingram had a 29 yard game. I would have not voted for Ingram, but voters seem to give awards if the player's parent is incarcerated as if somehow that makes the guy worthier of an award.

However, not all in sports is bad, nor are all athletes like Vick. Warrick Dunn won the Heisman Humaniatarian award for 2010, Mia Hamm for 2009:
    http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Warrick-Dunn-Named-2010-Heisman-Humanitarian.html?soid=1102727622782&aid=D22ubdbD3m4

There are still great role models and wonderful people in athletics!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 19:07
    You should get a job as a judge then.
  5. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 21:041 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I do not exculpate anyone. How the league decides to carry out its business has nothing to do with me. I deplore fraud, illegaility, under the table deals and such. As far as I know Vick partied like a rock star in college, drove expensive vehicles and no one raised a peep. One can only speculate how the monies for such luxuries were attained. I applaud 622782&aid=D22ubdbD3m4

There are still great role models and wonderful people in athletics!
    You still seem fixated on Vick. I'd agree with a lot more of what you say if you just picked a different example.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 21:05
    Whatevs! Keep on loving thugs and hating me. You like human refuse. I don't. Nuff said!
    If you don't like human refuse then how do you manage to live with yourself?
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 22:33
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    If you don't like human refuse then how do you manage to live with yourself?
    By talking to people like you who do! Hope your Vick poster in your closet gives you pleasure. Must be the water closet and mighty smelly!
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 22:45
    You still seem fixated on Vick. I'd agree with a lot more of what you say if you just picked a different example.
    Fixated? Do you even know what that means? You believe I am preoccupied with the man instead of the issue? The thread is about Vick. Vick is the one who committed the crimes (plural). His being exalted is repugnant to me. If you want other examples of sorry humanity start a thread about them. I'm sure to pipe in. What example would you like me to use? Others aren't being talked about as possible MVP's. Therein lies the difference! The man is a detestable piece of thuggish garbage being held up as an examplar of redemption, which he is not. I can't help who he is. Nor can I help there's countless others like him. I like the NFL less and less because Goodell and the hierarchy seem to have no cojones. You brought up Roethlisberger before. He is another one undeserving of being a star, but he did not kill and torture animals! Frequently those who kill, maim and torture animals move on to humans. We have become too forgiving a society.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 23:02
    By talking to people like you who do! Hope your Vick poster in your closet gives you pleasure. Must be the water closet and mighty smelly!
    Never liked Vick. He isn't a real quarterback.
  10. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 23:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You should get a job as a judge then.
    Wrecked, enough with the jailhouse laywers
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 05:062 edits
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Never liked Vick. He isn't a real quarterback.
    he took the Giants defence to pieces! i don't know what hes done, but man, what a player that guy is.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 12:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    he took the Giants defence to pieces! i don't know what hes done, but man, what a player that guy is.
    Like him or not the dude is playing lights out! NYG's only had to produce one sustained drive and failed, but Vick never stopped getting after it. Miserable human being, but indeed a great player!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 13:18
    Like him or not the dude is playing lights out! NYG's only had to produce one sustained drive and failed, but Vick never stopped getting after it. Miserable human being, but indeed a great player!
    hes like a running back and a quarter back all rolled into one. Maybe he just needs a second chance Scacchi 🙂
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 13:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hes like a running back and a quarter back all rolled into one. Maybe he just needs a second chance Scacchi 🙂
    Don't get me started. I've said all there is to be said. Man's a thug! He is getting his undeserved second chance BTW. I am just supremely skeptical. Not all players can be Tim Tebows, that's for sure!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 14:23
    Don't get me started. I've said all there is to be said. Man's a thug! He is getting his undeserved second chance BTW. I am just supremely skeptical. Not all players can be Tim Tebows, that's for sure!
    perhaps he had no proper guidance in his life and made mistakes? the whole Baltimore Ravens team are apparently thugs as one Indy fan was telling me 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree